Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MID Discussion, Release Date, Unity Etc

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MID Discussion, Release Date, Unity Etc

    In the wake of recent developments, MID has been delayed until 2016. Thought I'd make this thread so we can speculate on all things MID , release date, change to Unity ect . Now HeR has said "At this time, we can’t confirm an exact launch date, but we hope it will launch sometime in 2016."

    That makes me think its unlikely to be an early 2016 release eg. Jan-March. The first game of the year has normally been released around May so that's probably the earliest we will see it. Its possible HeR will skip that and go to a release around October which has been second games release date. But that seems a bit late for me.

    I'm going with June/July release I think HeR change the release dates up a bit. Either way I think MID will be released between May-October. I will be surprised if its any earlier or later than that period.
    Last edited by DPL_93; September 6, 2015, 07:12 PM.

  • #2
    Being as the company isn't even sure that the game will release in 2016 but rather is *hoping* that it will, I will take a guess and say that if we are lucky the game will be released October/November 2016. That gives them a little over a year to get the game ready, and the game would be released around Halloween, fitting in nicely with what we have seen from the trailer of the tone/theme of the game.

    I really hope we don't have to wait until 2017, but I am kind of mentally preparing for that possibility now, even though I'm already having a hard time getting my mind around the idea of no new ND game the rest of *this* year.
    Last edited by Tedbear2; August 21, 2015, 08:42 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tedbear2 View Post
      Being as the company isn't even sure that the game will release in 2016 but rather is *hoping* that it will, I will take a guess and say that if we are lucky the game will be released October/November 2016. That gives them a little over a year to get the game ready, and the game would be released around Halloween, fitting in nicely with what we have seen from the trailer of the tone/theme of the game.

      I really hope we don't have to wait until 2017, but I am kind of mentally preparing for that possibility now, even though I'm already having a hard time getting my mind around the idea of no new ND game *this* year.
      Those are some good points! Will have been 17 months since SEA's release assuming that HeR didn't start from scratch again they would have been working on MED for nearly 20 months.

      MID really could be make or break for HeR, a poor reception after nearly 2 years of no new releases could be really damaging.

      Comment


      • #4
        Tbh I kinda doubt it'll come out in 2016. Someone commented on the AS blog asking if Her was confident that it'll come out in 2016 and LJ responded that they really have no idea, or something like that.

        Not to be overly negative, but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was "never"? There have been a lot of hints over the past year or so that they're not doing well, and I bet it will be even harder on them financially now that they have no new products imminently coming out. This whole thing reminds me of Syberia 3, which the devs have been saying is coming out soon for the past 6 years or so. All that's left at Her is a handful of management employees right now, as far as we know...I just wouldn't trust that a game with a vague release date of "hopefully 2016" will actually definitely be released. :/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AutumnMemories View Post
          Tbh I kinda doubt it'll come out in 2016. Someone commented on the AS blog asking if Her was confident that it'll come out in 2016 and LJ responded that they really have no idea, or something like that.

          Not to be overly negative, but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was "never"? There have been a lot of hints over the past year or so that they're not doing well, and I bet it will be even harder on them financially now that they have no new products imminently coming out. This whole thing reminds me of Syberia 3, which the devs have been saying is coming out soon for the past 6 years or so. All that's left at Her is a handful of management employees right now, as far as we know...I just wouldn't trust that a game with a vague release date of "hopefully 2016" will actually definitely be released. :/
          Pretty much thought exactly the same when I heard the news though I have tried to be optimistic. "2016" might just be a way of trying to stop speculation. I fear MID may end up like SOS.

          Comment


          • #6
            I wouldn't be surprised, but I would be devastated, if HeR ended up never producing more games. I can't imagine my life without two new games a year 2017 would be hard enough, but never? Honestly though, if they don't release it by 2017 at the latest, I imagine they'll lose a lot of fans just due to no new products I guess that's why they're making some app...
            To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

            My threads:

            R4JC!!
            Olivia Trey Penelope

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DPL_93 View Post
              Pretty much thought exactly the same when I heard the news though I have tried to be optimistic. "2016" might just be a way of trying to stop speculation. I fear MID may end up like SOS.
              Yeah. My first thought upon reading the announcement was excitement, since I thought Unity meant the series was switching to 3D and was getting a major revamp. But the more I think about it, the more I wonder if the announcement was really just borne of the fact that they had to somehow break it to us that MID wasn't coming out, and they just tried to frame it in an exciting way to quell speculation.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ndfan1234 View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised, but I would be devastated, if HeR ended up never producing more games. I can't imagine my life without two new games a year 2017 would be hard enough, but never? Honestly though, if they don't release it by 2017 at the latest, I imagine they'll lose a lot of fans just due to no new products I guess that's why they're making some app...
                Was told the app has something to do with the The Silent Spy and the Spy agency not sure how would work honestly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I really want to think that we will see MID eventually, but as I said before, I think 2017 is probably more realistic in terms of a release date.

                  The company needs something to keep the enthusiasm/momentum going if we are going to have to wait that long. In a perfect world, what would do it for me is if Ship of Shadows were to be released in the interim; I would be willing to pay a somewhat higher price for it, and even as a digital download only - and I am not a fan of digital downloads. I had heard that the game was pretty close to completion when the project was canned, but of course I have no inside information to confirm that. Obviously, though, now they have to devote all of their time to re-doing MID for the Unity engine, and this is just a dream that I had...

                  And I am not forgetting that they are planning a mobile app for the spring, but I believe that most of their loyal fans are primarily PC gamers.

                  This has all really been a shock to my system. I've been playing these games for about 13 years now, and this recent turn of events has made me feel almost traumatized. That might sound a bit melodramatic, but I'm sure those of you who feel the same way I do about these games understand what I mean. It's been hard to think about much of anything else since I heard the news.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DPL_93 View Post
                    Was told the app has something to do with the The Silent Spy and the Spy agency not sure how would work honestly.
                    Who told you/where did you hear that the app would be about SPY? That sounds interesting tbh, and could work if done right.
                    Edit: also this is interesting because after the GTH app, SPY was meant to be next to be released.

                    ***merged***

                    Originally posted by DPL_93 View Post
                    Was told the app has something to do with the The Silent Spy and the Spy agency not sure how would work honestly.
                    Someone on Facebook asked HeR about this and they said it's incorrect.
                    Last edited by hedgie; August 25, 2015, 08:58 PM. Reason: Mod's Note: Please do not double post, a form of spam.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nancycluedrew View Post
                      Someone on Facebook asked HeR about this and they said it's incorrect.
                      Wouldn't expect them to confirm it if its true anyway guess we will have to wait and see.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I really don't think they would invest all this money in switching platforms if they expected they might never put another game out. That would be a real last ditch effort, I just don't know that a new CEO would come in and throw the whole business away on a huge move like that. I think we'll get more games, but I think we just have to be patient until early 2017 (IMHO). I've been spoiled to the every-6-month thing, but it was fun while it lasted! :)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i talk to them today and they said they are not switching plaforms, they are just going delay it when they do not know.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by over 40 View Post
                            i talk to them today and they said they are not switching plaforms, they are just going delay it when they do not know.
                            So you mean they aren't switching to Unity? Think some people get confused, when most people think of Platforms they think of PC, Mac, Console , by HeR saying they are Switching Platforms they mean they are changing the Game Engine the games will still be on PC and that switch is the reason for the delay. They said that in the August letter.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              that is what they told me pc and mac, etc.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X