The Crucible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crucible

Anybody else hoping that HER includes some stuff about "The Crucible" by Arthur Miller in MID?
    I just saw the play and it was amazing!
    I have heard that some students read it in high school? It might be cool if one of the characters were a HS/Uni student (or teacher/prof) and mentioned some aspects of it.
    Obviously they are including something about Hawthorne (I may not have spelled that right). Will that be only the author, or will it also be his ancestor the judge? (Who is also a character in "The Crucible").
    Case Closed!:
    SCK2, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, SSH, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR, CLK, TRN, DAN, CRE, ICE, CRY, VEN, HAU, RAN, WAC, TOT, SAW, CAP, ASH, TMB, DED, GTH, SPY, MED, LIE, SEA.

Currently anticipating: ND #33: Midnight in Salem!

It would be super cool if some of The Crucible is mentioned! Although, there are a lot of things in that particular play that I could see some of the members of the board deem as inappropriate. But who knows? It's all about the witch trials!
    I became insane
    With long intervals
    of terrible
    Sanity
    - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I know we read it in high school (and then watched the movie).

It would be really neat to see it included, I really enjoyed the play.

I took you by the hand and we stood tall
      And remembered our own land, what we lived for...

..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
      ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
      ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
      ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
      ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Moonhart View Post
        It would be super cool if some of The Crucible is mentioned! Although, there are a lot of things in that particular play that I could see some of the members of the board deem as inappropriate. But who knows? It's all about the witch trials!
        I think that if it was mentioned, HER would include what they thought was relevant to the game's plot and make sure that it was within the limits of E/E10 rating. You're right though, who knows? It is about witch trials which were and still are somewhat controversial to this day.
        Case Closed!:
        SCK2, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, SSH, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR, CLK, TRN, DAN, CRE, ICE, CRY, VEN, HAU, RAN, WAC, TOT, SAW, CAP, ASH, TMB, DED, GTH, SPY, MED, LIE, SEA.

Currently anticipating: ND #33: Midnight in Salem!

Comment

I read it in High School, and I remember that I did not really like, it, of course I did not like any book that my teachers made us read, and I have seen the movie, it would be good to mention it in the game.

Comment

I remember reading it and watching the movie in high school. I found it very intriguing, and it would be pretty cool if there was some mention of it. It's nice to just have actual pieces of history in the games. :)

--E.

Comment

Working...
            X