Midnight in Salem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight in Salem

I'm so anxiously waiting for Midnight in Salem to be released, I'm nearly losing my mind. Is there any updates relating to the release?
    Last edited by catsandbooks; May 31, 2016, 06:01 PM. Reason: Moved to correct board

No updates as of yet, sadly. All we know is that it's anticipated to release this year, but even that isn't confirmed. I wish we'd get more info, but patience is the name of the game it seems.
    a . broken . heart . to . lie . forever
    ¸·*¨¯¨*·¸...under tattered sails and 'neath ..¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
    ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸(.....`·-·`...............a . blackened . sky ..............`·-·`.....)¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
    `·-·`.......` · . ¸ _)¯¨ * · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ , . · * ¨¯(_ ¸ . · `.......`·-·`

Currently playing: Danger on Deception Island
    Currently reading: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin...(Plus college textbooks. Noooo!)

Comment

Originally posted by actress19 View Post
      No updates as of yet, sadly. All we know is that it's anticipated to release this year, but even that isn't confirmed. I wish we'd get more info, but patience is the name of the game it seems.
      I'm thinking it would most likely be released around Halloween because of the theme. I really really REALLY hope that they won't change the plot that was presented in the teaser trailer too much. I've been praying for a witches in Salem plot for SO long.

How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
      - Sherlock Holmes in The Sign of Four

Comment

I agree with NancyNed. It probably won't be released until November/October IF it releases this year. Her has stated that this year release is a little shaky. I know they just really wanted to get the Codes & Clues game out, so I'm not sure if they have even started the production of MID or if they've put it on hold until further notice. Just the rumors I've been hearing.
        the world fondly remembers those who only give,
        -x-x-x- and soon forget those who only take -x-x-x-

I have completed ND games 1-32 and the secrets can kill remastered

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower966 View Post
          I agree with NancyNed. It probably won't be released until November/October IF it releases this year. Her has stated that this year release is a little shaky. I know they just really wanted to get the Codes & Clues game out, so I'm not sure if they have even started the production of MID or if they've put it on hold until further notice. Just the rumors I've been hearing.
          When did they say that this year release is a little shaky? I keep seeing them say MID will come out this year.

Comment

I'm the same way! I'm trying to just bide my time patiently by replaying the old games but it's not working that well! I'm so ready for this game to come out. I'm also excited about it being on the more scary side!

Comment

Originally posted by Haley View Post
              When did they say that this year release is a little shaky? I keep seeing them say MID will come out this year.
              They announced it before the release of Codes & Clues. If I can find the right facebook post, I can probably copy it verbatim on here, but it was awhile back. They might have confirmed this year without me seeing the post, so I could be wrong.
              the world fondly remembers those who only give,
              -x-x-x- and soon forget those who only take -x-x-x-

I have completed ND games 1-32 and the secrets can kill remastered

Comment

I think at the moment they're promoting Codes & Clues as much as possible, which makes me think that will be the only game they make of that type.

For MID, I'm sure they're working very hard on pulling everything together. The games I've played that have been made on the Unity engine have very rich and in-depth environments, such as walking down a street, so hopefully we'll see the same in MID. There hasn't been an update on the Amateur Sleuth blog today, though...
                "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

Comment

It was mentioned during the Twitter party that there will be another game in the Codes and Clues series.

Comment

Originally posted by actress19 View Post
                    The expectation for seeing MID sometime this year is confirmed at the very least.

I asked Nancy Drew Games about MID back in March 2016, and their response came back as:

Originally posted by Nancy Drew Games on FB
                    Nancy Drew: Codes & Clues launches this spring and then Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem will launch later in the year. Stay tuned and stay sleuthy!
                    So the expectation for a mid to late 2016 release date is perfectly justified (unless they've started saying something different more recently).

I looked at the blog and have yet to see any comments from HI suggesting that MID is no longer on schedule for "later this year" in 2016). If anyone else has heard differently from HI, please provide a link we can all reference/verify. Otherwise its all conjecture.

Comment

Free trial

Is there any chance HeR will offer a free trial of the new game? I'm wondering because IF I buy the game and the new format gives me motion sickness then I'm not gong to be a very happy detective. I'd really appreciate a small trial of the game so I can tell if it's something I can play or if it's just a waste of my money.

Apologies in advance if this has already been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie08 View Post
                        Is there any chance HeR will offer a free trial of the new game? I'm wondering because IF I buy the game and the new format gives me motion sickness then I'm not gong to be a very happy detective. I'd really appreciate a small trial of the game so I can tell if it's something I can play or if it's just a waste of my money.
                        Probably not because so much went into this game, but none of us know for sure. Have you ever played other PC games recently though? The unity platform has improved dramatically over the last decade. It no longer feels like what it used to be (the game Doom as an example), the "bobbleness" of it is almost non-existent. I highly doubt anyone would get motion sickness over it...
                        "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." -Matthew 7:7

Jeopardy! ND Style! R1 R3 Play my game! Name That ND Animal! A PBM Game

Comment

Originally posted by Scheherazade View Post
                          Probably not because so much went into this game, but none of us know for sure. Have you ever played other PC games recently though? The unity platform has improved dramatically over the last decade. It no longer feels like what it used to be (the game Doom as an example), the "bobbleness" of it is almost non-existent. I highly doubt anyone would get motion sickness over it...
                          I find the unity games i have tried to be difficult to control on the track pad and I enjoy playing relaxed on the couch. I would rather not sit at my work desk with a mouse to play a game (but will if it is the only way : ). I hope they remember to test the game so it plays well on a track pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Scheherazade View Post
                            I highly doubt anyone would get motion sickness over it...
                            My mom would. She couldn't even play 360 degree panning node games like Myst: Exile or Revelation. I think some people are just unfortunately prone to motion sickness in games with movement.

Comment

But Myst: Exile is still now 15 years old, that was my point, HER releasing a game in 16/17 is going to be better than that... But you do make a good point.
                              "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." -Matthew 7:7

Jeopardy! ND Style! R1 R3 Play my game! Name That ND Animal! A PBM Game

Comment

Working...
                              X