No announcement yet.

Midnight in Salem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, LJ said that they are in the design phase of MID, which is one of the earlier stages. They have not stated when exactly it will come out, but if it comes out in October/November, then I think it's safe to say we'll hear some information sometime this month or the next.

Comment

MID

When will this game be released any news yet?

Comment

Originally posted by nancygamer38 View Post
        When will this game be released any news yet?
        No one really knows yet. Not even HeR.

Comment

is it going to be release , we having hear anything about it. or did they forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by over 40 View Post
            is it going to be release , we having hear anything about it. or did they forget about it.
            No, no release date or any other news. There will be many posts on the boards and social media when there is more news and a release date.
            He has showed you, O man, what is good.
            And what does the LORD require of you?
            To act justly and to love mercy
            and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:8

Comment

MID is definitely being worked on, there was a message in one of the Amateur Sleuth blog posts about this. The only thing we can do is support HeR and the people working on it. Hopefully we will hear something in the next few months...
              "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

Comment

thank you guys very much.

Comment

ahhhh

in two months it's going to be two years to the relese of Sea of Darkness .
                  someone know something about Midnight in Salem?

Comment

Originally posted by Haley View Post
                    No one really knows yet. Not even HeR.
                    You're right nobody does know.
                    Last edited by hedgie; March 21, 2017, 03:44 PM. Reason: Mod's Note: Chat removed.

Comment

Midnight In Salem TBA ever...?

To be honest I've kinda given up hope on Midnight In Salem... I mean there really isn't any news about the game, or any official release date at all for this year, or the next. I know making a video game takes time, but when you don't hear about said game for nearly 2 years it can make the most patient person get a little impatient lol. I mean if there putting it on hold for Codes & Clues series then that's perfectly fine just put it out there that the game is on hiatus for the moment; something. If they did that I must have missed the memo haha I don't know it might just be me, but I just don't have a good feeling about the release for Midnight In Salem
                      Rainbow!

Comment

I think that the game might be caught up in Legal actions.

Comment

Can anyone explain the difference between the platform they have used before and Unity? (I heard it mentioned.) Will it effect the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Carson.Drew View Post
                            Can anyone explain the difference between the platform they have used before and Unity? (I heard it mentioned.) Will it effect the game?
                            The game engine they used in the past was something totally unique, created by and for Her. Anyone they hired would have to learn how to use it from scratch. On the other hand, Unity is a mainstream game engine that a lot of companies use, so it's easier to find people who already have experience with it. It's also easy to release a game for many different platforms (such as PCs, tablets, smartphones) at the same time using Unity. Otherwise I can't really compare the two, particularly since I don't know anything about the original game engine.

I can't answer your second question at all, though. The thing is, Unity by itself isn't going to make the game any different. It's like Van Gogh buying a new set of paints; that isn't going to make his paintings look like Monet's all of a sudden. How the game turns out is mainly gonna depend on who makes it and how they decide to utilize Unity's tools. But nobody knows who's developing it or what they're doing.
                            neverending song
                            2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
                            So far from me too is your home
                            to which I can never find my way
                            your fairy tale...

Comment

Originally posted by tsukiakari View Post
                              The game engine they used in the past was something totally unique, created by and for Her. Anyone they hired would have to learn how to use it from scratch. On the other hand, Unity is a mainstream game engine that a lot of companies use, so it's easier to find people who already have experience with it. It's also easy to release a game for many different platforms (such as PCs, tablets, smartphones) at the same time using Unity. Otherwise I can't really compare the two, particularly since I don't know anything about the original game engine.

I can't answer your second question at all, though. The thing is, Unity by itself isn't going to make the game any different. It's like Van Gogh buying a new set of paints; that isn't going to make his paintings look like Monet's all of a sudden. How the game turns out is mainly gonna depend on who makes it and how they decide to utilize Unity's tools. But nobody knows who's developing it or what they're doing.
                              i think unity offers free world roaming (as opposed to a straight up point and click) .

Comment

I've played some Unity games on my phone and they all looked different so I think it's really up to HeR on how MID would look. It's probably going to look similar to what they did for LIE when they did a video on LIE in Unity.
                                ~ MD12 ~

Comment

Working...
                                X