MID Discussion, Release Date, Unity Etc Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nancycluedrew View Post
    Cyber bullying is absolutely a problem in today's world, but nothing I've seen directed towards HER has reached that level. It is mostly people saying they're frustrated with the company, about the lack of transparency from the company.
    Yeah there is no cyber bullying or abuse being hurled at Her. People want to know what's going on and are upset with the way things have been going and are voicing their opinions and dissatisfaction about it. That's not cyber bullying or abuse.

Comment

• Did anyone notice that the game description on the MID page was revised?
      ¸+*¨¯¨*×, AND GOODNESS KNOWS;
      '•-•*.......))..........the wicked's lives are lonely..
      .........¸×´....,×*¨¯¯¨*+,.....Goodness knows;
      ....,+´....,+´..............))............the wicked die alone.
      ..((_¸.×´................,×´.....,×*¨¯¨*+,..Nothing grows for the wicked;
      ........................((__¸,.+´........*•-•'......... they reap only what they sow..

Comment

• Originally posted by ThriftyLizzie26 View Post
        Yeah there is no cyber bullying or abuse being hurled at Her. People want to know what's going on and are upset with the way things have been going and are voicing their opinions and dissatisfaction about it. That's not cyber bullying or abuse.
        Is it possible to cyber-bully a company? When people write to LJ directly, on the blog, everyone is always really nice..

@phoenix star

I played a game earlier this year called, Agatha Christie's ABC Murders. I noticed it was made in Unity, and the gameplay was quite standard point-and-click adventure game, like ND. It didnt have big requirements. I have a feeling maybe ND will be like that. (or maybe those requirements on the sales page are just another placeholder)
        Last edited by paperstreet; October 21, 2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by highondrew View Post
          Did anyone notice that the game description on the MID page was revised?
          I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haley View Post
            I did.
            Are you sure? How is it revised? It is still filled with grammatical errors and reads like a book report. There is still no tag line.

Maybe they should have a contest to get a fan to write something better? I would do it for a Koko Kringle!

Comment

• The synopsis is slightly different than it was before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haley View Post
                I did.
                Do you know when that happened?
                ¸+*¨¯¨*×, AND GOODNESS KNOWS;
                '•-•*.......))..........the wicked's lives are lonely..
                .........¸×´....,×*¨¯¯¨*+,.....Goodness knows;
                ....,+´....,+´..............))............the wicked die alone.
                ..((_¸.×´................,×´.....,×*¨¯¨*+,..Nothing grows for the wicked;
                ........................((__¸,.+´........*•-•'......... they reap only what they sow..

Comment

• Originally posted by highondrew View Post
                  Do you know when that happened?
                  Nope. Just saw it today.

Comment

• For those who want to save a few clicks, here's the new MID page description:

The Hathorne House was the former home of Judge John Hathorne, inquisitor of the infamous Salem witch trials and the final home to 102-year-old Frances Tuttle, his last direct descendant. When Tuttle passed away, the manor became city property and the mayor must find a manager to oversee the planned tourist attraction. Judge Steven Danforth is assigned to oversee the proceedings, but on the night of October 21st local police rescue his son Jason from the burning confines of the estate’s upstairs library. Investigators discover that the library was locked from the inside, but the young child remembers nothing about entering the room. The only thing he can recall was the frightening expressions from a “vile ghostly woman” who watched him with burning eyes as she spoke from the fireplace flames. The police were quick to respond to the fire because neighbors already called them about the boy dancing in the dark street. Was the child bewitched? Acting on tips from concerned citizens, police arrest the eccentric Mei Parris and accuse her of witchcraft. Is Mei Parris truly a witch? Or is she the victim of townsfolk who are unsettled by her unique appearance?

Please see our LETTER TO THE FANS for an update on this title.
                    a . broken . heart . to . lie . forever
                    ¸·*¨¯¨*·¸...under tattered sails and 'neath ..¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
                    ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸(.....`·-·`...............a . blackened . sky ..............`·-·`.....)¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
                    `·-·`.......` · . ¸ _)¯¨ * · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ , . · * ¨¯(_ ¸ . · `.......`·-·`

Currently playing: Danger on Deception Island
                    Currently reading: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin...(Plus college textbooks. Noooo!)

Comment

• Updated MID summary

Do you guys think that this is a sign that they are working on the game? Or that they are just listening to the feedback from fans about the summary? I really want MID to come out. I don't want to lose hope! I love HeR and want them to be successful, but things have been disappointing me lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsSleuth View Post
                        I have a screenshot of the comment (I had sent it to HeR in my email) and Catherine-Grace was the person HeR was replying to. They ended the comment with "Thank you for your feedback Catherine-Grace".

People aren't "mad", just disappointed in the quality of writing. Also, if you look at the original MID script writer's twitter, the text was never supposed to be made public. She said the text was written for internal use only. I think she had even said in a reply that if she could, she'd offer to re-write it for them for free. It was a paragraph of text that would have taken 10 minutes to re-write...It seemed rushed and like they didn't really care.
                        Is it possible to find this screenshot anywhere else...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ember01 View Post
                          Do you guys think that this is a sign that they are working on the game? Or that they are just listening to the feedback from fans about the summary? I really want MID to come out. I don't want to lose hope! I love HeR and want them to be successful, but things have been disappointing me lately.
                          I think it's a sign of both. They've probably revised it so quickly after putting the page up due to pressure from the fans. If no one had pointed out the sloppiness, and then there hadn't been the business with them using Katie's summary, who knows when (if) they would've changed it?

I do believe they're working on MID, however. I just don't know if it's their #1 priority like I'd like it to be.
                          a . broken . heart . to . lie . forever
                          ¸·*¨¯¨*·¸...under tattered sails and 'neath ..¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
                          ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸(.....`·-·`...............a . blackened . sky ..............`·-·`.....)¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
                          `·-·`.......` · . ¸ _)¯¨ * · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ , . · * ¨¯(_ ¸ . · `.......`·-·`

Currently playing: Danger on Deception Island
                          Currently reading: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin...(Plus college textbooks. Noooo!)

Comment

• Thank goodness!

Originally posted by actress19 View Post
                            I think it's a sign of both. They've probably revised it so quickly after putting the page up due to pressure from the fans. If no one had pointed out the sloppiness, and then there hadn't been the business with them using Katie's summary, who knows when (if) they would've changed it?

I do believe they're working on MID, however. I just don't know if it's their #1 priority like I'd like it to be.
                            Thank goodness! Haha! I have read some posts about how they think MID will never come out, and I do not want that to happen!! If they are working on it, I am happy! Haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by actress19 View Post

I think that its pretty telling that they do not have any pictures of the game itself. That seems clear that they have not finalized the game and that they are revising what they had done previous. If they had anything done at all. To me this seems like it was pressure from fans to show that they are actively trying to get the game out. But I don't think there is any hope that it will happen this year.
                              you said you were
                              afraid to lose me
                              and then you
                              faced your fears
                              and left

m.t

Comment

• Originally posted by neverquit8 View Post
                                I think that its pretty telling that they do not have any pictures of the game itself. That seems clear that they have not finalized the game and that they are revising what they had done previous. If they had anything done at all. To me this seems like it was pressure from fans to show that they are actively trying to get the game out.
                                The text still is not professionally done and they did not spend the time to do it well. Maybe they changed it, but if they really cared, they would have done it well. I think they changed it just enough to appease fans.

If this was the first thing they published, people would have said it was low quality, because it is. The first half of the paragraph makes no sense and follows no logical sequence of thought. It is still first draft quality and a plot summary, not promotional copy.

They left that ugly graphic for the strategy guide, as well.

I think they changed it cause someone on FB said they would probably lose sales if people saw it. the quote is: "It seems if you do not have an hour to make a great paragraph, what are you doing with the game?"
                                Last edited by paperstreet; October 21, 2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X