MID Discussion, Release Date, Unity Etc Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by actress19 View Post
    Nope. The fact that the head of their marketing team has admitted being busy due to working on lots of C&C projects, plus the two press releases about C&C for December, along with no "new" news on MID (since all the released info was from 2015), does not make me confident we'll see MID in Q1/Q2 2017. :/
    Where did the head of their marketing team say they've been busy due to C&C? just curious.

And LJ still has no info on MID on the as blog, and the lack of promotion for the game itself just makes me think ..... it's not coming until late next year.
    Last edited by Sr.D; December 4, 2016, 01:47 PM. Reason: off-topic info

Comment

• Originally posted by nancycluedrew View Post
      Where did the head of their marketing team say they've been busy due to C&C? just curious.

And LJ still has no info on MID on the as blog, and the lack of promotion for the game itself just makes me think either they're not going to bother marketing it at all, or it's not coming until late next year.
      I was referring to LJ. Perhaps I'm incorrect that she's the head of their marketing team, but she's certainly the face of it. She said she's been busy due to C&C projects on the latest Amateur Sleuth Blog post.
      a . broken . heart . to . lie . forever
      ¸·*¨¯¨*·¸...under tattered sails and 'neath ..¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
      ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸(.....`·-·`...............a . blackened . sky ..............`·-·`.....)¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
      `·-·`.......` · . ¸ _)¯¨ * · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ , . · * ¨¯(_ ¸ . · `.......`·-·`

Currently playing: Danger on Deception Island
      Currently reading: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin...(Plus college textbooks. Noooo!)

Comment

• Originally posted by actress19 View Post
        I was referring to LJ. Perhaps I'm incorrect that she's the head of their marketing team, but she's certainly the face of it. She said she's been busy due to C&C projects on the latest Amateur Sleuth Blog post.
        Jared is the head of the marketing team, but you're right - LJ is very much the face of it (and the company in many ways). I'm disappointed that C&C is their main focus because they made it seem like they were returning to focus on MID nowadays, but clearly not.

(I do think advent calendar she made was cute tho).

Comment

• I like LJ. I truly think she's giving us the information she can, and sometimes I think she "sneaks" a bit more information into her comments on the blog. I mean, not really "sneaks" like she isn't supposed to tell people, but you know. A bit more info for us than we would otherwise get.

There's someone I'd really like to see make it as a phone friend, possibly even in this game. I consider this kind of a spoiler because it deals with characters, and everyone is a suspect in that game until they aren't, y'know? Don't wanna ruin it for anyone.

(Possible Alibi in Ashes Spoiler Below:)
          I'd actually like to see Alexei come back as a phone friend. He was really pretty neat. I felt drawn to his story and character, and I think there are plenty of avenues where his knowledge could easily be brought into a game. The guy is an antiques dealer, afterall. Probably knows a lot about a lot of random things. In a way I guess maybe including him in the game would also spoil it for people, I don't know. But I liked him a lot.

Comment

• I've tried to be positive, but after playing the Miss Clue games, I've seen what the games are missing lately and without a fancy new engine and graphics. I don't even know if I'm going to want Midnight in Salem if I can play games that are more fun because they found a way to incorporate everything that the fans of the classic games have been asking for. They even had Lani voice characters in their latest. The miss clue company has the charm of a small company that is engaging with their fans that HER is missing big time lately-LJ excluded! I voiced an idea for interface and got an immediate reply from one of the makers.
            If Midnight in Salem comes out, I'm only going to buy it if it isn't puzzle heavy and has more sleuthing and exciting second chances.
            Castle Quote
            Sorenson: Really, we're gonna waste time on the insights of Nancy Drew here?
            Castle: Is that supposed to be an insult? Because Nancy Drew solved every case!
            I love this line!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyokai View Post
              I've tried to be positive, but after playing the Miss Clue games, I've seen what the games are missing lately and without a fancy new engine and graphics. I don't even know if I'm going to want Midnight in Salem if I can play games that are more fun because they found a way to incorporate everything that the fans of the classic games have been asking for. They even had Lani voice characters in their latest. The miss clue company has the charm of a small company that is engaging with their fans that HER is missing big time lately-LJ excluded! I voiced an idea for interface and got an immediate reply from one of the makers.
              If Midnight in Salem comes out, I'm only going to buy it if it isn't puzzle heavy and has more sleuthing and exciting second chances.

The Miss Clue games are no where close to being as good as Nancy Drew! The characters' voice acting in the Miss Clue games are TERRIBLE ( Besides Lani Minella which they used for like 5 Different characters ) and you can't choose what you want to do next like in Nancy Drew games. In Miss Clue you basically play the game ONE way. With Nancy Drew games you can do this puzzle first or this puzzle or explore here or there. I would almost say that the first Nancy Drew game is more fun and enjoyable than Miss Clue games. Yes, in Trials of Salem they did make improvements, but they are still nowhere close to being good as HeR. There is a lot more I could say, but I'v rambled enough

Comment

• Let's have patient with HeR. There must be other fun mystery-related stuff like crime shows, mystery computer games, and books that would keep you all busy while HeR take their time in making Midnight in Salem.

I do remember how when they said they would focus on the 33rd game after the Codes and Clues release but I wonder if they are trying to market it and get people to play the game and experiment.

I think most companies of all things want to experiment with new things. You wouldn't want the same thing all the time would you? It may get tiring after awhile for me.

Remember how they would release 1 game a year? I wasn't a fan yet then but I have read about when Secrets Can Kill, the first game, came out in 1998. The next game, Stay Tuned for Danger, came out in 1999. The first two games to come out in one year I'm pretty sure was Treasure in a Royal Tower and The Final Scene, games 4 & 5, which came out I believe in 2001.

And I saw in an AS blog where LJ commented to someone about how they are a small company and they can only make one or two games at a time.

I know change can be hard but I think we all need a little change every now and then.

I also want to add:
                : I ♥ the games and even though I don't play them much anymore, I can still watch Nancy drew video walkthroughs on YouTube and still have fun with the games!
                Last edited by mdetective12; December 6, 2016, 11:29 AM.
                ~ MD12 ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Minecraftster View Post
                  The Miss Clue games are no where close to being as good as Nancy Drew! They're not going to be because it's a small company that's just starting out. The reason I enjoy them is because I don't compare them to Herinteractive, except for certain elements of gameplay that I have enjoyed from the classic ND gamesThe characters' voice acting in the Miss Clue games are TERRIBLE ( Besides Lani Minella which they used for like 5 Different characters ) There are other great games I enjoy with terrible voice acting and animation (Kings Quest 5 for example) so this is no problem for me. Things like that don't bother me so long as the game is fun. and you can't choose what you want to do next like in Nancy Drew games. This is probably because they release the games for free with a flashplayer. There isn't as much room. You can do more exploration in their downloaded game, Peril in Pemberley. In Miss Clue you basically play the game ONE way. With Nancy Drew games you can do this puzzle first or this puzzle or explore here or there. That's the problem with the Nancy Drew games for me lately, I don't want to pick between this or that puzzle, I want to sleuth, encounter danger and second chances! I would almost say that the first Nancy Drew game is more fun and enjoyable than Miss Clue games. I won't argue with you there, but I still think the Miss Clue games are close. Yes, in Trials of Salem they did make improvements, but they are still nowhere close to being good as HeR. They probably don't have the money yet, but I think HER's game Mckenzie and Co is really cringeworthy. Everyone starts somewhere!There is a lot more I could say, but I'v rambled enough
                  I'm not trying to come across as mad or rude; I just thought is was fun discussing it.
                  Castle Quote
                  Sorenson: Really, we're gonna waste time on the insights of Nancy Drew here?
                  Castle: Is that supposed to be an insult? Because Nancy Drew solved every case!
                  I love this line!

Comment

• Originally posted by mdetective12 View Post
                    Let's have patient with HeR. There must be other fun mystery-related stuff like crime shows, mystery computer games, and books that would keep you all busy while HeR take their time in making Midnight in Salem.

I do remember how when they said they would focus on the 33rd game after the Codes and Clues release but I wonder if they are trying to market it and get people to play the game and experiment.

I think most companies of all things want to experiment with new things. You wouldn't want the same thing all the time would you? It may get tiring after awhile for me.

Remember how they would release 1 game a year? I wasn't a fan yet then but I have read about when Secrets Can Kill, the first game, came out in 1998. The next game, Stay Tuned for Danger, came out in 1999. The first two games to come out in one year I'm pretty sure was Treasure in a Royal Tower and The Final Scene, games 4 & 5, which came out I believe in 2001.

And I saw in an AS blog where LJ commented to someone about how they are a small company and they can only make one or two games at a time.

I know change can be hard but I think we all need a little change every now and then.

I also want to add:
                    : I ♥ the games and even though I don't play them much anymore, I can still watch Nancy drew video walkthroughs on YouTube and still have fun with the games!
                    So I was looking at the Nancy Drew Games facebook page and noticed this exact comment which I'm assuming is from you because it's all the same wording. Here's the thing, when you have a business it is important to listen to the fanbase and the fanbase is not happy with what has been going on with these games especially since HER went through all their changes and has basically been stringing fans along for almost two years. People have been patient. In fact I think two years is a pretty long time to be patient with HER. Especially considering the lack of information and then the slap in the face to all fans when Codes for Clues came out and there was still no mention of anything related to Midnight in Salem. They way you worded your comment makes it seems like Fans are just lashing out and complaining for no reason and that we should just be quiet and just keep going with it because MID will come out eventually. A lot of us have sunk a lot of money into their company with purchasing new games every year and sometimes purchasing two games every year. To go from having constant updates from HER to going to having practically nothing but the same computerized response is a slap in the face to fans who have been faithful to their product, for years. I mean people not happy with what's going on right now it's not like it's come out of nowhere. This is a buildup of two years of nothing and then the same updates which basically says "Hey we're working on it but have nothing to tell you, but stay sleuthy." So yeah change is hard but when you have multiple fans saying the same thing and then the company pretty much brushing all of us off then yeah people are going to stop having patience and want to know what's going on.

Comment

• That's me. =)

Yeah maybe I'm just over thinking about this too much. I've been stuck and obsessed with Nancy Drew since 2011. I started playing the games in 2006 but it wasn't until when I had to move on with my fandom of other things that had disappeared from my life and HeR Interactive came along.

I shouldn't be so stuck as being stuck and over thinking too much are two of my worst habits and I'm very sorry if my posts like this has been maybe seem like I'm tired of everyone's leaving HeR or something.

I'm just going to move on and not post any more of this kind of posts and just play, maybe create games members have created on this board and if anyone need help with gameplays and stuff like that.

Again, I'm very sorry if I have been posting stuff like I think everyone is leaving HeR or something. I really don't mean to hurt or offend anyone

~ MD12 ~

Comment

That's me. =)

Yeah maybe I'm just over thinking about this too much. I've been stuck and obsessed with Nancy Drew since 2011. I started playing the games in 2006 but it wasn't until when I had to move on with my fandom of other things that had disappeared from my life and HeR Interactive came along.

I shouldn't be so stuck as being stuck and over thinking too much are two of my worst habits and I'm very sorry if my posts like this has been maybe seem like I'm tired of everyone's leaving HeR or something.

I'm just going to move on and not post any more of this kind of posts and just play, maybe create games members have created on this board and if anyone need help with gameplays and stuff like that.

Again, I'm very sorry if I have been posting stuff like I think everyone is leaving HeR or something. I really don't mean to hurt or offend anyone

You do you, girl! I enjoy your optimism. I wish I had some left lol

I just know, as a business owner myself, honest communication is the key to maintaining customer relations. The way HeR has been communicating with us has been a PR nightmare. Like I almost think it should be a case study in some university classroom somewhere of how NOT to rebrand/upgrade your company.

But I know some people are still holding on faith, and you're right that there are a ton of other games and stuff that we can explore in the meantime. At the end of the day, I think everyone, hopeful or upset, is a true fan, and we all just want this to work itself out somehow.

Comment

That's me. =)

No no I wasn't upset or offended. I was trying to explain why people are reacting the way that they are and why people are leaving the Nancy Drew games and whatnot. You're fine. No worries :D

Comment

• On the blog someone asked: Does that mean MID will not come out until 2018 🙁

LJ replied: It could be any year, but it hasn’t been shared yet.

Also I saw online that Cathy Roiter, who is the lead game designer, is no longer working at HeR, so she will not be overseeing MID any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                              This sounds like MID is Half-Life 3 or something

Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                              Also I saw online that Cathy Roiter, who is the lead game designer, is no longer working at HeR, so she will not be overseeing MID any more.
                              Well jeez, this is sad news. I was a little curious about why Cathy alone was kept on, but that wasn't a bad thing; I was happy to know that at least one familiar person was still at the company. Too bad everyone is gone now I hope she does well in the future.
                              neverending song
                              2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
                              So far from me too is your home
                              to which I can never find my way
                              your fairy tale...

Comment

• Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                                On the blog someone asked: Does that mean MID will not come out until 2018 🙁

Yikes @ Cathy not working at HER anymore. I believe her and her sister were the last two from the old team still there.

Comment

Working...
                                X