No announcement yet.

MID Discussion, Release Date, Unity Etc Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm concerned because she was the game designer and oversaw the creation of the games, so... yeah.
    Last edited by Sr.D; December 10, 2016, 10:24 AM. Reason: removed deleted off-topic quote

Comment

• Call me crazy, but I also have faith in the company. HeR haven't let us down yet with their games. I'm busy exploring the other games until MID comes out, and I'm enjoying the streams they are releasing.

Regardless of when MID comes out, I'm confident it will be an incredible game and I can't wait to see what new features they have in store for us!
      "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

Comment

• ....... MID is going to be a total disaster (if it's ever even give a release date) if it keeps going at the rate this game is going.

I hope you get the hint that this post is about the game called Midnight in Salem, which has no release date in sight and has just been an imaginary toy to string along your dedicated fans.

But don't worry about having to delete my innocent posts anymore. I won't be buying MID for real. I was going to wait for reviews on the new game and if they were positive, I was going to go ahead and buy MID despite everything. But naaaaah.

........, I will happily not buy MID and stop obsessively checking for updates.

Enjoy!!! :) <3 Sending love!
        Last edited by Sr.D; December 10, 2016, 05:47 PM. Reason: Rude and off topic remarks deleted

Comment

• I'm so excited about the Unity switch HeR had made for MID I'm sure its going to be fantastic.. I'm sure HeR will share new information about MID when they can. In the meantime we can play C&C while we wait for MID.

Comment

• Notice

Originally posted by Sr.D View Post
            Unfortunately, again, some members need reminding to stay on topic.

The last thread on this topic was closed down because members continued to post off-topic posts.

This is what is considered off-topic and cannot be posted about here:

Do Not Post about Her Interactive in general.
            That means no discussion about the CEO,
            no discussion about the direction of the company,
            no discussion about the CEO's qualifications - or other staff members qualifications - or not,
            no discussion of whether you approve/disapprove, like/dislike the CEO's decisions,
            no discussion of whether you approve/disapprove, like/dislike the company direction in long posts, with just a mention of MID.

If you want to talk about those things - contact HerInteractive directly.

The Board you are on is "Game Rumours", not HerInteractive rumors or HerInteractive speculation.

This thread is about MID game rumours - the location, characters, their possible interactions, the Unity platform, game content, Nancy's role, which friends will be with her or help out in other ways.

Also, as Moderator veja has said before, if "the company chooses to post about [MID]on the Blogs and Tweets board, [it]can be discussed there but...do not move over to [this thread or]other threads on other boards. Theses boards are for discussing the Nancy Drew games - not Her Interactive in general."
            Please respect the forums. Thanks.

Comment

• Thank you for the reminder Sr.D! I just want to post here about whatever happens, I hope Midnight in Salem would be the greatest game HeR will ever make! I just realized from the title, the thread should be chatting about the game itself, not HeR Interactive.

I know we haven't had an update for about a year and SEA only came out almost two years ago but like I said, I hope MID will still be great! I may have thought/said that before but I think games are getting better (even though I like some older games more than some newer games).

Anyway, I think we should talk about the characters, what do we look forward to with the new engine, or time of day we think it would be. I need to get to making a game in Unity sometime to see what's it all about.

I think Midnight in Salem will take place in October, because the preview looked like it would be in the Fall, pumpkins, and I just remembered the plot (which I haven't read in awhile) saying something happened on October 31 so I'm thinking the game will be on Halloween night. Also, I'm hoping for an even more spookier than Ghost of Thornton Hall and other scary games.

I didn't really want to post but since a reminder Sr.D posted about how this is a Game Rumors, I thought I can only talk what I think about MID.
              ~ MD12 ~

Comment

• Originally posted by mdetective12 View Post
                Thank you for the reminder Sr.D! I just want to post here about whatever happens, I hope Midnight in Salem would be the greatest game HeR will ever make! I just realized from the title, the thread should be chatting about the game itself, not HeR Interactive.

I know we haven't had an update for about a year and SEA only came out almost two years ago but like I said, I hope MID will still be great! I may have thought/said that before but I think games are getting better (even though I like some older games more than some newer games).

Anyway, I think we should talk about the characters, what do we look forward to with the new engine, or time of day we think it would be. I need to get to making a game in Unity sometime to see what's it all about.

I think Midnight in Salem will take place in October, because the preview looked like it would be in the Fall, pumpkins, and I just remembered the plot (which I haven't read in awhile) saying something happened on October 31 so I'm thinking the game will be on Halloween night. Also, I'm hoping for an even more spookier than Ghost of Thornton Hall and other scary games.

I didn't really want to post but since a reminder Sr.D posted about how this is a Game Rumors, I thought I can only talk what I think about MID.
                I think the reason it gets "off topic" is because we really have no information or updates so there's nothing really to talk about regarding MID

Comment

• I'm hoping MID has a lot of Replay value, I'd like HeR to expand on multiple endings in Particular like for example if Nancy has a choice of letting the culprit go. Perhaps Nancy could sympathize with the culprit.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdetective12 View Post

Everything that has been released about MID has already been discussed. Why the heck are we still even mentioning that we should talk about these things? There's literally nothing left to discuss. Honestly, this has been a wake up call. I haven't had the time or the desire to check these boards lately, and it's actually pretty nice. I think I'm done with ND. Even if there was new info to discuss, ......... and it's all so pointless since HeR clearly doesn't care about MID. I'm done with the series and these boards honestly. It's been a fun ride y'all, .....................
                    Last edited by Sr.D; December 12, 2016, 07:03 PM. Reason: Rude and unkind words removed
                    To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                    Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

• If MID is released, I'd also like to see some really nice environments. You know, a lot of these walking simulators have absolutely gorgeous environments. Like, some truly amazing game experiences. I feel like you could really use that kind of environment detail to make a game super spooky and chilling, if that's the intended effect. I think it could be really cool. It's not that the previous games had poo environments -- some of them were really stunning! But having seen some of these unity games and their environments, I think there is a potential for awesome scenery.

Comment

• I really wish we knew who was involved in developing MID. Now that the last member of the old team is gone, there's really no way of knowing how the game is going to turn out. If we knew who some of the artists or designers were, we could try to find some of their prior work and talk about how their aesthetics might affect the game style. This is definitely one thing that's crippling discussion of MID...I can never think of anything more than vague "I hope" comments because I don't have enough knowledge to theorize further.
                        neverending song
                        2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
                        So far from me too is your home
                        to which I can never find my way
                        your fairy tale...

Comment

• Plot Speculation

Nancy discovers that the villain needed to change the image and public perception of Salem to draw in a younger
                          demographic of vacationers who will become loyal to the town's new type of witchcraft tourism that has a lot in common with Barbie. Seeking that audience, a "vile ghostly woman" uses Danforth's young son Jason as a guinea pig, locking him in a room and subjecting him to hours of dull info-mercials about Salem billed as educational tools but actually little more than smug, tedious hidden object screens. Our well intentioned villain believes that offering a quality destination which requires the traveler to use her brains is obsolete and results in a self-limiting, aging audience, which will in turn doom Salem to an obscure market niche. Mystery is created because our culprit cannot reveal her scheme without alienating the old school tourists who keep Salem's witch industry afloat during the transition period.
                          Last edited by shepherd1; December 13, 2016, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• ^^^ best sleuthing ever, I believe the case has been cracked

Comment

• Originally posted by shepherd1 View Post
                              Nancy discovers that the villain needed to change the image and public perception of Salem to draw in a younger demographic of vacationers who will become loyal to the town's new type of witchcraft tourism that has a lot in common with Barbie. Seeking that audience, a "vile ghostly woman" uses Danforth's young son Jason as a guinea pig, locking him in a room and subjecting him to hours of dull info-mercials about Salem billed as educational tools but actually little more than smug, tedious hidden object screens. Our well intentioned villain believes that offering a quality destination which requires the traveler to use her brains is obsolete and results in a self-limiting, aging audience, will in turn doom Salem to an obscure market niche. Mystery is created because our culprit cannot reveal her scheme without alienating the old school tourists who keep Salem's witch industry afloat during the transition period.
                              Genius. Best plot speculation yet. You're on to something there.

Comment

• Chapeaux bas, shepherd1! Now this is something we can talk about

Comment

Working...
                                X