MID Discussion, Release Date, Unity Etc Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nancycluedrew View Post
    amen. The lack of transparency is the most annoying aspect of this. If her would just tell us what's going on.....
    ,,,,,,,,, I'm not sure what good they think will come out of staying silent. After browsing this thread a little, I saw so many people saying that they're going to stay off the boards and will stop checking for updates so they won't get their hopes up. I'm incredibly confused with HER; they're losing a lot of fans and support over their lack of communication and updates. ........ Kind of ironic really. MID was supposed to be such a big deal, but it's one of the big factors causing HER to go down the tubes...
    Last edited by Sr.D; January 22, 2017, 04:27 PM. Reason: off-topic info removed - Sr.D

.ally.

Comment

But at this point, after all this time has gone by, I've seen the Facebook commentary on MID turn more and more...well, vitriolic in a sense, and in my opinion with good reason. There are still folks who are eager and excited and either don't know about all of this stuff or are choosing to ignore it, but they've become few and far between. So what I'm trying to say is, if my theory was actually right somehow and Her was trying to let the fans virally market MID, they've pretty much failed. Unless they're counting on all the angry fans buying the game just to see how bad it is or something (and if I wanted to do that, I would just watch gameplay on Youtube), there doesn't seem much of a way for what's become essentially bad publicity to hype up the game and make it more popular than it would have been if released on the normal schedule.
      Last edited by Sr.D; January 22, 2017, 04:36 PM. Reason: off-topic info removed - Sr.D
      neverending song
      2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
      So far from me too is your home
      to which I can never find my way
      your fairy tale...

Comment

• Hey, take a look at this, http://www.herinteractive.com/2015/0...-sassy-people/

Looks like HeR did start working on MID in around March 2015... I just thought this is interesting because it's almost 2017 and the game hadn't come out yet...

What are you doing HeR Interactive??? I don't want to rush but like I said before, I'll be happy whenever it comes out and I will play when I get the chance.
        ~ MD12 ~

Comment

• Originally posted by tsukiakari View Post

But at this point, after all this time has gone by, I've seen the Facebook commentary on MID turn more and more...well, vitriolic in a sense, and in my opinion with good reason. There are still folks who are eager and excited and either don't know about all of this stuff or are choosing to ignore it, but they've become few and far between. ....... Unless they're counting on all the angry fans buying the game just to see how bad it is or something (and if I wanted to do that, I would just watch gameplay on Youtube), there doesn't seem much of a way for what's become essentially bad publicity to hype up the game and make it more popular than it would have been if released on the normal schedule.
          If they'd released the game even six months ago, that theory may have worked... . .....

I used to think that I was a die-hard fan and would buy ANY ND game they put out, but as an adult with expenses I am more careful about my budgeting now. I was a die-hard Sims fan too, but even with Sims 4 being sold for 65% off I'm not willing to buy because the game just doesn't look good. I hate to say it, but I'm not planning on blindly buying MID either, in fact, I probably won't preorder and will just wait to see what it's like via YouTube - something I have NEVER done and never thought possible for me.
          Last edited by Sr.D; January 22, 2017, 04:46 PM. Reason: off-topic info removed - Sr.D

I took you by the hand and we stood tall
          And remembered our own land, what we lived for...

..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
          ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
          ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
          ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
          ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

Comment

• Originally posted by Poppy Drew View Post
            I used to think that I was a die-hard fan and would buy ANY ND game they put out, but as an adult with expenses I am more careful about my budgeting now. I was a die-hard Sims fan too, but even with Sims 4 being sold for 65% off I'm not willing to buy because the game just doesn't look good. I hate to say it, but I'm not planning on blindly buying MID either, in fact, I probably won't preorder and will just wait to see what it's like via YouTube - something I have NEVER done and never thought possible for me.
            I feel the same. I'm not totally big on witches but I do love a good mystery! Whenever a new game comes out, sometimes I see a certain someone upload a video playthrough online before I get to play the game so sometimes I watch a little bit and play a little bit but mostly I play or complete a game before I could watch the playthrough.

I think this time, I may watch the MID playthrough if this person can play first and see if I want to play which, I think I might if it comes from HeR and if I have money to buy it. Right now, I'm kind of on the fence and the other game that had something to do with something I'm not a whole big fan of but I liked it because of the passageways and characters though It's not on my top favorites.
            ~ MD12 ~

Comment

• Originally posted by mdetective12 View Post
              Hey, take a look at this, http://www.herinteractive.com/2015/0...-sassy-people/

Looks like HeR did start working on MID in around March 2015... I just thought this is interesting because it's almost 2017 and the game hadn't come out yet...

What are you doing HeR Interactive??? I don't want to rush but like I said before, I'll be happy whenever it comes out and I will play when I get the chance.
              her implied they stopped working on MID to focus on Codes & Clues.

Comment

• Just based on the rumors outside of this message board, it doesn't sound like they've been doing anything with MID. Of course everything is speculation but if HeR can't show us anything then how are we supposed to believe anything has been done?
                Last edited by Sr.D; January 22, 2017, 05:27 PM. Reason: removed off-topic quote that was deleted

Comment

• March 12th, 2015
                  Today’s in-the-office news: We have just begun our introductory meeting for ND#33. We got the overview, characters, story, themes, locations, environments and more from our design team here, and I do believe the artists have already started their research for picture inspiration. Our Character designer has already started on the characters’ looks!

On my end of things, I finished the puzzle portion of the strategy guide today — a day early. Whoo! Next week I begin the character bios (the written portion) and some video capture for the trailer.

So LJ writes the character bios? And I'm guessing the second paragraph is talking about SEA and not MID . . .
                  Last edited by Punchy; December 26, 2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• First off, sorry if this is in the wrong board.
                    First of all. WOW! I haven't been on here in a long time. And coming back here to look at things, wow. I can say I'm shocked. Last time I was on here everyone had hope for MID, and that it would be alright even though Lani wasn't gonna be Nancy's voice and that they'd get use to it. And some people were playing Codes and Clues to see how it was.

I'm not saying I'm still with Her at this point, sadly I pretty much left them after what happened with SEA. But I still had some hope that MID would be better, so I came to see if anything was new on here after a long time, and wow have I be updated on a lot!

Honestly, I was really hoping to see a good change and that things were starting to be okay again, I knew better but I was hoping.

A lot of fans have started or already lost hope with MID. I myself have lost most hope for MID. For Nancy Drew in general really. I still might check up and see what happens after it finally comes out (if it does) Even if I don't buy it I might go on youtube and watch a playthrough, just to see how the game is (and if I'd get sick from it after so long...)

MID has a good story, and I was excited they had character bios. But I feel like this is gonna be the end for Her for me. Especially since all that's gone on with the company, Lani, SEA, etc. I'm sad to see Nancy Drew go, but at the same time I CAN let her go. I will still play the old games, like when Lani voiced her and stuff. But if this is where Her is going then it's not gonna be overly hard to let go. I don't wanna support a company who is pretty much "heartless." This isn't the Her Interactive I remember.

Now, I'm not saying that everyone has left Her completely, but most if not everyone isn't every pleased with all that's been happening. I'm not bashing anyone who still has hope for Her. But honestly, I think they only got the page for MID up just to give us something so we could hopefully be on that for a bit and we'd clam down for a while on everything else.
                    ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
                    (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
                    .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
                    ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
                    ..( ..)
                    c('')('')

Comment

• Originally posted by tsukiakari
                      We're not 100% sure of this, right...? "No info being shared" ≠ "no work being done" in my mind, at least.
                      There are rumours in other parts of the internet that her hasn't done anything on MID since 2015. They are just rumours though, no truth just yet. I think we will have to wait and see what happens in the new year, if her starts talking about MID again and talking about getting it out at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by nancycluedrew View Post
                        There are rumours in other parts of the internet that her hasn't done anything on MID since 2015. They are just rumours though, no truth just yet. I think we will have to wait and see what happens in the new year, if her starts talking about MID again and talking about getting it out at some point.
                        Yes I, read it, too.

I think we just need to trust in her and hope that all we be well.
                        Last edited by paperstreet; December 27, 2016, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                          Yes I, read it, too.

I think we just need to trust in her and hope that all we be well.
                          What has HER done over the past 18 months to prove that they deserve our trust and support?

Comment

• Originally posted by gozags927 View Post
                            What has HER done over the past 18 months to prove that they deserve our trust and support?
                            Nothing, but it's not like we have much of a choice. HeR is going to do what they want with regards to MID and any future products. They've demonstrated again and again that they're going to stay the course regardless of any fan outrage, so that leaves us with two options: 1) jump ship and give up on HeR, or 2) accept what HeR's doing and hope for the best.

I'm not saying you have to approve of what the company is doing; I certainly don't. But it's kind of at the point where you either have to say 'No, I'm done, I'm giving up on MID/ND as a whole' or 'I don't like it, but I'm going to wait and see if the company turns around.' For my part, I'm choosing the latter and plan to tentatively check in a few times in the new year to see if HeR is doing anything to regain my trust. If MID doesn't come out in 2017 at all, I'll be moving on completely.
                            a . broken . heart . to . lie . forever
                            ¸·*¨¯¨*·¸...under tattered sails and 'neath ..¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
                            ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸(.....`·-·`...............a . blackened . sky ..............`·-·`.....)¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
                            `·-·`.......` · . ¸ _)¯¨ * · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ , . · * ¨¯(_ ¸ . · `.......`·-·`

Currently playing: Danger on Deception Island
                            Currently reading: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin...(Plus college textbooks. Noooo!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hermes View Post

......... After browsing this thread a little, I saw so many people saying that they're going to stay off the boards and will stop checking for updates so they won't get their hopes up. I'm incredibly confused with HER; they're losing a lot of fans and support over their lack of communication and updates. ...... Kind of ironic really. MID was supposed to be such a big deal, but it's one of the big factors causing HER to go down the tubes...
                              I have to agree with most of the posts here. It's the lack of knowledge that's driving us crazy - keeping us loyal fans updated would be appreciated. I've been a fan of ND games for around 13 years, and this is the first time that we've been so confused about a new release. It also would have been nice for the game to have come out around Halloween since it's a spooky game, and it would have been a great Christmas present for many people as well, but HeR missed that shot. I'm not completely giving up yet, simply because I've been a fan for so long and not too many of their games have really disappointed me, otherwise I would have stopped playing long ago. SEA was an amazing game and I had high hopes for MID, I'm just hoping we hear an update soon. If we don't hear anything in 2017, I'll be extremely frustrated and might have to give up at that point.
                              Last edited by Sr.D; January 23, 2017, 02:25 AM. Reason: removed part of off-topic quote that was deleted
                              xoxo, Lauren

Comment

• I have heard of games taking a long time to make before, I think I heard of one taking like five or so years to make...Or something like that. but I'm sure they give updates once in a while for the fans of that game. (Don't quote me on that though cause Nancy Drew is like the only thing I really play, so I wouldn't totally know.)
                                But this is nuts. Especially since the only thing we've gotten is the MID page.I don't want just the page. I want the actual trailer. The game! It might just be me, but didn't the trailer come out before they even put the page up for the next game? Might be wrong on that but I kinda feel like I always saw the trailer on like You Tube before the page even went up for the newest games...I know we all really want the game to come out, but I kinda think the no updates it whats really making everyone nuts right now. Honestly, if we had a date that it would come out, or even a maybe date or when it would most likely come out, even if it wouldn't be until later next year maybe, (not saying it will, but if it did) everyone would start to be okay a little. Even if they gave us some more updates about the game. Even little ones we could discuss and guess about, we'd then have something. But we don't have much to really talk and guess about since we have no updates...The only thing we got is talking about how much we want it to come out, how much we're losing hope, etc. I too have been losing hope for MID more and more. But sadly we just have to wait it out and see what happens this coming year.
                                ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
                                (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
                                .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
                                ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
                                ..( ..)
                                c('')('')

Comment

Working...
                                X