No announcement yet.

MID Discussion, Release Date, Unity Etc Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe they are working on super top secret thing that only the people inside of HeR knows... It could be something new but aren't sure if it's possible yet like I've heard things from other media (television, movie, games, etc) but sometimes their plans don't always work out the way they wanted to.

I think HeR may be working on something and they're afraid to say it in case it's going on a shelf like Ships of Shadow, Silent Spy for the iPad, and other games HeR had planned on releasing.

In the summer of 2016, they re-released STFD and I don't think they said they were going to do that beforehand until the actual day and they gave out the information on how to download and install Stay Tuned for Danger on newer computers.

So, it could be a surprise. "Hey guys! Guess what? MID is coming closer than we have ever thought! It was harder than we thought but we finally made it!" or something like that would be cool but it's not much of a surprise if you know what the surprise is...

~ MD12 ~

Comment

• Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
      This is interesting wording from the HeR blog:

are you guys still making MID because it is taking so long

MID is still in our plans.

"still in our plans" ???
      I have plans to retire someday, too. It may not ever be possible, but I have plans...

Comment

• Originally posted by mdetective12 View Post
        Maybe they are working on super top secret thing that only the people inside of HeR knows... It could be something new but aren't sure if it's possible yet like I've heard things from other media (television, movie, games, etc) but sometimes their plans don't always work out the way they wanted to.

I think HeR may be working on something and they're afraid to say it in case it's going on a shelf like Ships of Shadow, Silent Spy for the iPad, and other games HeR had planned on releasing.

In the summer of 2016, they re-released STFD and I don't think they said they were going to do that beforehand until the actual day and they gave out the information on how to download and install Stay Tuned for Danger on newer computers.

So, it could be a surprise. "Hey guys! Guess what? MID is coming closer than we have ever thought! It was harder than we thought but we finally made it!" or something like that would be cool but it's not much of a surprise if you know what the surprise is...

They didn't really re-release STFD though? They just made it so we can buy it. All they did was post a video telling people how to install it. They confirmed they made no changes to the game whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdetective12 View Post
          Maybe they are working on super top secret thing that only the people inside of HeR knows... It could be something new but aren't sure if it's possible yet like I've heard things from other media (television, movie, games, etc) but sometimes their plans don't always work out the way they wanted to.

Codes & Clues 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
            Codes & Clues 2?
            I hope, with every fiber of my being, that they realize that focusing on and releasing another Codes & Clues would serve no other purpose than alienating their current (weakening) fanbase. It would be a terrible mistake on the part of the company. I don't know if they could recover from something like that.
            Fight the power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.E View Post
              I hope, with every fiber of my being, that they realize that focusing on and releasing another Codes & Clues would serve no other purpose than alienating their current (weakening) fanbase. It would be a terrible mistake on the part of the company. I don't know if they could recover from something like that.
              That to me would be a very curious thing. Google Play's store, which C&C is released on, shows the general stats of how many people have bought a game, etc. C&C as it stands only has 1,000 downloads. Unless there is an absolutely MASSIVE fanbase exclusive to Apple devices, that simply isn't bringing in the kind of revenue they need to keep the company afloat.

~Ari
              Proud Member of the CRE Easter Egg Clue Crew!
              Along with Royal Payne, disneygirl12, Ndfan1234, mdetective12, secretariat, highondrew and Vanilla Muffin!

~Ari

Comment

• Whatever they have been working that has generated so much silence over the last year, I really hope it's something like a demo of MID, or at least some introduction to MID. They haven't made demos of their games for such a long time, and it would be a great way for the fans to figure out if they want to buy the game or not.

Whatever, the case may be, I hope the update comes really soon. Like, sometime-this-year soon.
                "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

Comment

• i agree, they haven't said anything. all on the page is characters and 1 screenshot, and everytime some one ask little jacklope or go on their facebook nothing. i hope they haven't stop working on it, i do not know it is being work on.

Comment

• I've never run a company, but if they're working on other things, it wouldn't surprise me if "other things" was selling/closing the company. I have no idea how long those things take but never in my n years of Nancy Drew playing has anything like this nonsense happen. I remember when we went from teal to maroon boards, when the menus in the game changed, but this is not just trivial stuff. This is a struggling, let's be honest, almost dead company. None of the old staff is still around, no new games, no updates, and nobody on these boards. The company isn't dying... it's already dead.
                    I became insane
                    With long intervals
                    of terrible
                    Sanity
                    - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss.Moonhart View Post
                      I've never run a company, but if they're working on other things, it wouldn't surprise me if "other things" was selling/closing the company. I have no idea how long those things take but never in my n years of Nancy Drew playing has anything like this nonsense happen. I remember when we went from teal to maroon boards, when the menus in the game changed, but this is not just trivial stuff. This is a struggling, let's be honest, almost dead company. None of the old staff is still around, no new games, no updates, and nobody on these boards. The company isn't dying... it's already dead.
                      Your last few lines really sum it up. Even people who were interested in the games, wondering what's happened, seemed to have gone from the boards. There's only a few of us still hanging about

Comment

• Yeah, we moved to other mediums that allow free speech for a change.
                        For example, all of my posts were deleted for unspecified reason so

Comment

• If you haven't checked out the Amateur Sleuth blog recently, LJ, when asked if MID was HeR's top priority, could not confirm that it was. They are probably then also working on Codes and Clues 2 or some other mobile app for kids. I think the entire fanbase needs to move on, permanently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tedbear2 View Post
                            If you haven't checked out the Amateur Sleuth blog recently, LJ, when asked if MID was HeR's top priority, could not confirm that it was. They are probably then also working on Codes and Clues 2 or some other mobile app for kids. I think the entire fanbase needs to move on, permanently.
                            Considering in one of the letters from last year they said C&C was their top priority and now they can't confirm if MID is.... doesn't look good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tedbear2 View Post
                              If you haven't checked out the Amateur Sleuth blog recently, LJ, when asked if MID was HeR's top priority, could not confirm that it was. They are probably then also working on Codes and Clues 2 or some other mobile app for kids. I think the entire fanbase needs to move on, permanently.
                              Good grief. If there's a second C&C coming, I would be very disappointed. Their audience is mostly women. Mostly adults. Not interested in a mobile game for kids. I don't understand it. They have a great audience who loves these games, are loyal to these games, and they're just ignoring that.

Comment

• Originally posted by nancycluedrew View Post
                                Good grief. If there's a second C&C coming, I would be very disappointed. Their audience is mostly women. Mostly adults. Not interested in a mobile game for kids. I don't understand it. They have a great audience who loves these games, are loyal to these games, and they're just ignoring that.
                                im with u . it's been almost two years seens Sea of Darkness and the trailer for midnight and we still dont know anything about midnight
                                Last edited by HeroOrGod; March 18, 2017, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X