Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MID Discussion, Release Date, Unity Etc Part 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • some of the players on the forum. and no one is replaying their games while waiting for the new game, i am on ven with the stakeout,hau with eagle eye award 2nd egg, shearing sheep, ran with beach dig, wac with picture taking, and i am the only one doing 1-32, no one else.
    Last edited by over 40; September 2, 2017, 07:18 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by over 40 View Post
      some of the players on the forum. and no one is replaying their games while waiting for the new game, i am on ven with the stakeout,hau with eagle eye award 2nd egg, shearing sheep, ran with beach dig, wac with picture taking, and i am the only one doing 1-32, no one else.
      That sounds fun! I wish that I could re-arrange time and find some for replaying ND games. Have fun! :)
      The world is divided into two nations:
      those with teddy bears, those without.
      Each thinks the other is odd.
      Jenny De Vries.

      (so... umm... how do we feel about ND and Mr. Woogle Wogle?)

      Comment


      • i am and the mods are helping us when get stuck.

        Comment


        • A little off topic, but is anyone planning on playing HER's new game, Odyssey? Part of me wants to, just because the graphics sort of remind me of Nancy Drew, and because I miss those games so much. The other part of me just isn't sure....I'm also very surprised they aren't really advertising this game. It isn't on the main page (like announcements of new Nancy Drew games used to be) unless you scroll like 3 or 4 advertisements in. There also doesn't seem to be much activity on Odyssey's help/review page. I guess I'm just confused as to why they haven't put it out there or hyped it up more. You would think the more hype, the more sales increase.

          Anywho, it does look pretty intruging...I'm just afraid that I love the ND games so much, that I'm going to be sorely disappointed by this game. Might still give it a shot though. Seems weird we (at least I haven't) heard anything about it up to this point, but they're releasing another game before MID. Makes you wonder if their focus really is on continuing the ND series or starting anew.

          I hope none of this comes across negatively, as none of it is meant to be. Just some of my musings

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AlmostLovedYou View Post
            A little off topic, but is anyone planning on playing HER's new game, Odyssey? Part of me wants to, just because the graphics sort of remind me of Nancy Drew, and because I miss those games so much. The other part of me just isn't sure....I'm also very surprised they aren't really advertising this game. It isn't on the main page (like announcements of new Nancy Drew games used to be) unless you scroll like 3 or 4 advertisements in. There also doesn't seem to be much activity on Odyssey's help/review page. I guess I'm just confused as to why they haven't put it out there or hyped it up more. You would think the more hype, the more sales increase.

            Anywho, it does look pretty intruging...I'm just afraid that I love the ND games so much, that I'm going to be sorely disappointed by this game. Might still give it a shot though. Seems weird we (at least I haven't) heard anything about it up to this point, but they're releasing another game before MID. Makes you wonder if their focus really is on continuing the ND series or starting anew.

            I hope none of this comes across negatively, as none of it is meant to be. Just some of my musings
            I bought it, played it and completed it. I enjoyed it for the most part. Graphics wise it is similar to ND so I enjoyed that part. It definitely has it's pros and cons. I wouldn't say I regret buying it though.
            •*¨¯¨*•¸THE GHOST OF THORNTON HALL¸•*¨¯¨*•
            ´`´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´*•*•*•*`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸ ,.•´`´`
            SOME FAMILIES KEEP
            `•.,¸_¸,.•´DEADLY SECRETS`•.,¸_¸,.•´
            MAY 14TH, 2013
            `•.,¸_¸,.•´

            Arizona Shadows: A SHA AE

            Comment


            • Originally posted by AlmostLovedYou View Post
              A little off topic, but is anyone planning on playing HER's new game, Odyssey? Part of me wants to, just because the graphics sort of remind me of Nancy Drew, and because I miss those games so much. The other part of me just isn't sure....I'm also very surprised they aren't really advertising this game. It isn't on the main page (like announcements of new Nancy Drew games used to be) unless you scroll like 3 or 4 advertisements in. There also doesn't seem to be much activity on Odyssey's help/review page. I guess I'm just confused as to why they haven't put it out there or hyped it up more. You would think the more hype, the more sales increase.

              Anywho, it does look pretty intruging...I'm just afraid that I love the ND games so much, that I'm going to be sorely disappointed by this game. Might still give it a shot though. Seems weird we (at least I haven't) heard anything about it up to this point, but they're releasing another game before MID. Makes you wonder if their focus really is on continuing the ND series or starting anew.

              I hope none of this comes across negatively, as none of it is meant to be. Just some of my musings
              Just so you know, Odyssey isn't really Her's game at all. A different company developed it. That company is also selling the game on Steam, but Her made a deal with them to distribute it on the Her website. Little Jackalope has confirmed that the production of Odyssey didn't affect the production of MID whatsoever.

              The way I see it, Her is beginning to lean towards being "the leading distributor of educational STEM games for girls" or something along those lines. I wouldn't be surprised if they start distributing some other games in the future, before MID is released, if MID is released. But that's all speculation, of course

              Anyway, I haven't played Odyssey myself. Some of the feedback, particularly about the educational elements, gives me pause. I like the ND games because they're adventure mysteries first and foremost, with educational highlights; it seems like Odyssey is sort of the opposite, which I know is fine for many players, but not really for me!
              neverending song
              2008-2018

              So far from me walks your dear self
              So far from me too is your home
              to which I can never find my way
              your fairy tale...

              Comment


              • I appreciate the feedback! I think I'll give it a try once work slows down a little bit and I have some extra time. At the very least, it does look like it would be entertaining.

                I didn't know that a different company developed it, thanks! That makes a little more sense. I like that they aim towards game for girls, and I've always loved the education that comes from the ND games. It wasn't like homework, it was fun and enjoyable and you just learned little things along the way. I do hope MID becomes a thing, as the whole Salem witch aspect is really intriguing. But in any event, I hope that they do continue making whatever games so that when I have children, they can enjoy them same as I have growing up. They really are a great company. Sad that the lack of progress on MID has come to overshadow that

                Comment


                • When it comes to MID, the way I see it, the information will come out when they are ready for it to do so. I can't imagine what it's like for the marketing team at the moment, trying to do their jobs, fielding angry messages from fans and trying to find out what news there is about the game.

                  I too love the educational aspect of the games. They put so much effort into their research before they make each game and it really shows when you play the game. I appreciate that not everyone likes that part of the games, but it's cool anyway.

                  Considering they started the research for MID in May 2015, I can't wait to see what they come up with.
                  "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by secretsleuth89 View Post
                    Considering they started the research for MID in May 2015, I can't wait to see what they come up with.
                    A: Sorry but the series is over and I can't believe that in September 2017 people are still holding onto hope

                    B: They started making the games long before the previous ones would come out. The normal schedule, had it continued, would have released MID in October 2015. They don't make the games in five months. They did the research for it in 2014, and the team that did it is long gone.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by phoenix star View Post
                      A: Sorry but the series is over and I can't believe that in September 2017 people are still holding onto hope.
                      The series is not over. If you're so sure it is, why come onto this thread? Given your stated conviction and past posts, your only purpose seems to be to step on people and crush all hope and positivity.
                      Unless HeR tells us that MID is cancelled and the series is over, which is the complete opposite of what they routinely say, then there are people, including myself, who trust that MID will be finished, and will be awesome. I don't see what anybody can possibly gain from ridiculing and belittling us for that.

                      Edit: Oh, and since, as you pointed out, research for MID would've started way earlier than May 2015, then the historical and educational details in the game could be even more in-depth. So by nitpicking and correcting another user, you actually enforced the point that secretsleuth89 was making.
                      Last edited by emikat80; September 17, 2017, 05:10 PM.
                      Listen, my child, to this story of dreams,
                      And know that the beginning is more difficult than it seems.
                      When the ten daughters are reunited in order,
                      When the four-sided box loses its border,
                      When the eye of the phoenix is in your hand,
                      When the bird of fire can see again,
                      When the moon sleeps and the sun plays,
                      The king of the sky will shine his rays,
                      And hidden beneath a river of colors
                      Will lie a gate to golden wonders.


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by emikat80 View Post
                        The series is not over. If you're so sure it is, why come onto this thread? Given your stated conviction and past posts, your only purpose seems to be to step on people and crush all hope and positivity.
                        Unless HeR tells us that MID is cancelled and the series is over, which is the complete opposite of what they routinely say, then there are people, including myself, who trust that MID will be finished, and will be awesome. I don't see what anybody can possibly gain from ridiculing and belittling us for that.

                        Edit: Oh, and since, as you pointed out, research for MID would've started way earlier than May 2015, then the historical and educational details in the game could be even more in-depth. So by nitpicking and correcting another user, you actually enforced the point that secretsleuth89 was making.
                        Thank you for your support. :)
                        "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by phoenix star View Post
                          A: Sorry but the series is over and I can't believe that in September 2017 people are still holding onto hope

                          B: They started making the games long before the previous ones would come out. The normal schedule, had it continued, would have released MID in October 2015. They don't make the games in five months. They did the research for it in 2014, and the team that did it is long gone.
                          Truly. HerInteractive is defunct and the company we used to know and love is gone. They aren't going to produce the content we were used to. They might support other games, like the one by that other company or apps like Codes & Clues, but not the regular series games we love.
                          I became insane
                          With long intervals
                          of terrible
                          Sanity
                          - Edgar Allan Poe

                          Comment


                          • I'm not personally going to come out and say that I totally believe the main series has ended, but I'm not really expecting anything anymore. Earlier (well, around a year ago now) I was going to somewhat hesitantly look into buying MID upon release, but now if it gets released I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. I most likely won't even watch any videos of it. It's not even about quality or lack thereof anymore - I just don't want to play through the product of this whole debacle

                            On a similar note, I noticed a remark from Her on their Facebook page the other day. Someone commented with the popular opinion that the series has ended, and Her responded by quoting their own words back at them
                            the series is not "done for".
                            Thanks.
                            Makes me wonder why they're basically silent about said series most of the time
                            neverending song
                            2008-2018

                            So far from me walks your dear self
                            So far from me too is your home
                            to which I can never find my way
                            your fairy tale...

                            Comment


                            • you can not buy it, but i will, that is what i am waiting to preorder to mid.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tsukiakari View Post
                                I'm not personally going to come out and say that I totally believe the main series has ended, but I'm not really expecting anything anymore. Earlier (well, around a year ago now) I was going to somewhat hesitantly look into buying MID upon release, but now if it gets released I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. I most likely won't even watch any videos of it. It's not even about quality or lack thereof anymore - I just don't want to play through the product of this whole debacle

                                On a similar note, I noticed a remark from Her on their Facebook page the other day. Someone commented with the popular opinion that the series has ended, and Her responded by quoting their own words back at them

                                Makes me wonder why they're basically silent about said series most of the time
                                The sad thing is, I want to play the game so very badly.

                                ...but I don't think I'll be buying it either. Unless HeR changes their treatment toward their fans and makes a show of good faith that they're not just going to do this all again with whatever comes after MID (IF anything comes after MID) I'm just not really seeing the point in supporting a company that doesn't really seem to care about its base. Especially not if I have to go through the massive cycle of disappointment all over again.
                                .

                                I took you by the hand and we stood tall
                                And remembered our own land, what we lived for...


                                ..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
                                ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
                                ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
                                ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
                                ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X