Amazed people still come here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazed people still come here

So I've been a ND fan for a long time, but the lack of new material has really taken it's toll on me.
    Not launching a game for 2 years is too long, given the average 2 games a year HI got fans used to.
    I understand the change to new engine, but it should have been more planned. Maybe the process taking a bit longer, but keep working in games in old engine. Even with fewer launches, but some launches!
    And today I remembered ND games, and that by now for sure there will be news, maybe even a new game soon, so I came to the webpage and I read the note saying next game will launch... spring... 2019???
    Fans will be without a new game for 4 years? With the old HI, that would be 8 new games...
    I am so surprised people still come to the forum, still show hope, and enthusiasm... I had to create a new account because I had no idea what my old user was!
    Props to hardcore fans that are still here, that are still excited.
    I guess I'm not one of them.
    I've been moving on to other games, other developers, and with the news I read today, I guess that when the game finally launches I will probably not even remember I used to like ND games.

Yeah, I joined in 2011 and I got so used to coming on here every day and discuss favorite games and if anyone found any Easter Eggs and reading alternate endings. I don't even remember when the message boards started dying a little, maybe around 2014-ish?

I'm still here but I'm not sure if I feel as excited for the new game like I would have been five-six years ago. I was so obsessed with Nancy Drew computer games and now, I'm trying to lower the expectations of a new game coming out.

I'm not sure what I would be like in the Spring 2019...I will be older and probably be too busy with other real life stuff to be with the Nancy Drew players and members.

If the game do come out (I'll believe it when I see it), I may want to watch video walkthroughs or something.

You know, something like Spring 2019 reminds me of a Disney Pixar movie coming out the same year or something...
    ~ MD12 ~

Comment

I still come on here also, but I am not excited about the new game just yet. I will need proof that it is really coming out before I get my hopes up. But there are some games that I have not finished yet. I still have about 4 or 5 games that I have not played so I still come on here for tips. I miss seeing a lot of people on here and all of the different discussions. Hopefully it will liven back up someday.
      ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
      ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
      .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
      (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
      `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
      ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
      ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
      .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
      ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
      ............................................©ac

Comment

I check in every few months just to see if I might be pleasantly surprised with everyone celebrating that MID is finally coming out and I'm disappointed every time. :( Very sad.

Comment

I just recently came back on here after being off for several months. I'm not anxiously waiting for a new game since I honestly feel like I like the older, classic games better than their newest games anyway. I am sad that HeR is loosing so many of their fans because of a delay in their games. I appreciate their attempt to keep the fans through their podcasts and contests, but I don't think this is enough to keep everyone. I'm grateful that there are still a few people who come on here though.
          ........A foreign shore ¸*¨¯¨*·¸ behind me
          ...........AND A HUNDRED `·-`.....)¸.·*¨¯¨*¸
          ........¸·*¨¯¨*.MORE TO GO. ¸.·`.......`-·`
          ........`·-`... ...` · . ¸ _ ¸ . · `

Comment

I come here to see if any interesting new threads have been created or if there are any new rumors.

I really have no excitement whatsoever for the new game. I feel cheated. I have no more faith in this company.

I can't even replay the old games without getting mad.

I took you by the hand and we stood tall
            And remembered our own land, what we lived for...

..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
            ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
            ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
            ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
            ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy Drew View Post
              I come here to see if any interesting new threads have been created or if there are any new rumors.

I really have no excitement whatsoever for the new game. I feel cheated. I have no more faith in this company.

I can't even replay the old games without getting mad.
              I do the same thing basically. But I don't have a problem with the old games myself...the way I see it, those were made by a totally different company. Same goes for basically the entire series. Things have changed so much, in terms of employees and product (or lack thereof?) and stance, that I personally don't consider the two incarnations of Her as the same company at all.
              neverending song
              2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
              So far from me too is your home
              to which I can never find my way
              your fairy tale...

Comment

Originally posted by SammySleuth View Post
                I am sad that HeR is loosing so many of their fans because of a delay in their games.
                They haven't lost me because of the delay, they've lost me because they've been so lousy to their fans in the interim. They still don't seem to understand that.

Also, they've lost me and others because it seems like they're more interested in finding new fans than retaining their old fan base. I get that they need/want to expand to new fans, but that shouldn't start with burning the bridge to the old base.

Comment

What are they spending their time on?

Comment

I’m truly amazed people still come here too. I haven’t been on in a long time due to the lack of new games and basically loss of hope anymore. I’m still interested because ND was a part of my childhood and these games will always have a special place in my heart. I used to be very hopeful for a new game but 4 years is really too long and I will really need to see it to believe it. I don’t even know why they tease us with a trailer and information about the new game......
                    jen loves nancy

Comment

I just popped in here myself after a long break, after they got rid of Lani they lost a customer lost with me. It would take something truly extraordinary for me to pick up another ND game without Lani as Nancy. I used to be around here all of time getting help with new games, now I just play the old ones and have my cheat sheets written down for things I get stuck on.
                      ~!.I Adore Nancy Drew.!~
                      I filmed Lights, Camera, Curses. I Resorted to Danger.
                      I discovered that Secrets Can Kill . . . twice. I Stayed Tuned to Danger.
                      I read the Message in the Haunted Mansion. I witnessed the Final Scene.
                      I wiped away the Secret of the Scarlet Hand. I leashed the Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake.
                      I rode the Haunted Carousel. I escaped Danger on Deception Island.
                      I uncovered the Secret at Shadow Ranch. I burned the Curse of Blackmoor Manor.
                      I unwound the Secret of the Old Clock. I traveled the Last Train to Bluemoon Canyon.
                      I fashioned Danger by Design. I dug up the Creature of Kapu Cave.
                      I followed the White Wolf of Icicle Creek. I whispered the Legend of the Crystal Skull.
                      I unmasked the Phantom of Venice. I prowled the Haunting of Castle Malloy

I am paying the Ransom of the Seven Ships.

Comment

I haven't been on this message board in a long time, but came her to see if HerInteractive was still in business. It seems they are. I'm very surprised about that and surprised they finally came out with a release date for MID. But 2019? Really? I feel like they are just playing a cat and mouse game with their fans. They just want to see how far they can take people on a ride. I think they are just keeping the company going to sell off their inventory of old games, then they will likely close down. If they can produce games like Odyssey, they could have produced 2 or 3 ND games using the old engine, as one poster suggested. To have no new ND games for several years and still expect their fans to be loyal isn't realistic. I don't see how they can still remain in business. They have to be losing money, even with the staff cuts.
                        GHOST OF THORNTON HALL . . . . . . Dare to Play!

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryEye View Post
                          If they can produce games like Odyssey, they could have produced 2 or 3 ND games using the old engine, as one poster suggested. To have no new ND games for several years and still expect their fans to be loyal isn't realistic. I don't see how they can still remain in business. They have to be losing money, even with the staff cuts.
                          They didn't produce Odyssey. They just made a deal with the developers to sell it. Otherwise, yeah, I basically agree. It's not like the company has had anything to do, particularly not after releasing Codes & Clues - the one reason for its existence, game development, hasn't been happening, so what took so long for something as unimportant as a vague release date?

When it comes to their inventory, I know they're selling digital copies of a lot of games that are otherwise sold out. Personally I think that's going to continue, even when physical copies are gone. I don't really attempt to guess at why things are the way they are...
                          neverending song
                          2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
                          So far from me too is your home
                          to which I can never find my way
                          your fairy tale...

Comment

I'm excited, but not at the same time...

I've been a big fan of ND games for a very long time. When I learned that they FINALLY gave us a release date for MID I was excited, but then... I don't know. I've been playing ND games since I was a little kid (early 2000s) and I've always been excited at the end of each game to see the trailer for the next game to come out. But now that I've gotten older, and there has been such a HUGE gap between games, I don't know if I'll end up getting the game for that reason; that they have postponed the game so much and that just sorta has made me lose interest. Also, the games aren't hard for me anymore and I can usually get through a game in a day and a half (gals got to work) and that in itself isn't worth the money for me personally. I could put the money towards something else like living expenses etc. etc. I know $20 isn't that big, but it's money nonetheless... But in the end I might change my mind and buy it to see how the new gaming engine is...

p.s. HER this game better be freaking huge and have next gen graphics for it to have taken 4 years to release it...
                            Rainbow!

Comment

I'll tell you...

Originally posted by LadyCeres View Post
                              What are they spending their time on?
                              Keyword being Drama...
                              Rainbow!

Comment

Working...
                              X