I'M STILL HERE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'M STILL HERE.

So, like some of you, after a couple of years away from the forums & HeR Interactive, I'm back.

Having played the Nancy Drew games for 10+ years now, it's incredible to look back and realize how much this community & HeR games impacted me as a young girl. I struggled most of my childhood with extreme shyness & anxiety. Being Nancy, exploring her world & solving mysteries are some of my fondest memories. With Nancy, I could do anything. She empowered me to ask hard questions, to be authentic and to always look for the mystery in life. I would not be the person that I am today without her.

That being said, I've spent the bulk of this afternoon scrolling through forums, trying to understand what's going on with HeR and when the new games will be released. What I've gathered is that the bulk of the community have moved on because of the failure of HeR to put out new material or communicate consistent plans for the future.

My goal in posting this thread is to let anyone reading it know that I am still here. I still care deeply for this franchise and its role and impact in the lives of anyone & everyone that it has impacted, but especially young girls and women. I will always be back to play the new installments and sincerely hope that HeR will still be around so that I can enjoy these games with my own children one day.

For the community that has been impacted by Nancy- for those of you who've played every game, have heard "it's locked" 100+ times, I'm still here for you, too. Let's not lose this. It's really something special. (Plus, I'm still going to need my sleuths out there to help me when I can't figure out a puzzle).

Just wanted to put a little word of encouragement out there <3

I'm looking forward to the future for HeR & for MID
    |{GwAwB{|

NANCY DREW
    BEEN A FAN FOR 10+ YEARS. YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD FOR MYSTERY.

Interesting.

I heard that MID will be out sometime this year. I don't know if I'm looking forward to it, I'm not a huge fan of the very new games.

Glad you're back, although I've never seen you before.

It's great how the Nancy Drew games helped you develop and overcome your shyness and anxiety. I hope it's helped a lot of people. That's the great thing about the Nancy Drew game. It is one of my favorite game series.

Thanks for sharing, it was a nice read.
    Read chapter 7 of my CUR AE! Click here

¸.^.¸.^.¸.^.¸.^.¸.^.¸.^.¸.^.¸
    "Rose 🎈, you're no picnic, alright? You’re a
    spoiled little brat even, but under
    that you're a strong, pure heart, ¸.^.¸.^.¸.^.¸
    and you're the most amazingly
    astounding wonderful girl-- woman
    I've ever known, but I'm too
    involved now. You jump I jump¸.^.¸¸.^.¸.^.¸
    remember? I can't turn away without
    knowin' that you're going to be alright."
    -Jack Dawson♡

Click here to read my STFD AE: A Tale of Greed and Glamour

My favorite AE: Only love is eternall- an ICE AE

My second favorite AE: •.,¸¸,.•´¯`» Only Love♥ can Melt the ICE--((An ئ from Isis's POV))

My third favorite AE: ♥//·._.·´¯`» Frσsted Brσwnies ¦♥¦ {ICE}

My fourth favorite AE: ¦·.·´`·» I n t o the W i l d «·´`·.·¦ [ICE]

I ♥️ my chihuahua

Denver Equestrians

Comment

Originally posted by sfar girl View Post
      Interesting.

I heard that MID will be out sometime this year. I don't know if I'm looking forward to it, I'm not a huge fan of the very new games.

It's great how the Nancy Drew games helped you develop and overcome your shyness and anxiety. I hope it's helped a lot of people. That's the great thing about the Nancy Drew game. It is one of my favorite game series.

Thanks for sharing, it was a nice read.
      Where did you hear that MID will come out this year? HeR specifically stated that it will come out next year.

Comment

Originally posted by sfar girl View Post
        I don't know if I'm looking forward to it, I'm not a huge fan of the very new games.

Personally, I think that the new game will be different from any of the games they've made before. With the rapid pace that technology is advancing, it only makes sense that they would take a little more time and invest in re-vamping the old style of the games. The point-and-click design was an element that held the game back. It can really only get better from here, in my opinion.

I was never a very active poster, but I read a ton of forums

After studying video games in college, I had so much more of an appreciation for HeR Interactive and their role in the history of games. Creating a game based off of the Nancy Drew books was brilliant, it brought mystery into the lives of 90's kids. On top of that, the heroine was a teenage girl who used her deduction to help people!! Even when Carole Keene was writing the series, that idea was a revolution. In the same way that the books influenced a generation, I 100% believe the games did, too, ya know?

I just could not agree more, it will always be one of my fav games for that reason <3

Also, I do believe the game is to be released in Spring 2019?
        |{GwAwB{|

NANCY DREW
        BEEN A FAN FOR 10+ YEARS. YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD FOR MYSTERY.

Comment

Originally posted by lblackburn4 View Post
          Personally, I think that the new game will be different from any of the games they've made before. With the rapid pace that technology is advancing, it only makes sense that they would take a little more time and invest in re-vamping the old style of the games. The point-and-click design was an element that held the game back. It can really only get better from here, in my opinion.

I was never a very active poster, but I read a ton of forums

After studying video games in college, I had so much more of an appreciation for HeR Interactive and their role in the history of games. Creating a game based off of the Nancy Drew books was brilliant, it brought mystery into the lives of 90's kids. On top of that, the heroine was a teenage girl who used her deduction to help people!! Even when Carole Keene was writing the series, that idea was a revolution. In the same way that the books influenced a generation, I 100% believe the games did, too, ya know?

I just could not agree more, it will always be one of my fav games for that reason <3

Also, I do believe the game is to be released in Spring 2019?
          Yes, that's what the recent newsletter concerning MID says. Also, just to politely correct you, it's Carolyn Keene who's the author of the books. Hope you don't mind my correction.

Comment

I've been on this forum for probably 12 or 13 years I think...so sad that it has died. Every once in a while I come back to see if there is any word on a new game but there never is :( . I too have lots of fond memories of playing these games during a time in my life that was lonely. I guess everything has its season and, while it lasted, Nancy's season was a great one!
            ....•*¨¯¨*•....-:¦:-.......•*¨¯¨*•.............•*¨¯¨*•.. .....-:¦:-....
            (.....*•-•´...•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*....).•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*-:¦:- ).•*¨¯¨*•.
            ....-:¦:-`•.,¸_¸,.•´....*•-•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´-:¦:-..*•-•´ `•.,¸,.•´......*•-•´.......

..Mameha ♥ San......

.....-:¦:-.....•*¨¯¨*•..............•*¨¯¨*•... ....-:¦:-......•*¨¯¨*•..
            .•*¨¯¨*•.(.....*•-•´...•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*.....).•*¨¯¨*•. (....*•-•´
            (.....*•-•´...•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•* -:¦:- ).•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*.....).•*¨¯¨*•.
            ......`•.,¸_¸,.•´-:¦:- *•-•´ `•.,¸_¸,.•´......*•-•´ `•.,¸,.•´......*•-•´-:¦:-.

~♥~

Comment

I'm still here as well. I hadn't been on for a few years, and was able to remember my login information and pick-up right where I left off. It has been kind of a throwback for me. As was stated earlier, the season of Nancy was a good one. There are a lot of good memories. I guess that is why, even when newer games were coming out, I still find the good old fashioned ones to be my favorites. (The Final Scene, I'm looking at you! LOL).

Comment

Blackburn 4 - reading your post genuinely almost brought me to tears! I just want to say I am still here too!

I think with the new game being so slow to come out and no news available that most people have gotten caught up with negative feelings. No matter what, Nancy will always be a part of my life, even if I no longer play all the games as often as I used to.

Her-interactive was a huge part of my childhood and is even now (~15 years later). I can say with 100% sincerity that I would not be who I am today if I hadn’t had these games in my life (cheesy I know). But having a teenage female super sleuth as a role model vs say a pretty faced famous pop star has given me a different drive towards life. Growing up with Nancy my friends always made fun of me (I was always reading a book or raving about a new game). No one else thought she was cool…but I loved her and stuck with her (sticking to what you love vs. what everyone else pretends to love is a great quality to have).

These games will always bring me a great sense of nostalgia, love, mystery, adventure and friendship. NO MATTER WHAT. I would love for MID to come out and be totally awesome, but even if that does not happen, I will still appreciate HER for all the great memories.

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                All mimsy were the borogoves,
                And the mome raths outgrabe

Comment

Thanks for the post. It was a nice read and made me start to feel nostalgic for this place and the games that I loved SO deeply growing up. I'm glad I happened to stop by for the first time in many months. I too hope the games could somehow continue, regardless of how old I am or if I personally will continue to buy them (although who am I kidding? How could I resist actually getting MID if it comes out after being teased with it for at least FOUR years!)

I can't tell you how much ND impacted me. I've been a fan since I think DDI or SHA came out so around 14, 15 years (give or take the last 3 where we've had no games released). I spent countless hours playing through the mysteries and trying to find something new each time (which I usually did! Says something to how much detail they put into the games!) You'd think that would have made me socially awkward for spending so much time in front of a computer screen but I feel like it actually did the opposite. Nancy taught me to explore, learn, enjoy life, not be afraid of criticism, and gave me a desire to travel, and the message boards taught me teamwork, the desire to help others regardless of getting anything out of it personally (I guess Nancy taught me that too!), creativity, and friendship (even if it's online! Online friends are real friends, no matter what anyone says!).

I truly have so many wonderful memories of growing up and playing these games and interacting on the boards. And a few bad ones, but those in themselves taught me a lot and I do regret the (very minimal!) negative impact the boards had on me or I may have had on others.

Anyways, I don't really know where I'm going with this post now. I just wanted to say I appreciate you starting this thread :) I feel very happy and nostalgic now!
                  To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                  Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

I totally agree with your post and feel the same. It's nice to hear some words of encouragement. It's also interesting to hear that others including myself are coming *back* to the Her boards for the first time in a long time.

I've always loved playing and replaying the games. Always love playing White Wolf in winter, played stfd which was my first game a million times, etc. But like a lot of others I probably took for granted the regularity of the releases and the quality of the games. It just seemed like a given. After the first couple huge delays I started watching more walkthroughs of games I hadn't played in a while (as opposed to just really playing them when I have time). I started reblogging screenshots and even some ~aesthetics posts on tumblr. The tumblr #cluecrew is cool but it's mostly images/memes and not rly a ton of convo so I headed to reddit. Watched a hilarious fight blow up but otherwise that's pretty dead.. I love when there's surveys tho. Then finally just decided to log into my old account on here. I never really posted a ton but it brought back a lot of memories for me. Trying to actually use the boards instead of walkthroughs, etc.

It's crazy to hear how much the games shaped other people too. These games definitely made a whole new generation of girls love Nancy Drew. Overall I really hope something comes out soon. I know most of us have lost hope over this but it would truly be a really happy day for a lot of us.

Comment

I've played Nancy Games since I was in third grade, I'm about to turn 23 and within the past year or two really got back into playing the games as a form of escape from depression and anxiety. It breaks my heart to see the state of Her Interactive right now and I hope they can figure out something to revive the franchise without losing what made the games special. Like a lot of other people, I don't mind replaying the games because I usually play one constantly until I'm done and barely remember it when I come back to revisit. I do find the older ones to be of higher quality, but some of the new ones have been nice too (I thought Captive Curse was short but good and I love Shadow at the Waters Edge, but my all time favorite is Treasure in the Royal Tower.)

This post definitely lifted my spirits, I was never really one to post to the boards but seeing it like a ghost town was still really sad for me.

Comment

so glad to hear this

This post is so nice to read/add to! I'll admit after coming back to the boards on and off the past ten years or so after being active religiously for about three, it's difficult to see so few members active. I had a similar experience on this forum as you all did!

I am excited for Spring '19, regardless of how the new game turns out. I'm glad to see that a few of us have hung in there

As a side note: a lot of us got on the ND game bandwagon at age 10(ish)... I guess I should be more understanding that developers are focusing on that age group. After all, thats where we started!

Looking forward to HER's future.. hoping to get the next game as soon as it comes out so I can join in the message board fun.

- drewnancy121
                        drewnancy121

¸,...¸•*¨¯¨*•¸...,¸
                        ¸,...¸*.¸¸.*
                        .*•-.-•*.*.¸¸.*¸...,¸
                        ¸...¸*.¸¸.*
                        ........................*.¸¸.*¸...,¸
                        *.¸¸.*¸...,¸
                        ........................¸,...¸*.¸¸.*
                        *.¸¸.*¸...,¸
                        ….......¸,...¸*.¸¸.*
                        *.¸¸.*¸*¨¯¨*¸*.¸¸.*

.....*•-.-•*©rNr

Comment

It is so fun to see everyone start at the age of around 10. I started at 9! I am still here and I am still waiting. It warms my heart to see I am not the only one who has not given up. I love Nancy... These games were always so wholesome and heartwarming.

Cant wait for things to pick up again. It is so sad to see the message boards so slow. I check them everyday and it breaks my heart. It used to be so busy so I am excited to see that happen again.
                          ~Eagle Eye~
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(")
                          Put the bunny above on your siggy if you want HER to keep making ND games!

Comment

Got you beat, I started at 8. Which is when SCK '98 first came out, so I couldn't have started any earlier.

Comment

I first began playing the games around the age of ten; MHM was my first game, the I looped back and played the previous ones before moving on. I agree that the games helped me so much. It made me think things through more logically, like a real life What Would Nancy Do sort of thing. It is sad to see how long this game has taken and I will admit I sadly have lost some faith. I do hope this game actually comes out in Spring of 2019, but if it does not at least we can go back and replay the OG games and relive those memories. Those earlier games are in my opinion their best.
                              "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸
                              You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet,`·-·*©_`*·.,¸_¸,.·*´¨¯))
                              there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
                              ~Bilbo Baggins; from The Fellowship of the Ring.

Comment

Working...
                              X