Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older Games

Originally posted by poohdoo View Post
    I first began playing the games around the age of ten; MHM was my first game, the I looped back and played the previous ones before moving on. I agree that the games helped me so much. It made me think things through more logically, like a real life What Would Nancy Do sort of thing. It is sad to see how long this game has taken and I will admit I sadly have lost some faith. I do hope this game actually comes out in Spring of 2019, but if it does not at least we can go back and replay the OG games and relive those memories. Those earlier games are in my opinion their best.
    I was just remarking to my Dad the other day that I think the older games are the best. The graphics are much better in the newer ones, but there's just something about the first games.

Comment

Originally posted by MissMouse View Post
      I was just remarking to my Dad the other day that I think the older games are the best. The graphics are much better in the newer ones, but there's just something about the first games.
      Nancy drew has gotten me through some tough times in my life, even though I didn't start playing until early 2000's. I agree with you though, the graphics are really good in the newer games, but I seems like you can do a lot more in the older games. More to see and better mysteries.
      ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
      ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
      .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
      (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
      `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
      ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
      ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
      .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
      ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
      ............................................©ac

Comment

I'm Still Here!

I log on every few months to see what's new and what news there is on MID. I was giving up hope, but then read that MID has a Spring of 2019 release date so I am excited, but kinda nervous at the same time

I've been playing Nancy Drew games for as long as I can remember; 15+ years I can't believe it has been that long! It feels like yesterday that I picked up my first Nancy Drew Game; Stay Tuned For Danger! Yes, I know I went out of order, but I was a youngin and didn't know that there was a order to the games! I have played every Nancy Drew Game there has been!

Anyway, I wanna see what they've changed and what not haha! A lot of people are nervous about the changes, but as technology progresses gaming companies have to change with the times; sad but true! It's sad that I don't have any of my older Nancy Drew Games, but that happens when you get newer computers and you can't play the old games

Well see y'all later!
        Rainbow!

Comment

I'm glad to see that despite the fact that HER has been slow with the development of the new game and interactions with fans that people are still invested in Nancy. Like alot of people, I've been playing these games since I was a kid. My sister and I both grew up reading the Nancy Drew books (they actually helped me learn to read in English!) so when we got Treasure in the Royal Tower and Message in a Haunted Mansion for Christmas, it was really exciting to play as her. I agree that the storylines from older games were often more interesting than some of the newer ones (not the mention the disaster that was the Shattered Medallion!). But what has really bothered me is that there are just no other games like these out there! No hate to the many cool video games out there, but I always really felt they were more targeted towards guys (not to say that ND is just for girls!). I really hope all the investment and time they have put into developing their new game and platform will pay off...the industry does change alot and it makes sense that they want to update. I, for one, am still staying hopeful!

Comment

Originally posted by lblackburn4 View Post
            So, like some of you, after a couple of years away from the forums & HeR Interactive, I'm back.

Having played the Nancy Drew games for 10+ years now, it's incredible to look back and realize how much this community & HeR games impacted me as a young girl. I struggled most of my childhood with extreme shyness & anxiety. Being Nancy, exploring her world & solving mysteries are some of my fondest memories. With Nancy, I could do anything. She empowered me to ask hard questions, to be authentic and to always look for the mystery in life. I would not be the person that I am today without her.

That being said, I've spent the bulk of this afternoon scrolling through forums, trying to understand what's going on with HeR and when the new games will be released. What I've gathered is that the bulk of the community have moved on because of the failure of HeR to put out new material or communicate consistent plans for the future.

My goal in posting this thread is to let anyone reading it know that I am still here. I still care deeply for this franchise and its role and impact in the lives of anyone & everyone that it has impacted, but especially young girls and women. I will always be back to play the new installments and sincerely hope that HeR will still be around so that I can enjoy these games with my own children one day.

For the community that has been impacted by Nancy- for those of you who've played every game, have heard "it's locked" 100+ times, I'm still here for you, too. Let's not lose this. It's really something special. (Plus, I'm still going to need my sleuths out there to help me when I can't figure out a puzzle).

Just wanted to put a little word of encouragement out there <3

I'm looking forward to the future for HeR & for MID
            Very well said, lblackburn4!

I too have been playing Nancy Drew games for 10+ years and they have shaped my life and actually have played a huge part in the career choice I'm pursuing. I love being able to say, "I learned that from Nancy Drew" anytime we are talking about morse code or random history facts.
            I am excited to see what HeR has to offer once MID is out and hope they can get back to releasing more games each year. While I might not have as much time to play (or replay!) the games as I did when I was younger... I eagerly await the next game and fully support HeR Interactive in taking the time they need to make sure this next game is fantastic for users of all devices!
            Last edited by Wheatley96; August 4th, 2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I'm still here and looking forward to the new game, too. The thing I'm curious about is who is the company HeR is working with to release the game?

With the game coming out in Spring (March - May) next year, I hope they give us more information soon.
              "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

Comment

Hi this is probably two years too late but I have also been a Nancy Drew fan for many years. My old username was DrewFan18 (Can't remember the password at all and the email I used it for no longer exists so I made a new account.) Anyways I feel like now this website is how it used to be. Maybe I am wrong but it seems more livelier. People are writing more about what they need help with and what to expect stuff like that. I just finished MID. I had a few issues with the game but it was still a decent game. I really can't wait to see what they come up with next. I'm hoping for a murder mystery there are a lot of those in the Nancy Drew Case File books. They are very interesting in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
                X