After MID...Then What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After MID...Then What?

Forgive me if I've placed this post in the wrong location. I think it's ok here.

We are all so focused on when – or if – MID will be published. Heck, for those of us who are true Nancy Drew believers, it's all we've thought about for lo these many years. We keep popping over here to the message board for any shred of MID news. We've dissected MID, Nancy Drew, Her Interactive and each other as we await the possible release of another ND game. Yet, I wonder, has anyone but me wondered what happens after MID is released (if that ever happens, and I'm not at all convinced.)

We have been so spoiled. We loved getting our ND fix in the spring, knowing that after a lovely summer break we could expect another ND game in the fall. Then, after a merry Christmas and happy New Year, we could look forward to spring flowers in bloom...and our next ND game.

Sadly, that is all over now. We've placed all our focus on MID without any thought as to whether, if MID does get released, there will ever be another ND game. It is impossible to think that as HER struggles to release MID that there is any other ND game in the works.

So, after MID...then what?

Does anyone have news I have missed? Is there any hope of another ND game after MID? If so, will it be another three-four years in the making?

What becomes of Her after MID is released?

very good questions....we are hanging in the lurch,,, they are still not saying anything I would LIKE to think that if MID comes out that the next game would not take nearly as long as they got the new programming and worked out all the bugs...we just don't know.......with all the fallout over not communicating with the fans, I hoped they would say SOMETHING once spring got here......very TELLING......

Comment

If you check the Compilation of MID Facts thread, you'll see that on April 3, 2017 LJ says that they plan to keep up with the 2 games a year schedule after MID is released, and again on November 30, 2018 she says again that they hope to keep to the 2 games a year schedule but that they'll have to see. Obviously that's no promise that it'll be the same release schedule as before but it does show that they are still thinking about what is coming after MID.
      Life brings tears, smiles, and memories.
      The tears dry, and the smiles fade,
      but the memories last forever.

Comment

I can only hope as the programmers have been trying to figure out the format of the game that the writers have been spending what spare time they have coming up with new game ideas.
        .¸+*¨¯¨*+¸…………two years and just like that,..…¸+*¨¯¨*+¸
        ((……*·-·'.….my head still takes me back.……….((……*·-·'
        .`+¸.'and sing this lie, that's halfway mine.…'.………..`+.¸
        ….))….…………'……………¸+*¨¯¨*+¸…..…))
        .¸+´¸×*¨¯¨*׸+*¨¯¨*+¸…..……'·-·*……))….¸+´
        (('·--·*…..))…..*·-·'..¸+*¨¯¨*+.,¸_¸,.+´…..(
        .``+.,¸__¸,.+´…..……(……..'…(….…..¸+*¨¯¨*+¸
        '…¸+*¨¯¨*+¸…..''…¸×*¨¯¨*׸…'..`+¸…'.'·-·*…''..))
        '..((……*·-·'………'·--·*..…))…''..…`+.,¸__¸,.+´´
        '…`+.,¸__¸,.+*¨¯¨*+.,¸_¸,.+´®ND

Comment

Wishful thinking

Originally posted by libby2130 View Post
          very good questions....we are hanging in the lurch,,, they are still not saying anything I would LIKE to think that if MID comes out that the next game would not take nearly as long as they got the new programming and worked out all the bugs...we just don't know.......with all the fallout over not communicating with the fans, I hoped they would say SOMETHING once spring got here......very TELLING......
          That's a nice thought...but it will never happen. Her can't release a game for three years; there is no way it will be able to return to the two-games-a-year schedule. Her made many promises, right before it went essentially dark for so long. I have no faith whatsoever that MID will be released or that there will ever be another Nancy Drew game by Her.

Our only hope, and I've said this several times on this board, is that another, more viable, developer will pick up the game and run with it. It isn't my first choice, but I would like that to happen. My first choice would be that Her would be robust and viable and release games twice a year and Lani return as Nancy.

Clearly, none of that will never happen.

Comment

Optimistic about MID and Her

Originally posted by BooBoo'sNan View Post

Clearly, none of that will never happen.
            I remain optimistic.
            Yes, they've been cautious with communication, but I believe it's because they only want to share info of which they are sure. I do trust that MID will come out this spring and that Her will return to two releases a year -- because they said so. I'm content to be naive if only to save myself from being cynical.

Comment

Originally posted by kdkauffman View Post
              I'm content to be naive if only to save myself from being cynical.
              I love that. Well put.
              Listen, my child, to this story of dreams,
              And know that the beginning is more difficult than it seems.
              When the ten daughters are reunited in order,
              When the four-sided box loses its border,
              When the eye of the phoenix is in your hand,
              When the bird of fire can see again,
              When the moon sleeps and the sun plays,
              The king of the sky will shine his rays,
              And hidden beneath a river of colors
              Will lie a gate to golden wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by kdkauffman View Post
                I remain optimistic.
                Yes, they've been cautious with communication, but I believe it's because they only want to share info of which they are sure. I do trust that MID will come out this spring and that Her will return to two releases a year -- because they said so. I'm content to be naive if only to save myself from being cynical.
                Curious. I have heard people express similar sentiments about wanting to remain naive about issues. I'm sorry, I don't find any specific honor in naiveté. I find honor in optimism and a positive frame of mind. But naiveté? No. I think that is simply a determination to remain stupid or ignorant.

However, I don't think you fall into that category, kdkauffman. I think you fall into the "optimism and positive frame of mind" category! Sadly, I don't share your optimism. I am more of a realist.

Still, I do remain hopeful, a sentiment I think we all share.

All my best,

BooBoo'sNan

Comment

Curious. I have heard people express similar sentiments about wanting to remain naive about issues. I'm sorry, I don't find any specific honor in naiveté. I find honor in optimism and a positive frame of mind. But naiveté? No. I think that is simply a determination to remain stupid or ignorant.

However, I don't think you fall into that category, kdkauffman. I think you fall into the "optimism and positive frame of mind" category! Sadly, I don't share your optimism. I am more of a realist.

Still, I do remain hopeful, a sentiment I think we all share.

All my best,

BooBoo'sNan
                  The way i read it was more like a Perception of naivete. Like it's ok if my positivity makes me seem naive to the negative people, i'd rather be naive than cynical and unhappy. Maybe i'm reading too much into it, but that was my immediate interpretation and i SO identified with it in the context of MID. And the positivity is paying off, since we now have a specific release date, like so many people thought would never happen.
                  Last edited by emikat80; May 2nd, 2019, 04:35 PM.
                  Listen, my child, to this story of dreams,
                  And know that the beginning is more difficult than it seems.
                  When the ten daughters are reunited in order,
                  When the four-sided box loses its border,
                  When the eye of the phoenix is in your hand,
                  When the bird of fire can see again,
                  When the moon sleeps and the sun plays,
                  The king of the sky will shine his rays,
                  And hidden beneath a river of colors
                  Will lie a gate to golden wonders.

Comment

Forgive me if I've placed this post in the wrong location. I think it's ok here.

We are all so focused on when – or if – MID will be published. Heck, for those of us who are true Nancy Drew believers, it's all we've thought about for lo these many years. We keep popping over here to the message board for any shred of MID news. We've dissected MID, Nancy Drew, Her Interactive and each other as we await the possible release of another ND game. Yet, I wonder, has anyone but me wondered what happens after MID is released (if that ever happens, and I'm not at all convinced.)

We have been so spoiled. We loved getting our ND fix in the spring, knowing that after a lovely summer break we could expect another ND game in the fall. Then, after a merry Christmas and happy New Year, we could look forward to spring flowers in bloom...and our next ND game.

Sadly, that is all over now. We've placed all our focus on MID without any thought as to whether, if MID does get released, there will ever be another ND game. It is impossible to think that as HER struggles to release MID that there is any other ND game in the works.

So, after MID...then what?

Does anyone have news I have missed? Is there any hope of another ND game after MID? If so, will it be another three-four years in the making?

What becomes of Her after MID is released?

I got a reply from the YouTube page, as I had a similar question, they said that they could not release info about future games but that they could confirm it would definitely NOT take this long for another game after MID.
                    Nancy Drew
                    ...........................................{(¯`´¯)}
                    ...........................................`.¸.´

Dedicated Nancy Drew lover & Her Interactive supporter since 2004.
                    signature credit; here (:

Comment

I think that one of the reasons why MID is coming out later than originally planned is so that HeR can work on the next game too. HeR knows that fans will be pretty upset if they don't see an expected release season for the next game at the end of MID, so *hopefully* they're also prepping for the following game to be released in 2020.
                      Philippians 4:6-7
                      Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving,
                      let your request be made known to God;
                      and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding,
                      will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Thanks NDsolver<3!!

Always

Comment

Since MID is on-track for a release after all, I believe ND 34 will happen. However, I don't think HeR will be back to releasing two games per year right away. After the huge MID delay, expecting that kind of a bounce-back is hard to believe. I think that at best, ND 34 will come out a year after MID. Maybe they'll just stick to autumn releases to benefit from the proximity to Halloween (advantageous for scarier games) and the holidays (games make for good Christmas presents!).

I'm totally down to be proven wrong, but I don't expect a rapid release for ND 34.
                        .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
                        ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
                        ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
                        ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

I want more ND games forever. Waaaaaaaah! However, whining about this does no good. Forgive me.

The ND games are in transition, and it takes time for changes to happen. I believe that there will be more games. I will not hold HeR to any expressed hope for two releases per year or to any other idea. Rather, I will try to be patient (as if!) and wait for whatever HeR is able to do now and in future. If something changes that affects future ND games, so be it.

As long as there is the general idea, hope, and prayer regarding our beloved ND and her world (if anyone still believes in that). there might be future ND games.

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the wait if they do another game after MID. There are other things in life I could do while waiting for a Nancy Drew game. I'm thinking about watching a video play through of MID before I play it and I'll probably do the same for the future game releases unless something happens and I won't be able to afford the games for awhile.

As for wondering if there would be an actual game after MID, I'm not expecting anything as I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm definitely going to watch someone play online before I play it just to get a feel for them.
                            ~ MD12 ~

Comment

I'll be very curious to see how MID is received. I think that will determine whether or not there's another game. The kotaku article makes it pretty clear there's money problems there, so I think it's probably dependent on how well MID sells.

Comment

Working...
                              X