No announcement yet.

After MID...Then What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be very happy to finally get another ND game to play. Cannot wait. For me, nostalgic, as I had them all from the original ND Adventure Game series. (As mentioned in another post, I sold the whole set as none were being released and also so someone else could enjoy them as much as I did.). If they release one/year I would start to get them again for the PC.
    Pharaoh´s Tomb

Comment

I would honestly be fine with waiting for another game. Waiting forever hasn't really been the problem for me, its more the lack of communication/snark from HER's PR.
      I don't mind if they only do one release a year around Nov either (especially if it means more spooky games). It would be great if it wasn't another 2-4 yrs before we get another ND game but I don't think HER would last if they took that long to make another game after MID. Seeing as development for MID really didn't start till 2-3 yrs into HER's hiatus and it was with the use of a completely different game engine (which I honestly don't think is the real reason for the delay based on what other people in the industry have said) I think they could probably do at least one good quality game a year if they were focused on the games and not other app projects or management musical chairs.
      While it would be cool to have two games a year again, I'd rather have one better one than two mediocre ones.
      I just hope HER doesn't make any promises they can't deliver on and they don't go black out silent again.
      Case Closed!:
      SCK2, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, SSH, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR, CLK, TRN, DAN, CRE, ICE, CRY, VEN, HAU, RAN, WAC, TOT, SAW, CAP, ASH, TMB, DED, GTH, SPY, MED, LIE, SEA.

Currently anticipating: ND #33: Midnight in Salem!

Comment

I wasn't aware of HeR's 2 games a year reinstatment-- but based on all the current evidence of promises and delays-- my view is that this other promise will also fall short. And, I'm not happy whatosever in saying that. It just seems to be more probable than reigniting the heyday from ten plus years ago. This seems especially difficult due to the lack of commincation, extended deadlines, the firing of Lani, etc. and how through the fallout, there has been a major loss of followers, fans, and users online here.

I would hope that after the Midnight in Salem release, when it happens in Fall (hopefully), HeR continues on and they don't become another ghost of the computer software space (like so many other have become from my childhood). They made it past the mid 2000s when many got left behind. So, I hope they can make it past this too. Because that would truly make me heartbroken-- if they don't.

I hope the games in this new development space work out and don't cause motion-sickness. And, most importantly, I hope the clever dialogue and entertaining aspects of the characters and the story don't get overshadowed by "oh look at all the pretty moving graphics!" kind of thing when more games go into development. I'm not sure who's still longstanding at the company, for these past twenty years. After all this time in between the last game, the previous games, and present, I hope we haven't lost what made HeR Interactive-- HeR Interactive. If that makes sense.

The important thing, she decided, was to stay calm.
        There was always a logical explanation for everything,
        even if you had to make it up.

´¨`¤.¸¸.

Comment

As a long time Nancy Drew fan I am massively dissapointed at how long it has taken to release this game as I am sure everyone else is. I don't commit the same ammount of time or energy to these games as I used to because well adulting but I do pop over from time to time for updates. Very sad.
          maxwnd
          'Mid pleasures and palaces
          though we may roam,
          be it ever so humble,
          there's no place like home.
          --John Howard Payne

Comment

I recently heard that there was such a long wait because they thought C&C would make them the money to fund MID which obviously didn't happen and apparently they had to wait for an investor. So they might be able to make another game if MID goes well but they may have to wait for more investment if it doesn't, though if MID doesn't do well I don't see why an investor would pour more money in.
            Case Closed!:
            SCK2, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, SSH, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR, CLK, TRN, DAN, CRE, ICE, CRY, VEN, HAU, RAN, WAC, TOT, SAW, CAP, ASH, TMB, DED, GTH, SPY, MED, LIE, SEA.

Currently anticipating: ND #33: Midnight in Salem!

Comment

Working...
            X