This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight in Salem is happening!?!

As you may know, HeR just released new information on Midnight in Salem! It's coming out in November, 2019! It may be too long to wait but it's getting exciting! I'm not sure if I will be pre-ordering, which is in October as I may be busy with school or something but this is super cool!

Anyone going to pre-order or when it comes out? I may want to watch the play through online before I can play it just to see what it's like but I'm probably going to buy the game sometime!

~ MD12 ~

I am super excited we finally got a definite date of release. I know a lot of people will be mad that its not being released this Spring, but I'm glad its not until November. I am not sure if I will pre-order the game or not. I guess it depends on price, but mainly I want to see how people like it first before I spend money on it.
    ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
    ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
    .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
    (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
    `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
    ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
    ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
    .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
    ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
    ............................................©ac

Comment

Definitely preordering! Definitely excited! Woo hoo! Can’t wait!
      He has showed you, O man, what is good.
      And what does the LORD require of you?
      To act justly and to love mercy
      and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:8

Comment

I'm thinking maybe it makes more sense to release the game in October/November because it has a more Halloweenish look/vibe to it.

Comment

I'm so glad to finally have a definite release date. I won't be pre-ordering this one, because HI has damaged its reputation in my eyes too much for me to give them my money in advance. But I'll be buying MID as soon as it comes out, and if that actually turns out to be November 19, then I'll be open to pre-ordering ND34 (whenever that would be). I have a lot of years of happy associations with HI games before the past few years' disappointment, so I'm rooting for them.

I'm a bit worried about a November 19 release date, though. That's close enough to the holiday season that it might lead to smaller initial sales when it gets released. Some people might wait to get the game as a present in December, instead of buying it at the end of November. If the game was going to come out in early October, they might get better sales because people will wait a few weeks but not a few months.

Anyway, cheers for ND!

Comment

I'm definitely preordering!
            ¸.•*¨¯¨*ّ¸......catsandbooks
            ((
            ..*•.¸_¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.......... A library is not a luxury
            ......¸.•*.....*•.¸_¸))............... but one of the necessities of life!
            ......*•.¸_¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸... .¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.
            .................................H.W. Beecher + ©allas؛•.¸_¸.•؛
            Please follow the rules................................................... ...............Isaiah 40:31
            FAQ and New Member Resources
            [/FONT] Please be sure your signatures follow the Siggie Ruler. ◄ Click here to double check.

Comment

Another pre-orderer here. I hope they still do the phone charms and other bonus edition stuff.
              I wonder why it won't be released in time for Halloween though. That's a good point about the november date possibly being a problem with december so close.
              Listen, my child, to this story of dreams,
              And know that the beginning is more difficult than it seems.
              When the ten daughters are reunited in order,
              When the four-sided box loses its border,
              When the eye of the phoenix is in your hand,
              When the bird of fire can see again,
              When the moon sleeps and the sun plays,
              The king of the sky will shine his rays,
              And hidden beneath a river of colors
              Will lie a gate to golden wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by kalliopiea View Post
                I'm so glad to finally have a definite release date. I won't be pre-ordering this one, because HI has damaged its reputation in my eyes too much for me to give them my money in advance. But I'll be buying MID as soon as it comes out, and if that actually turns out to be November 19, then I'll be open to pre-ordering ND34 (whenever that would be). I have a lot of years of happy associations with HI games before the past few years' disappointment, so I'm rooting for them.

I'm a bit worried about a November 19 release date, though. That's close enough to the holiday season that it might lead to smaller initial sales when it gets released. Some people might wait to get the game as a present in December, instead of buying it at the end of November. If the game was going to come out in early October, they might get better sales because people will wait a few weeks but not a few months.

Anyway, cheers for ND!
                Christmas shopping season starts in the US on Thanksgiving/the end of november. They probably wanted to have the game released for Black Friday (the day after thanksgiving) which is the busiest shopping day of the year. Releasing it a week earlier gives them time to work out any glitches in the downloading process. If they released in October, its sales cycle would already be over by xmas, and it wouldn't get any press or media coverage in the xmas buying season.

I probably wont pre-order until see reviews saying it is glitch free. I dont really care about phone charms. I would only pre-order for something major, like an additional chapter of game play.
                Last edited by paperstreet; May 1st, 2019, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I don't know if I'll pre-order yet. I never have pre-ordered before, which makes me want to. Also since I've had to wait so long for this game I would really like to, especially if like emikat80 said, hopefully they'll have the phone charms and extra bonus stuff if you pre-order which would be really fun!
                  It might also depend on cost, but I know I have plenty of time to save up if it happens to be a bit more than the normal prices we've always had. So that's not a huge downer for not pre-ordering or just buying the game after it's released.
                  ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
                  (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
                  .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
                  ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
                  ..( ..)
                  c('')('')

Comment

I also have never pre-ordered before and I think I will for Midnight in Salem. I'm very excited :)
                    []--MASTER♥♥SLEUTH]--»
                    HJM©

Comment

I am VERY excited that we finally have an update on MID. But, I'm a little worried. Under the teaser trailer for MID, there's another sort of trailer that shows you how they're redesigning the games and you can hear Nancy's new voice. I'm not going to judge based on just that, but I liked how they had it for SEA and I'm a little scared that any update will be a downgrade from what it once was and I would've kept Lani as the voice actress.
                      Last edited by Skyrosleuth136; May 7th, 2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

excited

Pre ordering here! Can not wait!
                        HappycorgI

Comment

Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                          .... I probably wont pre-order until see reviews saying it is glitch free. I dont really care about phone charms. I would only pre-order for something major, like an additional chapter of game play.
                          This.

And, I will wait for feedback about the game content. The game is based upon a Nancy Drew book that contained some references to witchcraft, dark arts, and/or folk culture. In the book, Nancy simply learns about how some people think and communicate. She is not converted, coerced, or doing anything particularly religious. Considering recent trends in entertainment which exploit and pelt us with dark arts, similar religions, and the like, I would need to know in advance what is happening within MID. Will Nancy do what she usually does, which is to separate fact from fiction, darkness from light, and truth from a lie? Will the historical theme be handled well, as the controversial theme in ICE and DDI were handled well? HeR did a great job of presenting both sides of an issue in each of those games. I hope that HeR will present the historical viewpoints in MID. (At every juncture in history, there are clashes of differing viewpoints. It's good for us to consider the multitudinous views across time and throughout places.) This would be informative and give us an opportunity to learn by performing actions which advance a game without doing something that mimics or advances a particular religion or practice.
                          Last edited by Solver; May 24th, 2019, 05:17 AM.
                          Have fun, and sleuth on: it's what Nancy Drew would do.
                          (Solver)

Comment

We have been disappointed on release dates for quite some time. I will get MID for nostalgic reasons. Not sure what platform though. Hard copy or download? Would prefer on iPad but gameplay not favourable.

Edit: Will probably wait for the release and for reviews of the game before buying. I’ve waited this long - what’s another month after pre-order. lol.
                            Last edited by Cat Woman; May 4th, 2019, 08:20 AM.
                            Pharaoh´s Tomb

Comment

I'm definitely pre-ordering, but may watch someone else play it before I download.
                              "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

Comment

Working...
                              X