Game 34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 34

Has anyone made it through MID already and would like to share if HeR included a teaser for game 34? I haven't seen anyone talk about it online, so I'm wondering if they chose to include a teaser for the next game or to just have the game end with credits? If you have seen the teaser - can you say anything about what it is or what it might be? :) Also are they releasing back on a 2 a year schedule or what?

I have not played MID yet, but I have heard from more than one player that there is no trailer. Not a good sign, if you ask me.
    Stay Tuned for Danger- Lights, Camera,CURSES! - MIDNIGHT IN SALEM

find out what I think of these games, and 30 others,
    here.

Comment

There is no trailer, but the game leaves off with a hint that Nancy and Ned might be teaming up for a mystery in
      Austria
      in the future!
      To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
      Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

No Trailer. I got the impression this was the end of the line.

The game ends with:

Nancy telling the Hardy's she would have to think about the joint detective agency.

She then goes outside and calls Ned (who's voice actor was clearly busy because you only hear her side of the convo) she tells him she wants to go back to Austria* with him; no mystery just a vacation.

*Mi'pu'mi Games is an Austrian company so I think all the Austria stuff was added just because of that.

After the credits:

They show the new her interactive logo, which is joined by mi'pu'mi games and toybox entertainments logos. They then play the old Her Interactive logo (with Lani's "dare to play" whisper) followed by the Nancy drew name and logo but it doesn't list a new game title underneath.

Comment

Did Little Jackalope say somewhere that another Nancy Drew game is planned for after MID? And, someone suggested Austria. For a moment, I can think about Austria...Let's see.... History. Music, History, Von Trapps and their situation, food, fireworks, various concert types for New Year's, and an opportunity to learn a little more German (CAP was awhile ago). Will we as Nancy want a full social schedule which includes the public celebrations as well as ticketed events? Could the oddball event happen? Could Nancy, who in a yellow hardcover, need to go to the barre and get ready to substitute for one of the dancers in the famous event? (This, of course, involves some mystery that someone will dream up for a game.) Strauss is in the air, the dancer is who knows where, and Nancy, gazelle-like, flies with ballerina bun hair... Or not. Nancy and Neddy could be sidetracked by some crime and never reach Austria...
          In the morning upon awakening, breathe a breath of love into your heart,
          and a breathe out a tsunami of love to the world.

♥ ♥ ♥ W h o o s h ! ♥ ♥ ♥
          (Mimi Sammis)

Comment

I sent an email to the new Nancy Drew voice actress, Brittany Cox. She told me that there definitely ARE going to be more Nancy Drew games coming, and that she will be doing the voice acting in those games.

Comment

MIS was awesome. I think the voice and captions need fixing. It does not flow easy. I think it was a good play. My guess is that next Drew will be in Austria with Ned solving a mystery like Deidre suggested. She is returning the Book of Apologies to the Moosham Castle. My thought is that we will meet Ned in #34. Let's go!

Comment

Originally posted by SabyJJ210 View Post
                MIS was awesome. I think the voice and captions need fixing. It does not flow easy. I think it was a good play. My guess is that next Drew will be in Austria with Ned solving a mystery like Deidre suggested. She is returning the Book of Apologies to the Moosham Castle. My thought is that we will meet Ned in #34. Let's go!
                I actually don't think, contrary to popular opinion, that game 34 will be in Austria for a couple of reasons. First being is that Austria is pretty Bavarian, and we recently had a Bavarian game (CAP)- these games tend to be careful about not repeating like locations too close together.
                I heard that the game company that HeR outsourced to was located in Austria, so I think a lot of the Austria references were just a wave to the game company that produced MID.
                Another thing is that there is a lot of suspicion that the Ned voiceover, Scott Carty, might not be coming back, and, based on how we could not hear his responses at the end, I lean toward agreeing. I think that if this is true, another Ned will be found soon, but that it will be awhile. Things were just generally tense with Ned in MID, and I am wondering if HeR is preparing for his character to back away for a time.

However, I realize that HeR pretty much has a whole new team, so any assumptions I would have made based on how HeR did things in the past might be unfounded now. So, you might be completely right, and I might be totally wrong.

But yes, I agree, MID was awesome!
                Last edited by Juliana+Walter; September 8, 2020, 01:15 PM.

here.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliana+Walter View Post

I actually don't think, contrary to popular opinion, that game 34 will be in Austria for a couple of reasons. First being is that Austria is pretty Bavarian, and we recently had a Bavarian game (CAP)- these games tend to be careful about not repeating like locations too close together.
                  I heard that the game company that HeR outsourced to was located in Austria, so I think a lot of the Austria references were just a wave to the game company that produced MID.
                  Another thing is that there is a lot of suspicion that the Ned voiceover, Scott Carty, might not be coming back, and, based on how we could not hear his responses at the end, I lean toward agreeing. I think that if this is true, another Ned will be found soon, but that it will be awhile. Things were just generally tense with Ned in MID, and I am wondering if HeR is preparing for his character to back away for a time.

However, I realize that HeR pretty much has a whole new team, so any assumptions I would have made based on how HeR did things in the past might be unfounded now. So, you might be completely right, and I might be totally wrong.

But yes, I agree, MID was awesome!
                  I didn't know that about the Austrian company, guess I just didn't pay attention to it. Your reasoning for #34 not being there makes a lot of sense.
                  I personally couldn't care less if #34 was in Austria or not. I don't have much of any preferences as to where Nancy may go next.

As for Ned, I agree with everything you said. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if they started going down the Nancy and Frank path with what happened in MID and it's also obvious that Frank likes Nancy. (That's what I see at least)
                  So maybe they plan on just ditching Ned altogether if Ned and Nancy break up at any point? Who knows. If they do break up, with the way things have been between them, I can't see it being a good break up, which is why I don't see a point in keeping Ned around if that happens honestly. I feel like it would just feel awkward. I personally prefer Ned, although I have nothing against Frank, I just don't see Nancy with anyone besides Ned. But I guess I kind of stopped caring about that a long time ago, so whatever happens, whether she stays with Ned or moves onto Frank after a while, who knows, guess we will just have to wait and see.
                  ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
                  (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
                  .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
                  ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
                  ..( ..)
                  c('')('')

Comment

Nancy and Frank? If Nancy is going to ditch Ned, she should find someone new. Completely new. Never in a book, a game, a show, or a flick. But wait. Ned is the only one who puts up with Nancy's weird work schedule. Nancy and her little friends Bess and George can work together on their little mysteries. Frank and Joe are never going to be able to have serious relationships because they work together. Perhaps this is why Iola was left behind by an editorial decision and Callie died. Anyway, Nancy and Ned have been around since original book # 7. It would be absurd to break them up now! They are from that era where many people managed to stay married to the same person for forty, fifty, sixty, or more years. Would it be fun (in a future game) to fast forward to the Nancy/Ned future and their 75th anniversary? This is traditionally the Diamond anniversary. And diamonds are traditionally a target for perps in the Nancy Drew world...
                    In the morning upon awakening, breathe a breath of love into your heart,
                    and a breathe out a tsunami of love to the world.

♥ ♥ ♥ W h o o s h ! ♥ ♥ ♥
                    (Mimi Sammis)

Comment

Originally posted by Solver View Post
                      Nancy and Frank? If Nancy is going to ditch Ned, she should find someone new. Completely new. Never in a book, a game, a show, or a flick. But wait. Ned is the only one who puts up with Nancy's weird work schedule. Nancy and her little friends Bess and George can work together on their little mysteries. Frank and Joe are never going to be able to have serious relationships because they work together. Perhaps this is why Iola was left behind by an editorial decision and Callie died. Anyway, Nancy and Ned have been around since original book # 7. It would be absurd to break them up now! They are from that era where many people managed to stay married to the same person for forty, fifty, sixty, or more years. Would it be fun (in a future game) to fast forward to the Nancy/Ned future and their 75th anniversary? This is traditionally the Diamond anniversary. And diamonds are traditionally a target for perps in the Nancy Drew world...
                      Nancy Drew games are entirely their own canon, so just because something has never happened in any of the books doesn't mean the game designers should stay away from something that has never happened (especially when they are pretty much creating entirely new Nancy Drew adventures that aren't really based in the least on the books they are supposed to be inspired from). It's only 'not canonically accurate' until someone makes it so. Though I haven't agreed with all of HeR's decisions in the past and present, I trust them to spin an interesting and good quality mystery story. If they decide to have Nancy pair with Frank for a while (I am 100% certain it wouldn't be permanent), I think it could be fun, and that they would do it well.

Your knowledge of the different ND canons is enviable and extensive. I really should read more- I've only every read the original series for Nancy Drew, and a handful of Hardy Boys mysteries.
                      Last edited by Juliana+Walter; September 19, 2020, 04:27 PM.

here.

Comment

Working...
                      X