Next game? (moved to correct board)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next game? (moved to correct board)

While i did NOT like Midnight in Salem, I noticed there wasn’t a new game reveal at the end of it. I’m wondering if there will be another one or if we’re gonna have to wait another five years. Has anybody heard anything about a new, hopefully better, game?

According to the Amateur Sleuth Blog, another game is planned, and a trailer for it will hopefully be released sometime in the spring. Actual game release estimation unknown.
    Last edited by Juliana+Walter; February 2, 2020, 12:12 PM.
    Stay Tuned for Danger- Lights, Camera,CURSES! - MIDNIGHT IN SALEM

find out what I think of these games, and 30 others,
    here.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything? my need for a new ND game to play is itching so bad

Comment

15 months later and no news

Comment

Originally posted by libby2130 View Post
          15 months later and no news
          I am told I should stop asking about the game because I am taking time and money away from it's development, and they will announce it when it's ready. What money am I taking since it's outsourced, the only person really talking to us left for another job (Little Jackelope) and as you say 15 months have passed. They had wanted to go back to 2 games a year but here we are with not even a trailer to show there is a game in the works.

Comment

I hope that if they don't decide to continue with Nancy, which I hope they do continue, but that maybe they will do something with Frank and Joe. There were a lot of hints to certain things and questions left unanswered that I hope will be soon. Like Nancy's relationship with Ned, Frank and Joe's new detective business, etc. **Fingers Crossed**

Comment

I’m just curious as to what happened. Use to be 2 game a year and then nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Browning_Gal View Post
                I hope that if they don't decide to continue with Nancy, which I hope they do continue, but that maybe they will do something with Frank and Joe. There were a lot of hints to certain things and questions left unanswered that I hope will be soon. Like Nancy's relationship with Ned, Frank and Joe's new detective business, etc. **Fingers Crossed**
                Yes!! This would be super cool, if they have to stop making Nancy Drew games. Of course, continuing to make Nancy Drew games would be by far the best option!

Comment

Here's what I'm hoping for as far as Nancy Drew games go:
                  1. An Open Ended Nancy Drew game - The Detective Agency. This game could be a web game, a mobile game, a console game, whatever. I'm expecting this to be a Nancy Drew experience that gets updated consistently. For example:
                  - Nancy works at a Detective Agency solving different kinds of "cases" . These cases can range from slider puzzles, memory puzzles, brain age puzzles, picross, etc etc.
                  - Nancy can spend money from cases to customize the detective agecny.
                  - HeR Interactive can charge people for "Seasonal Detective Passes" which are basically rewards driven cosmetic items to decorate your detective agency or customize Nancy, Frank, Joe, etc.
                  - HeR Interactive can have in-app purchases for premium content such as premium story cases, cosmetic items, etc.
                  - The money from this game will go to the adventure games.

2. A full blown Nancy Drew point and click adventure, going back to their roots.

3. An unlocked camera Nancy Drew game.
                  You are speaking with an
                  Official Member of S.P.I.E.D.

Comment

Love the discussion and want to comment on a few points. Going back to the HeR roots could be beneficial if they also go back to the ND and HB roots. These books are from the Stratemeyer empire. What could be wrong with tapping into the olden days and bringing various decades to life? Remember how fun it was when Emma Roberts looked exactly like ND from a previous decade and in the current year? Well, what if HeR gave us a previous Nancy/friends/HB/their friends as they were in the decades in which the books appeared? Mind you, no one would object if a few details were blunted (some of the language and treatment of people) or were replaced with in-game games, or something else that we like.

Keep in mind that Mildred Wirt also wrote the Penny Parker series. A quote attributed to Mildred A. Wirt: “I always thought Penny Parker was a better Nancy Drew than Nancy is.” There are fewer Dana Girl books, but why couldn't Nancy and her little friends mix it up with the Dana Girls in games that set in the time frame of those Dana Girls books? The same situation exists with some of the language and snobbery, but we would enjoy in-games or other snappy dialogue in place of that.

There are other characters from Stratemeyer's empire. Could any of those be paired with NB, HB, and/or their little friends? What is the licensing situation or any possible obstacle to the use of other characters?
                    Last edited by Solver; September 2, 2021, 01:04 PM.
                    What are you, one of the Hardy Boys?
                    Hey. The Hardy Boys solved every case!
                    (look for it in The Gourmet Detective: Death al Dente movie)

Comment

It's ridiculous after all this time we get no updates, no trailers, or no hint of a game. Like give us something? Also would be good for their marketing to at least make some sort of announcement. This is garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Ginamazza View Post
                        I’m just curious as to what happened. Use to be 2 game a year and then nothing.
                        here is a link with the whole story of what happened https://kotaku.com/the-case-of-the-d...mes-1830256040

Comment

after everything that happened and the way they wouldn't answer questions and were disrespectful..It is like they learned nothing......they are still doing all the same things...I just don;t get it...you don't keep treating your fan base like that

Comment

Working...
                          X