Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously?

So, here we are creeping up on 1.5 years since MID's release. We still have no Teaser or even a title for this new game they claim they are working on. They have just sold off all physical copies of the games. They told us they were going back to 2 games a year, but I doubt that will ever happen. Starting to Feel like they are getting ready to go out of business. And we just sit here waiting for some news that never comes now. It's disappointing and depressing that we are back to the point we were in the 4 year wait for MID. Yes I know Covid slowed everything down. but just a teaser or a title would help ease our worries.

At this point time for me personally, I'm not at all surprised anymore by anything that they continue to do.
    If they are getting ready to go out of business, I mean yeah, it would be nice to have a heads up rather than just slowly going out and not telling anyone.
    Personally I don't know if I care all that much if they go out or stay. I don't feel like sticking with a company who neglects their costumers as they have been for how many years now?
    Now don't get me wrong, I still love the games and will continue to play them, but I will be happy not having any new ones and just replaying like 1-32.
    I would rather go play games where the creators of said game actually care about their costumers and listen to them.
    A couple other games I enjoy that are not Nancy Drew related, the people are very kind and actually communicate with their players, and it just feels like a breath of fresh air in comparison to here where they don't communicate, they hide things from us , the list goes on really.
    It's so much less stressful when you can enjoy game and know that the people making it will listen and help if you have any troubles, vs the the way HeR has been treating their fans.
    This may seem harsh, I understand, but after being able to experience what it is like to have game makers that actually care, how is it worth it to stick with HeR like this?
    I started on these boards right before things started going downhill, I wasn't around in the glory days of Nancy Drew games. (Although I really wish I was!) I played them, I just didn't know about the message boards until a lot later.
    If you still have hope, good for you, really! I just lost my hope for HeR a long time ago.

Again, this may seem harsh for some, this is just my own personal thoughts. I'll probably still come around once in a while on here, like if I myself get stuck while playing...(yes, sad to say after replaying some of them countless times, I too can get very stuck.)

..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
    (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
    .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
    ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
    ..( ..)
    c('')('')

Comment

I have no expectations. None! I think I am neutral. There were issues, challenges, changes, and a need for privacy. The communications from HeR seemed spare and rare. But what information was there to share? They told us what they could. We wanted more, and more, and more. In the past, more and more and more was possible. In recent history, there simply was not much to say. Perhaps it was deemed best to operate quietly and hope that fans could find some way to be [miraculously!] understanding with a lengthy delay. I might understand a little bit if people have been frustrated with a new trajectory for these games. As for re-playing, I wish I had time to for that. I have to re-play in order to refresh my memory about game details. The more details I remember, the more fun I have with the discussions and member-created games in this forum. Re-playing is good!
      In the morning upon awakening, breathe a breath of love into your heart,
      and a breathe out a tsunami of love to the world.

♥ ♥ ♥ W h o o s h ! ♥ ♥ ♥
      (Mimi Sammis)

Happy 2021!

Comment

HeR should simply tell fans that they expect to release a new game by 2030, and that they'll release the title and character bios in 2029.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver View Post
          I have no expectations. None! I think I am neutral. There were issues, challenges, changes, and a need for privacy. The communications from HeR seemed spare and rare. But what information was there to share? They told us what they could. We wanted more, and more, and more. In the past, more and more and more was possible. In recent history, there simply was not much to say. Perhaps it was deemed best to operate quietly and hope that fans could find some way to be [miraculously!] understanding with a lengthy delay. I might understand a little bit if people have been frustrated with a new trajectory for these games.
          I understand what're saying and agree with part of it. Yes, we could have all been a bit more understanding with the change in communication, but I think it would've gone a lot better for HER if they had actually explained their situation. A lot of the fan base didn't know about their money problems and I know that for me, if they had come forward about it, I would've happily helped crowdfund their games and find other ways for their games to make money. In my mind, instead of coming to their fan base, the people who grew up with and were passionate about the games, to find creative solutions to increase their income, they shut us all out and stopped truly communicating entirely.

But at the same time, I understand how in the new CEO's mind, something wasn't working and thought bringing the games in a new direction was a good plan. I talk about that in a thread I started called "Where are we now?".

I'm not angry anymore, I just wish they'd bring back the games I love so much or at least be honest about the progress of the game and give us some actual news.

Comment

I remember they did a Kickstarter awhile back (when they were still doing two games a year) but it didn't work out. I think they're afraid of trying it again with either another Kickstarter or patreon or something...
            ~ MD12 ~

Comment

Part of my frustration is the fact I have been playing these games since 1998 when SCK first came out. I am used to seeing trailers or being talked to by them now it's almost silent and without input I am stir crazy.

Comment

Working...
              X