Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unity Game Engine News, will it impact ND?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity Game Engine News, will it impact ND?

I read two important articles online recently about Unity.
    1. That the Unity company that makes the engine is laying off their staff.
    2. That Unity is pairing up with a company that made a malware installer.

This news is very upsetting.
    Especially seeing as HeR wanted to change from their proprietary engine to the Unity engine.
    I'm wondering if this will cause any halt to their current development or if there will be any difficulties on the Unity side of things.

I wonder if the old engine is still available to use. The original ND engine. Is there anything stopping HeR from hiring a programmer to try taking a look at the old engine?
    You are speaking with an
    Official Member of S.P.I.E.D.

I mean, I would love it if they went back to the old engine, I'm not sure why they switched in the first place. The other games look a lot better than MID for one. Maybe it was just out of date and they couldn't work with it anymore? Or maybe monetary-wise it was a "better" fit? Or maybe the new leaders and such had different plans (like wanting to go VR (but I personally think that is a bad idea)).

Idk, I do wish they could go back or change engines again to a better fit.

Comment

Considering the extreme daily between the last two games, I would assume if this is the case that we would experience a similar extreme delay. I am also assuming that we will continue to get blog posts that contain no relevant information on game development, but rather cookie-making contests and best games to play in the summer. I am not sure what would stop HeR from looking at reusing the old engine. There doesn't seem to be much that would stop the company from developing PC games, but here we are. It's very frustrating to have played these games for so long and have basically just been abandoned by a company that you have devoted so much time to throughout your life.
      .¸·*¨¯¨*·¸when all is said and done,..
      (……«-·'….……you'll believe God is a woman
      .`·.,¸__¸,.·*¨¯¨*+¸……………………………..…¸+*¨¯¯¨*+¸
      …………¸-».'…))………………………………((……«-¸.'.`·¸
      …………'·.,¸¸,.·´`·.,¸__¸,.+*¨¯¨*+¸…………..'…`·.,¸_¸,.·'.…))
      ……………...……………¸-»..'…))-.,¸_¸,.+*¨¯¯¨*+.,¸__¸,.+´´
      ………………...…………'+.,¸¸,.·´

τ н e · m o η s τ e я - signature shop

Comment

John Riccitiello, the CEO of Unity also publicly called game developers "*****s". Some Unity developers and companies out there revolting against Unity for their actions. It's definitely causing a stir in the video game development world. I wonder what's going to happen and if this impacts development or not.
        You are speaking with an
        Official Member of S.P.I.E.D.

Comment

Working...
        X