No announcement yet.

Petition For Less Gimmicks/Minigames and More Serious Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what a wonderfully thought-out thread!

I definetly agree with you. I recently played ASH and TMB, and then shortly after played MHM. What a difference! Though I actually quite enjoyed ASH, I felt really nostalgic about MHM. I miss the times when the ND games were just about mystery. Not location. Not changing characters. Not minigames. I miss the simpleness of the games, and there were far more suspense in the older games.

Sign me up!
    Mylo
    But, Thornton Hall isn’t exactly a breath of fresh air.
    The murky air and the shadows that followed only seemed to muddle my brain more.
    The possibility that Clara’s death was not murder was starting to become more than a plain consideration.
    <<.return home.>> is coming back to the alternate ending boards
    SEPTEMBER

(in the meanwhile, catch up on chapters 1-9 here)
    stay tuned... ;-)

mylo

prayers for the world

Comment

sign me up!
      like in ICE you had to cook and clean peoples rooms,and in CRE you had to get seashells for stupid face
      ..... . ∙ * ¨ ¯ ¨ * ∙-»
      ...I've fought imaginary elves
      ...*.that are stronger than you!
      .¸.·`-Danger by Design
      (......................¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
      .` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · ` ......«-·'
      …………………¸,.,¸
      ..……WHERE THE `✧)
      . ✦ ´ ¯ ` ✧ . , ¸ _ ¸ , . ✦ ´
      Spirit OF THE Lord IS, THERE IS
      ✦ . , ¸ _ ¸ , ✧ ´ ¯ ` ✦
      ?freedom

Comment

Sign me up! ^-^
        I need
        ûTo get better
        ûTo do well
        ûTo be happier
        ûTo be loved
        ûTo get richer

üObama

thx for the sig ndsolver<3

Originally posted by iamnancydrew:)
        How many big island bucks would I have to pay for him to give me a strand off of his succulent pony tail?

#BLACKLIVESMATTER

we love u Lani!!

Comment

There are certainly some games with this issue, and it's painfully irritating (all the cooking!) but I think TMB did a pretty good job avoiding that. There were plenty of puzzles, but most were challenging and very on-topic. That said, we can only hope that HER will stick to this and that the next game will avoid theme-y puzzles unless they are directly related to the plot. Since the next game's plot does seem pretty mature, the indications are positive.
          "For a while these reveries provided an outlet for his imagination; they were a satisfactory hint of the unreality of reality, a promise that the rock of the world was founded securely on a fairy's wing..."
          --The Great Gatsby

You want the "old Nancy" back? Let's talk about it!

Comment

sign me up i'm done with all the redundantcy
            ♥TEAM DAVID TENNANT ♥
            Bite me alien boy!

♫DAVID TENNANT!
            BEST DOCTOR WHO EVER!♫

Comment

Honestly TRT was my favorite because it was 1. Historical, Marie Antoinette and it had interesting background info on dexter that you wanted to find. Other games dealt with kidnapping murder theft threats etc. now it's like oh you lied and faked something but it's ok cause he/she apologized and everything is sunshine and happiness. I hate that and the game aren't like long because of interesting twists and turns and plot twists but now it's five puzzles that take 2 hours each to solve. I hate that! The plots have gone from long adventure to long kinda hidden-mystery games. It takes the fun out and what I wish to see is now its like oh we are going to Paris but we aren't going to allow you to see the eiffel tower or Versailles no you get to go to a cafe or curse of black moor oh your in Britain and London but sorry you can't leave the house. Sign me up I want old ND plots back!

Comment

SIGN ME UP!!

Comment

Totally agree!! Some of my greatest memories as a kid, were playing ND games with my 3 sisters. I've grown up playing them. Everytime a new one comes out, I buy it and still play it with my sisters. It's tradition. Me and my younger sister were talking about this the other day...we miss the feel of the old games. They were simple (in feel) and so much fun. Sometimes I feel like HeR just tries too hard. The basics were best. Nancy Drew is supposed to be classic! She's not like all the other blonde headed bimbos! She's a detective. Detectives don't collect phone charms, or chase grandmas on jetpacks or track down monsters. They do real work in the real world. I think the games need to stay content friendly, absolutely. But get rid of all the added junk and lets get back to what ND is supposed to be about: mystery, classic fun and intrigue. Add me!
                  Last edited by mysterygurl93; October 11, 2012, 01:18 PM.
                  .•*¨¯¨*•. mysterygurl93
                  `•-•*.….)..-:¦:-………..•*¨¯¨*•.
                  ……¸.•´…....•*¨¯¨*•. .`•-•*….).…-:¦:-
                  ..•*¨¯¨*•.....(.………`•.,¸_¸,.•´.………….. .•*¨¯¨*•. Set me as a seal upon your heart
                  (.….*•-•´ ..•*;¯¨*•. .•*¨¯¨*•.………………(.....*•-•´ As a seal upon your arm
                  .`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....`•-•´ (.....*•-•´...•*¨¯¨*•. ..-:¦:-.`•.¸ For love is as strong as death
                  …….….-:¦:-……...`•.,¸_¸,.•´.-:¦:-.….)…..•*¨¯¨*•. Many waters cannot quench love
                  ………………………………….•*¨¯;*•...`•-•*…. Nor can the floods drown it
                  …………………………………`•-•´©LG+MG93`•.,¸_¸,.•´
                  ~Song of Solomon~

guitargirl2's big sis
                  I have solved every ND game!

Comment

Sign me up!
                    My Favorite Games:
                    The Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
                    The Secret of Shadow Ranch
                    Danger on Deception Island
                    The Final Scene
                    The Phantom of Venice

Comment

I'll sign. I think that the games need to be less about Nancy and Ned, and more challenging for sure.
                      When you have eliminated the impossible
                      - ʘ - whatever remains,
                      however improbable
                      must be the truth. ■- ▄ - Sherlock Holmes

Popping in for a short visit. I've missed you all!

Comment

Sign me up so I can add to the cause. I think if we get enough people to sign this petition, HER will notice and do something about it.
                        I'm a proud Christian†
                        Jesus is my best friend

Comment

Sign me up
                          SLEUTHMCB

Comment

Definitely signing. I will plead for fewer gimmicks for as long as it takes. I like some of the mini-games, but don't like having to play them to move forward. Especially the speed games. Speed is necessary when you're diffusing a bomb, and timed events like those make sense. But the number punch? Yuk.

Please, please, HI - please make puzzles more relevant. There are so many things in every game we should be able to pick up, or ask about, that aren't used. And instead, there are these "tricks" that we have to do that are completely unrelated to anything in the game.

And please don't make me have to cook another thing.

- Another TRT fan
                            --------------------------------------------------
                            light is knowledge, light is life, light is light. - Chris in the Morning

Comment

Totally sign me up... me and one of my friends were talking about that and I get headaches when I play ASH!!!!

-Bella
                              To the world U may just be one person, but to one person U may be the world.

Comment

I'll sign, sure :) I just have a few questions about what you're saying. First off, what qualifies as a "mini game" is it just a random puzzle that has no purpose to the game? If it is, I totally agree! I never liked things like Land Rush Renograms sodoku Barnacle Blast and Aggregation. I can understand HeR putting past mini games on her phone for the bonus edition but there are getting to be a lot of useless games floating around. Another question I have is that are you saying you want to go back to like the book menu type games? Because, personally, I think that TMB was fun but not great, DED was okay, but those could be a lag between really great games! CAP and ASH were great in my opinion and GTH looks fantastic! Well I guess what In saying is that if they went back to the book style now, it might seem a little cliche as well. I don't know what would have to happen to please most people on this point. But I totally agree that many of the interesting features aren't very interesting like Fast Foward conversations? Also I TOTALLY agree on the romance aspect you're talking about! Now with everyone suspecting a romance with Frank it's just weird. Ned should stay her boyfriend and just be there for hints not love. Another hint that I think is getting really cliche is The Hardy boys, especially Joe. I can't even call them in DED anymore because Frank turned into Cranky Franky always trying to be mature and he had a really weird high pitched aspect to his voice. Joe sounded normal but he got sooooooo much more immature than earlier games, bouncing around like a little un-housebroken puppy. He was so annoying! "Flabberworried!" "Deets!" "Wordmagination" I just wanted Joe to be the murder victim he was soooooo annoying! Not at all like past games! Overall, I agree with pretty much all your points! Thanks for readin my rant! Sign me up:)
                                To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                                Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

Working...
                                X