Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened to "For girls who aren't afraid of a mouse"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree! Nancy isn't Nancy anymore! She's becoming an unfearless rude girl! Ohh no, that is not okay! Sign me up!!(:

`Chinchi

Comment

Sign me up!
      Frank: Well, Joe's driving at the moment, so I'm just jotting down some notes for my last will and testament...
      Joe: Very funny, Frank.
      ~from The Secret of the Scarlet Hand

..................................«·*¨¯)
      .....................¸·*¨¯*×.,¸_¸,.×`
      ....................(
      .....................`×- *¨¯) Everyone deserves
      ............·*¨¯¨*·.,¸_¸,.·` a chance to fly
      ..........(
      ...........`×- *¨¯) And if I'm flying solo,
      ................¸.·` at least I'm flying free.
      ...............( «·*¨¯)
      ................` × · ` ©dg12

Games Completed
      MHM|TRT|SSH|CAR|SHA|TRN|ICE
      LCC

Comment

Ya! Sign me up!
        Loki
        because even bad guys can be cool.

Psalm 5:12

Comment

Originally posted by AmandyShrew73 View Post
          Signing... There should be only one detective who's afraid of a mouse, and his name is Adrian Monk Also, yeah, Nancy has gotten more pushy lately. Perhaps she's tired of being all "goody-goody" and has been getting impatient with people, but it's no excuse to make someone upset.
          Sign me up! In the books Nancy was nice and carring, same as in the earlier games. What happened to Nancy who lost her mom and liked to show some consideration towards others in similar circumstances?!
          And I totally agree with the Monk comment.
          -HorseGirl1
          My Wish: SHA

Katniss is a mutt.
          …………….Just ask President Snow. He’ll tell you.
          -Peeta Mellark, Mockingjay

No matter what you do, DON'T click the Raven!

Comment

Sign me up!
            …………;´¯¨))……….;´ ¨¯¨``·.¸……..¸.·´´¨¯¨``;……….((¨¯`;
            ` ·. , ¸¸ , .¤` ´·.¸………``·-·*…..))((….*·-·´´……….¸.·` ´¤ . , ¸¸ , .· ´¨¯`;
            ………………..`` · . , ¸¸ , . ¤ ´´………`` ¤ . , ¸¸ , . · ´´……………….¸.·`….;´ ¨¯¨``·.¸
            …… ;´¨¯¨))……………))………………………………………………((……..``·-·*…..))
            ¸ . · ` ´ · . , ¸¸ , . ¤ ´´…………………………………………………..`` ¤ . , ¸¸ , . · ´´
            ((………………………………I s i s
            .…`` · . , ¸¸ , . ¤ ´´¨¯¨``;
            …………………….¸.·`…..;´ ¨¯¨``·.¸
            ……………………((……..``·-·*…..))
            ©…………………..`` ¤ . , ¸¸ , . · ´´

Comment

sign me up!

Millie, Millie, Millie... It's like you read my mind! Seriously, I completely agree. In SAW Nancy was just rude, then when Nancy's screaming because of a little mouse. A MOUSE. (ny) It's like c'mon girl ... Not only do I think of Nancy as a nearly fearless character, but a caring one with sympathy for others. That's what she was like in the books at least.

Avril
              Nancy Drew
              girl sleuth

Comment

DISCLAIMER:
                All of the below rantings are my own, and I mean in no way to offend anyone.

Ohmygosh. I'm so glad to see this petition because I was about to start one myself.
                I've noticed how Nancy has become rude toward people in the games and it's been irritating as all get out to play. Don't get me wrong, I love HER for continuously putting out games with our beloved heroine, but the way she spoke to Miwako was not cool. In ASH she was rude at times, but considering the context it made it more understandable.
                The true Nancy Drew is tactile, confident, diplomatic, but sweet and kind-hearted.
                Sign me up!

- - > > Charlotte

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Matthew 6:21

Comment

In Danger by Design, she was afraid of a rat too in the catacombs after she was finished swimming.
                  It's up to you as Nancy Drew.......to never stop playing Nancy Drew games!

Proud Christian

Think I'm weird? That's just my personality sweetie pie. Live with it.

Please! Do not check out my Alternate Ending:

If You Dig Deeper Behind the Shadows : A Romantic SAW AE!

( \_/ )
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") put this bunny on your siggy if you want HeR to keep making ND games forever!

Comment

Please sign me up! So true.

kaitienator!
                    .....Charlotte Thornton
                    ......................s h e . a l w a y s . w a s . c h a r l o t t e

Proud co-founder of ND Ultimate Alternate Endings

Comment

I agree! Sign me up!
                      Fully supportive of the LGBT+ community

#BlackLivesMatter

Comment

Sign me up!
                        When I played TOT and Nancy said what she said about the mouse I was like really Nancy!! tornadoes are more frightening then mice. I actually like tornadoes.

~Kim
                        Last edited by thedancer; January 31, 2012, 05:19 PM.
                        'From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.Someday I intend reading it.' ~Groucho Marx (My favorite Marx brother)

'Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced'-James Baldwin

Comment

What Happened to "For girls who aren't afraid of a mouse"?

Hello,

I am so glad that someone else shares my same thoughts about this!Sign me up!
                          ~St. Susan
                          “If we find ourselves with a desire____.
                          that nothing in this world can satisfy,

the most probable explanation is that
                          we were made for another world.”
                          __________________~ C.S. Lewis

Images are not allowed on the boards. "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light."- Job 12:22Images are not allowed on the boards.

Comment

I agree! I just found out that in the late 50s, the position of the person in charge of all books Nancy Drew was handed over to Edward Stratemeier's daughters (the original creator of Nancy Drew in 1930). As these women were "ladies", they decided to soften Nancy's character and speech, and make her more of a "girl" (example: make Nancy more of the victim in a given circumstance and leave it to someone like Ned to save her). So in 1959, they revised the first Nancy Drew book and printed it in place of the original title. Over the next decade or so, they not only revised all of the games prior to 1959, but gave Nancy the same makeover in all of the books to be made after 1959.

This then created a version of Nancy which, all though still daring and adventurous, was not the original Nancy. I've only read one book that was made before 1959, and Nancy was much more spunky, daring, and left her fate in her own hands, as opposed to all of the later books I've read.

So I guess that something like this is going on here. Not this extreme of course, but still. Maybe they're trying to make Nancy more relatable, but I still think Nancy was more like herself not only in the previous games, but in the previous books. Anyways, in conclusion, I agree! Nancy is way more... I don't know... not herself...
                            Mysteries I've Solved:

SCKSTFDMHMTRTFINSSHDOGCARDDISHACURCLKTRNDANCREICEVENHAURANWACTOT
                            SAWCAPASHTMBDEDSPYMEDLIE

Comment

Sign me up. For those who played Trail Of The Twister, didn't it bug you that Nancy was afraid of the mice that were at the farmhouse?
                              ♥TEAM DAVID TENNANT ♥
                              Bite me alien boy!

♫DAVID TENNANT!
                              BEST DOCTOR WHO EVER!♫

Comment

sign me up
                                Do NOT click on this link if your wanting to see an ordinary petition!

DONT CLICK HERE--->

Comment

Working...
                                X