Sirens of the Dirge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirens of the Dirge

I sketched down this game suggestion awhile ago and recently rediscovered it. It isn't much but I'll share it with you guys anyway.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SIRENS OF THE DIRGE

Coventry College has always cherished the fact that their main building, Garter Hall, used to be a very upscale 1920s hotel built on a mountaintop. The building stands proudly with a tower as its pinnacle, built in an architectural style that recalled castles. In fact, the mountain was known for its regular fog causing the hotel to be nicknamed the Castle in the Clouds.

Now the hotel days are long gone and a college has moved in. The old hotel suites have been converted into dorm-rooms, the magnificent ballroom into the student dining hall, and the hotel manager's old office is now the college President's office.

The hotel days may be over but the stories still remain. Rumors of what the Prohibition glory days may have hidden away still abound. Students share stories with incoming freshmen of hidden speakeasies, ghosts of broken-hearted hotel maids, and of the secret Civil War tunnels criss-crossing in the mountain.

They're just stories...

And that is what "Bagpipe" (college's student-run newspaper) reporter Amy Hopkins thinks when she decides to write a series of articles on the old hotel days. There was no harm in that-- or so everyone thought until a week went by with Amy nowhere to be found. She left clues in a battered notepad found in the surrounding woods. In it are mad ramblings and tidbits of local stories and legends that paint the "Castle in the Clouds" in a new light.

Each clue leads to a dead end, however. No one knows where Amy is or what she found out. All that the college knows is that the surrounding hills are lonesome, stepped with echoes of its Prohobitionist past, and drawn with the chilling music of the college mascot playing the bagpipes every day at sunrise.

ENTER NANCY DREW...

Jedidiah Ames is the newly installed president of Coventry College. After the buzz that the missing student reporter causes, Jedidiah turns to an old schoolmate, Carson Drew, to come up to the college and see if he can make sense of things. Of course, intrigued by the area's history, Carson Drew agrees to come and also taking Nancy with him.

Once there, the plot thickens...

THE SUSPECTS

••• Kathleen Selvaggio •••
    >>> Another reporter at the "Bagpipe"--originally, Kathleen wanted to do the special articles but the honor went to Amy instead.

••• Jordan Caine •••
    >>> A college rebel. He knows the rules of the campus but decides to break them still. Because of this, Jordan knows the ins and outs of the old hotel building more than any one else.

••• Aidan McMiller •••
    An amateur historian. Amy went to him first in order to find out more about the history of the old hotel--you never know, though, just how much or how little he's telling you.

••• Priscilla Asheville •••
    An upcoming socialite. Priscilla knows everybody and all the gossip that comes with each person. She also has some high connections with important people who used to have an interest in the hotrl's affairs.

••• George Hunt •••
    Amy's best friend. He would do anything to protect her from aweful truths--both good and bad.

THE LOCATIONS

••• The majority of Garter Hall would be open to investigation.
    ••• Jedediah Ames' office
    ••• The majority of the school grounds
    ••• An old cemetery
    ••• The woods behind the college, as far as a small lake known as Braxton Pond.
    ••• Each of the suspects rooms at different times in the game.
    ••• Some of the classrooms would be open. Others will be locked...until you find a way in, that is.
    ••• The Garter Hall Tower, which is off-limits to students without supervision. The tower is old and the administration wants to limit "wear and tear".

PETITION

1) Baron of Braganza
    2) soozielee
    3) GoNancyDrew
    4) JustAskBess
    5) TeamRosalieIsMe
    6) kw_drewfan
    7) secretariat
    8) ...
    9) ...
    10) ...
    11) ...
    12) ...
    13) ...
    14) ...
    15) ...
    16) ...
    17) ...
    18) ..,
    19) ...
    20) ...
    Last edited by Baron of Braganza; September 29, 2013, 10:19 AM.
    COMING SOON!
    River of DeceitUnder the Alaskan Sun
    The Whispering Statue

Supported Petitions

My Game Suggestions

Hats off to you, HRJafael!
    Your story is soooooo good! It would make a fantastic game. Maybe Her will get inspired by your mystery in an upcoming game. One about the mysteries of the Prohibition period would be really awesome!
    Thanks for sharing
    ~ MYSTERY SOLVED ~

I learned that Secrets Can Kill | I made sure to always Stay Tuned for Danger
    I read the Message in a Haunted Mansion | I dig up the Treasure in the Royal Tower
    I played the Final Scene | I revealed the Secret of the Scarlet Hand
    I leashed the Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake | I rode the Haunted Carousel
    I braved the Danger on Deception Island | I unveiled the Secret of Shadow Ranch
    I lifted the Curse of Blackmoor Manor | I discovered the Secret of the Old Clock
    I took the Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon | I faced the Danger by Design
    I hunted the Creature of Kapu Cave | I trained the White Wolf of Icicle Creek
    I perpetuated the Legend of the Crystal Skull | I chased the Phantom of Venice
    I figured out the Haunting of Castle Malloy | I paid the Ransom of the Seven Ships
    I received Warnings at Waverly Academy | I followed the Trail of the Twister
    I saw the Shadow at the Water's Edge | I escaped the Captive Curse
    I gave an Alibi in Ashes | I explored the Tomb of the Lost Queen
    I repaired the Deadly Device | I busted the Ghost of Thornton Hall
    I uncovered the Silent Spy
    But will I put the Shattered Medallion back together?

Comment

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed. I'm planning on adding a lot more the next couple of days including a walkthrough type of description.
      COMING SOON!
      The Whispering Statue

Supported Petitions

My Game Suggestions

Comment

Wow, this is really good! I would love to play this, it sounds so exciting. Great job
        ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
        ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
        .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
        (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
        `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
        ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
        ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
        .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
        ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
        ............................................©ac

Comment

Wow! This is awesome! I really hope they take your suggestion seriously because you're a genius!:wink5:
          I'm nobody! Who are you?
          Are you nobody, too?
          Then there's a pair of us — don't tell!
          They'd banish us, you know.
          How dreary to be somebody!
          How public, like a frog
          To tell your name the livelong day
          To an admiring bog!

~Emily Dickinson

Comment

Thank you--I was inspired by Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake and Secrets Can Kill combined.
            Also, I think the setting of a "has-been" hotel would be amazing.
            COMING SOON!
            The Whispering Statue

Supported Petitions

My Game Suggestions

Comment

I so want this to be a game! This is amazing!
              Please remember to try to keep TMB plot lines out of your thread titles, so as
              not to spoil it for others until the game is in stores. Read more here Thank you!
              … … … … … … … … … … … … … K a t l y n < 3

I am a Christian!!

TRICKORTREAT!

Comment

This... is like... the most amazing thing I've read in a really really long time.
                IT SOUNDS SO GOOD! If HeR never makes this game, can I use it for my future game company? xD Bahaha.
                You really should keep adding on to this idea... if only for my sake, because I'd love to see what else you come up with!

- Kaitie
                .....Charlotte Thornton
                ......................s h e . a l w a y s . w a s . c h a r l o t t e

Proud co-founder of ND Ultimate Alternate Endings

Comment

Originally posted by kw_drewfan View Post
                  This... is like... the most amazing thing I've read in a really really long time.
                  IT SOUNDS SO GOOD! If HeR never makes this game, can I use it for my future game company? xD Bahaha.
                  You really should keep adding on to this idea... if only for my sake, because I'd love to see what else you come up with!

- Kaitie
                  I intend to. I'm currently developing a story arc involving lost Indian gold, the haunted Room 531, and a ghost stagecoach.
                  COMING SOON!
                  The Whispering Statue

Supported Petitions

My Game Suggestions

Comment

This is awesome!!!! If you eventually turn this into a petition or something, put my name on it:)!!!
                    .............I will ride,.................. ..•*¨¯¨*•.
                    ..........I will fly,.............•*¨¯¨*•.¸(........·-·’
                    ......chase the wind....‘·-·.........)
                    ..and touch the sky............¸•’
                    ...©dg12+Spaghetti..¤¨¯¨+ .¸ _ ¸.+’ .

Comment

Working...
                    X