Missing Nancy's letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Nancy's letters

I brought out some of my old ND games and have been playing them again and I realized I really miss the letters in the very beginning of the game. The ones she'd write to Ned, Bess, Hannah, etc. Anyone else wish they'd start the games with those again? I know I miss it.
    ╭╮… … … … …╭•─•╮
    ╭┼╯ "Do y o u hear the people s i n g ? Lost in the v a l l e y of the night,
    ╰╯ It is a music of a people who are climbing to the light."
    … … … … …╰──╯… … … … … … … … … ╰─╯……-Les Misérables

You know what I kind agree with you. I definitely like the idea of the old letters. I do miss them. But I think it is to plain and simple for the evolving HER brand. So maybe they can start the game out with her reading a letter. Then it goes into the game gradually by showing you a starting video and then dropping you into the game. Of course this is after you selected you level ect. Just food for thought. :)
    If your actions Iinspire others to Dream more, Learn more, Do more and Become more,You are a Leader.
    JohnQuincy Adams

Comment

I agree, I miss the letters because they were a really good way to open and close the games. In the beginning, they were a good way to give you the basic details of the case and why Nancy was going to wherever she would be. And at the end it was great because it summed up everything you discovered and worked out any lose ends.

Comment

I definitely liked it, and it sort of had an old-fashioned/down to earth feel that I really felt rang true for Nancy. Anyone remember when they stopped doing the letters?

~*”`*-._.-*`*~ Recessive Gene Queen: Writer, detective, girl next door, redhead. *

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

*I'd rather be SLEUTHING.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses it!!

Originally posted by RecessiveGQ View Post
          I definitely liked it, and it sort of had an old-fashioned/down to earth feel that I really felt rang true for Nancy. Anyone remember when they stopped doing the letters?
          And I think it was the Secret of the Old Clock when they ended because that one begins with someone on the radio kind of introducing the game.
          ╭╮… … … … …╭•─•╮

Comment

No I think TRN had an opening letter.
            ~ MD12 ~

Comment

Originally posted by mdetective12 View Post
              No I think TRN had an opening letter.
              Oops, guess you are right!! Then did it end after that? Like at CRE?

Anywho, haha, I miss it.
              ╭╮… … … … …╭•─•╮

Comment

Yes I do miss that old-fashioned feel. Btw, it was in DAN. They had the main book menu for DAN and CRE but then New Game went to her desk and there was no opening letter :(
                To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

I miss them too. I agree that they seemed to really add to the good old-fashioned and down to earth feel of Nancy Drew. It would be neat if they came back.

Comment

Originally posted by Romans8_28 View Post
                    I miss them too. I agree that they seemed to really add to the good old-fashioned and down to earth feel of Nancy Drew. It would be neat if they came back.

Yeah definitely! It made her seem like the old-fashioned teen she is in the original books. I know this generation is more into electronics and technology but I wish they wouldn't make Nancy like that. If that makes sense...haha!
                    ╭╮… … … … …╭•─•╮

Comment

Bring back the letters! It made the games feel more more vintage and Nancy Drew, if you ask me. :>
                      I'm a proud Christian†
                      Jesus is my best friend

Comment

Maybe they stopped using them, because no one writes letters nowadays, and HeR is trying to appear modern? What if Nancy wrote e-mails? That would work for HeR and for us, who want the old letters back.

Comment

I really miss Nancy's letters also. Besides being informational, I felt that they were a very personal and a really neat way of knowing about Nancy's feelings about the case. I hope that they bring them back someday.
                          There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

*ba dum da tsh*

Comment

I still write letters to people, it is not that old fashioned.
                            I do miss the letters, mostly because they were a nice way to introduce the game and I liked that Nancy included photos or a postcard along with the letters, also I thought that Nancy had really nice handwriting I hope that HER will bring back the letters !
                            "When faced with a problem, you have two choices: A. use duck tape.
                            B. Use your imagination."

{ Mystery Solver 12}:

Mystery Solver 12 loves solving mysteries, has played ND games for over a decade, an avid puzzle lover, a wealth of information, skills, and random facts about nearly everything and finds that most problem can be solved with pie.

Comment

Originally posted by mysteryslover12 View Post
                              I still write letters to people, it is not that old fashioned.
                              I do miss the letters, mostly because they were a nice way to introduce the game and I liked that Nancy included photos or a postcard along with the letters, also I thought that Nancy had really nice handwriting I hope that HER will bring back the letters !
                              Exactly!
                              ╭╮… … … … …╭•─•╮

Comment

Working...
                              X