Nancy Drew: Murder on the R.M.S. Titanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nancy Drew: Murder on the R.M.S. Titanic

Hello, I am an avid fan of Nancy Drew with an idea for the next greatest sleuth story! I have been thinking of this ever since we went back in time to the 1930’s. So I felt, Nancy needs to go back in time to another time period. And what historical event is more famous than the sinking of the R.M.S. Titanic? That is where Nancy must go! So here it is:

╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬
    Setting

The location is aboard the transatlantic ocean liner, R.M.S. Titanic. The area where gameplay begins is in Nancy’s stateroom which is in First Class. In the stateroom there is a bedroom, a parlor, and windows which you can look out of. There is also a closet that you can change clothes into. There are more staterooms as well. Ned’s stateroom, which is like Nancy’s, and Bess and George’s stateroom which looks like Nancy and Ned’s but with two bedrooms. You can also visit each of the suspect’s staterooms and the victim’s. One in 1st Class, one in 3rd Class, and one officer’s quarters. You can also visit many public areas. The main area of travel is the Grand Staircase. In the Grand Staircase is a map of the ship so you can move about the decks and go through hallways to get to areas. Other areas are the 1st Class Dining Saloon where dinners are conducted, and Nancy and her friends can sit at different suspects’ tables. Another area is the boat deck where the lifeboats are. Nancy can also sneak into 3rd Class and Officer areas. She can also go into the Lounge, the Swimming Pool, the Turkish Baths, the Squash Quarts, the Reading and Writing Room, the Elevator, the Reception Room, and the Pursers office. Plus hallways and such you need to escape. The time starts on April 13th, 1912 and ends on April 15th, 1912.

The Beginning

Nancy and her friends are enjoying a lovely cruise aboard the R.M.S. Titanic when Lord Henry Duncan, esteemed oil tycoon, is found dead in the cabin next door. The Chief Medical Doctor declares the death to be accidental, until Nancy finds a bullet hole in her wall. She recalls a shot the previous night but with no gun to be found Nancy knows the death was no accident. Teaming up with her best friends Bess and George, and he longtime lover, Ned Nickerson, she is in a race against time to solve the crime of the decade.

The Mission

Your mission as Detective Drew is to solve who murdered Lord Henry Duncan and you must do it before the culprit can escape! For we all know of the Titanic’s fate and Nancy must find our killer before they can escape unobserved on a lifeboat, or before Nancy joins the 1,500 victims of the great R.M.S. Titanic.

Characters

1. Nancy Drew- of course our fun and spunky teen detective is involved. She is traveling to New York City on a vacation when disaster strikes!
    2. Ned Nickerson- lover of Nancy Drew, Ned can flirt with female characters to get information, and he can also sneak into other classes with much more ease.
    3. Bess and George Fayne- best friends of Nancy, they can distract people and find out information that Nancy needs to know.
    4. Lord Henry Duncan- the victim who was killed mysteriously. Nancy believes he was killed by a gun shot, but there are no bullets to be found on the body. So Nancy tries to find the cause of death (but she knows it as malicious because of the misfire of the gun). Lord Henry is an old oil tycoon who was making the crossing for vacation.
    5. Emily Withernotch- a socialite Southern girl who was making the crossing with her fiancée, Lord Henry Duncan. She was in all senses, a gold digger. She will inherit quite a lot of money due to her fiancées death from a prenup that she had him sign the night of his death.
    6. Marcus Débonair- a wealthy French singer, Marcus is suave and handsome. He has a charm about him but was in love with Emily Withernotch. Nancy seems to think he could’ve killed Lord Henry to finally have Emily. On the night of the murder he left dinner right after Lord Henry and was not seen till morning.
    7. Curly Marvis- a 3rd Class man who is very nice and intelligent. Nancy becomes friends with him and he helps her snoop on his bunkmate, Ed Hatty.
    8. Ed Hatty- a shady 3rd Class Irishman who was cheated by Lord Henry for a tiny spot of land in Texas which had massive oil amounts. Ed put all of his savings into the down payment for the land but Lord Henry got it at the last second, so Ed put all his money into a trip on the Titanic to find Lord Henry and get his “just rewards”.
    9. Liza McCathy- a hardworking mother of four children, Liza befriends Nancy and in return for food for her children, Liza and her children help Nancy blend into 3rd Class.

Important Plot Events

• Nancy suspects Lord Henry was murdered
    • Nancy meets all three suspects
    • Bess, George, and Ned talk with the suspects at dinner
    • Nancy finds and examines the corpse of Lord Henry
    • Curly Marvis goes missing
    • Nancy finds a bottle of poison Ed Hatty’s trunk
    • The Titanic strikes an iceberg
    • Ned is trapped in a 3rd Class cabin by a fallen bunk
    • Nancy finds out the poison was planted in Ed Hatty’s trunk
    • Bess has gone missing
    • A hallway ceiling caves in
    • The ship sinks

Possible Endings (no spoilers)

1. Nancy finds the culprit and the officers apprehend him/her and they all make it off alive
    2. Nancy does not find the culprit but they all make it out alive
    3. Nancy finds the culprit but the culprit does not make it to a lifeboat in time
    4. Nancy finds the culprit but does not make it to the lifeboat in time

Second Chances

1. Nancy gets caught in 3rd Class
    2. Nancy doesn’t get out of the Turkish Baths in time (steam death)
    3. Nancy gets caught snooping in a suspects stateroom
    4. Nancy falls overboard trying to catch a letter (like in SOK)
    5. Nancy doesn’t get Ned out in time
    6. Nancy doesn’t step back from the collapsing hall ceiling
    7. Nancy doesn’t find the culprit
    8. Nancy doesn’t detain the murderer in time and he/she dies
    9. Nancy doesn’t get on a lifeboat in time

Puzzles

• Navigating through the 3rd Class hallways without being caught by an officer
    • Venting the steam correctly to save Nancy from the Turkish Baths
    • Picking locks to get into rooms
    • Navigating through 3rd Class hallways during the sinking
    • Correctly supporting the bed so it can lift off of Ned but not collapse again

More ideas to come!

Petition-
    1. Monroe111
    2. Sluethmbc
    3. Baron of Braganza
    4. Moonsault
    5. Sassyvicki1231
    6. NancyNed
    7. Westielover
    8. secretariat
    9. crazyalygator
    Last edited by Monroe111; November 19, 2013, 08:37 PM.

Oddly enough, I actually like the setting you've infused with the plot. Don't mind if I do sign this. :)
    COMING SOON!
    River of DeceitUnder the Alaskan Sun
    The Whispering Statue

Supported Petitions

My Game Suggestions

Comment

I love your ideas and if HeR made this into a game I would definitely buy it! Sign me up!
      "Don't bother telling me what happened because I was stalking you both. *mopes in corner and dies*" - Bess Marvin, MED

The Good News: You really showed that tree who's boss!
      The Bad News: Turns out, it's the tree.

Comment

Yay. Love the Titanic idea. Sign me up.
        SLEUTHMCB

Comment

Awesome idea I would definitely play this. Sign me up please!
          ......I Wanted To Be Her When I Grew Up
          ...But Then One Day I Was Older Than My Older Sister
          ....................And Older still Today...

I Miss Andrea.
          .I Miss Hershel.
          ..I Don't Miss What Was Before.
          ...I Don't Miss That Sword.
          ....-Michonne The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Monroe111 View Post
            Hello, I am an avid fan of Nancy Drew with an idea for the next greatest sleuth story! I have been thinking of this ever since we went back in time to the 1930’s. So I felt, Nancy needs to go back in time to another time period. And what historical event is more famous than the sinking of the R.M.S. Titanic? That is where Nancy must go! So here it is:

Setting

The location is aboard the transatlantic ocean liner, R.M.S. Titanic. The area where gameplay begins is in Nancy’s stateroom which is in First Class. In the stateroom there is a bedroom, a parlor, and windows which you can look out of. There is also a closet that you can change clothes into. There are more staterooms as well. Ned’s stateroom, which is like Nancy’s, and Bess and George’s stateroom which looks like Nancy and Ned’s but with two bedrooms. You can also visit each of the suspect’s staterooms and the victim’s. One in 1st Class, one in 3rd Class, and one officer’s quarters. You can also visit many public areas. The main area of travel is the Grand Staircase. In the Grand Staircase is a map of the ship so you can move about the decks and go through hallways to get to areas. Other areas are the 1st Class Dining Saloon where dinners are conducted, and Nancy and her friends can sit at different suspects’ tables. Another area is the boat deck where the lifeboats are. Nancy can also sneak into 3rd Class and Officer areas. She can also go into the Lounge, the Swimming Pool, the Turkish Baths, the Squash Quarts, the Reading and Writing Room, the Elevator, the Reception Room, and the Pursers office. Plus hallways and such you need to escape. The time starts on April 13th, 1912 and ends on April 15th, 1912.

The Beginning

Nancy and her friends are enjoying a lovely cruise aboard the R.M.S. Titanic when Lord Henry Duncan, esteemed oil tycoon, is found dead in the cabin next door. The Chief Medical Doctor declares the death to be accidental, until Nancy finds a bullet hole in her wall. She recalls a shot the previous night but with no gun to be found Nancy knows the death was no accident. Teaming up with her best friends Bess and George, and he longtime lover, Ned Nickerson, she is in a race against time to solve the crime of the decade.

The Mission

Your mission as Detective Drew is to solve who murdered Lord Henry Duncan and you must do it before the culprit can escape! For we all know of the Titanic’s fate and Nancy must find our killer before they can escape unobserved on a lifeboat, or before Nancy joins the 1,500 victims of the great R.M.S. Titanic.

Characters

1. Nancy Drew- of course our fun and spunky teen detective is involved. She is traveling to New York City on a vacation when disaster strikes!
            2. Ned Nickerson- lover of Nancy Drew, Ned can flirt with female characters to get information, and he can also sneak into other classes with much more ease.
            3. Bess and George Fayne- best friends of Nancy, they can distract people and find out information that Nancy needs to know.
            4. Lord Henry Duncan- the victim who was killed mysteriously. Nancy believes he was killed by a gun shot, but there are no bullets to be found on the body. So Nancy tries to find the cause of death (but she knows it as malicious because of the misfire of the gun). Lord Henry is an old oil tycoon who was making the crossing for vacation.
            5. Emily Withernotch- a socialite Southern girl who was making the crossing with her fiancée, Lord Henry Duncan. She was in all senses, a gold digger. She will inherit quite a lot of money due to her fiancées death from a prenup that she had him sign the night of his death.
            6. Marcus Débonair- a wealthy French singer, Marcus is suave and handsome. He has a charm about him but was in love with Emily Withernotch. Nancy seems to think he could’ve killed Lord Henry to finally have Emily. On the night of the murder he left dinner right after Lord Henry and was not seen till morning.
            7. Curly Marvis- a 3rd Class man who is very nice and intelligent. Nancy becomes friends with him and he helps her snoop on his bunkmate, Ed Hatty.
            8. Ed Hatty- a shady 3rd Class Irishman who was cheated by Lord Henry for a tiny spot of land in Texas which had massive oil amounts. Ed put all of his savings into the down payment for the land but Lord Henry got it at the last second, so Ed put all his money into a trip on the Titanic to find Lord Henry and get his “just rewards”.
            9. Liza McCathy- a hardworking mother of four children, Liza befriends Nancy and in return for food for her children, Liza and her children help Nancy blend into 3rd Class.

Important Plot Events

• Nancy suspects Lord Henry was murdered
            • Nancy meets all three suspects
            • Bess, George, and Ned talk with the suspects at dinner
            • Nancy finds and examines the corpse of Lord Henry
            • Curly Marvis goes missing
            • Nancy finds a bottle of poison Ed Hatty’s trunk
            • The Titanic strikes an iceberg
            • Ned is trapped in a 3rd Class cabin by a fallen bunk
            • Nancy finds out the poison was planted in Ed Hatty’s trunk
            • Bess has gone missing
            • A hallway ceiling caves in
            • The ship sinks

Possible Endings (no spoilers)

1. Nancy finds the culprit and the officers apprehend him/her and they all make it off alive
            2. Nancy does not find the culprit but they all make it out alive
            3. Nancy finds the culprit but the culprit does not make it to a lifeboat in time
            4. Nancy finds the culprit but does not make it to the lifeboat in time

Second Chances

1. Nancy gets caught in 3rd Class
            2. Nancy doesn’t get out of the Turkish Baths in time (steam death)
            3. Nancy gets caught snooping in a suspects stateroom
            4. Nancy falls overboard trying to catch a letter (like in SOK)
            5. Nancy doesn’t get Ned out in time
            6. Nancy doesn’t step back from the collapsing hall ceiling
            7. Nancy doesn’t find the culprit
            8. Nancy doesn’t detain the murderer in time and he/she dies
            9. Nancy doesn’t get on a lifeboat in time

Puzzles

• Navigating through the 3rd Class hallways without being caught by an officer
            • Venting the steam correctly to save Nancy from the Turkish Baths
            • Picking locks to get into rooms
            • Navigating through 3rd Class hallways during the sinking
            • Correctly supporting the bed so it can lift off of Ned but not collapse again

More ideas to come!

Petition-
            1. Monroe111
            2. Sluethmbc
            3. Baron of Braganza
            4. Moonsault
            Sounds great! Sign me up please!

How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
            - Sherlock Holmes in The Sign of Four

Comment

That sounds pretty cool! I would definitely buy it! Sign me up!
              It's Locked!

Happy Easter Everyone!!

Comment

I would play this game. It is soooo cool. You can sign Jack & me up.

~Mia & Jack (a.k.a. the undead monkey)
                .............I will ride,.................. ..•*¨¯¨*•.
                ..........I will fly,.............•*¨¯¨*•.¸(........·-·’
                ......chase the wind....‘·-·.........)
                ..and touch the sky............¸•’
                ...©dg12+Spaghetti..¤¨¯¨+ .¸ _ ¸.+’ .

Comment

I don't really understand how Nancy could be present on the titanic since she wasn't invented until the 1930s, where she is an eighteen year old. She wouldn't have even been born yet...

~*”`*-._.-*`*~ Recessive Gene Queen: Writer, detective, girl next door, redhead. *

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

*I'd rather be SLEUTHING.

Comment

Love the Titanic! Sign me up.
                    I know what Secrets Can Kill. I did Stay Tuned For Danger.
                    I read the Message in a Haunted Mansion. I found the Treasure in the Royal Tower.
                    I watched the Final Scene. I learned the Secret of the Scarlet Hand.
                    I met the Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake. I rode the Haunted Carousel.
                    I faced the Danger on Deception Island. I discovered the Secret of Shadow Ranch.
                    I was aboard the Last Train to Bluemoon Canyon. I survived the Danger by Design.
                    I captured the Creature of Kapu Cave. I tracked the White Wolf of Icicle Creek.
                    I dug up the Legend of the Crystal Skull. I unmasked the Phantom of Venice.
                    I experienced the Haunting of Castle Malloy. I paid the Ransom of the Seven Ships.
                    I heeded the Warnings at Waverly Academy. I followed the Trail of the Twister.
                    I saw the Shadow at the Water's Edge. I was released from the Captive Curse.
                    I relied on the Alibi in Ashes. I was in the Tomb of the Lost Queen.
                    I stopped the Deadly Device. I vanquished the Ghost of Thornton Hall.
                    I heard the Silent Spy. I retrieved the Shattered Medallion.
                    I entered the Labyrinth of Lies. I sailed the Sea of Darkness.

Comment

Working...
                    X