Petition to Keep Lani Minella as Nancy's Voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nancyNme View Post
    I haven't been on the boards in months, and coming back, this is one of the first things I see.

I. Can't. Even.

Definitely sign me up. I can't imagine the games without Lani as Nancy. I really, really hope something happens to make someone change their mind, but if not...

I really hope something happens to make someone change their mind.

~HeidiJoy
    Couldn't agree more. HeR definitely hasn't been the same for a while. Sign me up.
    But, Thornton Hall isn’t exactly a breath of fresh air.
    The murky air and the shadows that followed only seemed to muddle my brain more.
    The possibility that Clara’s death was not murder was starting to become more than a plain consideration.
    <<.return home.>> is coming back to the alternate ending boards
    SEPTEMBER

(in the meanwhile, catch up on chapters 1-9 here)
    stay tuned... ;-)

mylo

prayers for the world

Comment

oh...........wow

I can't believe this! sign me up!
      GO LANI

Comment

Sign me up, please. Good luck!

Comment

Sign me up!

Please keep Lani! As the saying goes: if it ain't broke, why fix it? She IS Nancy Drew!

Comment

Sign me up! Lani is the one and only Nancy Drew!!
            Read my game reviews!
            MHM, TRT, DDI,
            LABYRINTH OF LIES: http://community.herinteractive.com/showthread.php?1310128-Navigating-the-Labyrinth-of-Lies!-FancyNancy16-Review&p=8309421#post8309421]LIE

LORD OF THE RINGS
            Become who you were born to be.

I have completed every Nancy Drew Game!
            Click here for my petition for another ND original yellow hardback mystery!
            Check out my sig shop here!

Comment

petition

Sign me up too please!

Comment

She is the biggest part of Nancy Drew! Please sign me up!
                The one person who never wins any awards at the end of the game.

Comment

Please sign me up! This is very devastating. I just don't understand why they would change the prime voice of Nancy Drew. It's like showing Nancy's face, it ruins the image we had of her. Whenever I read the books, I think of Lani's voice as Nancy. They shouldn't fix something that wasn't broken to begin with.

-Dani
                  "The only way
                  out of the Labyrinth of Suffering
                  is to forgive."
                  -Looking For Alaska by John Green

.¸+*¨¯¨*+¸
                  (…'…*·-·'…...……((¯`+¸
                  .`+¸…………………`·.,¸¸'
                  the wasted years, the wasted youth
                  ....…`·,………the pretty lies, the ugly truth
                  ….…...`+.,¸¸,.+*¨¯¨*+.,¸¸,.+´ `+.,¸_¸,.+*¨¯¨*+¸
                  ….….…………………….…………¸-»….'…))
                  ….………………………….……….'+.,¸_¸,.+´
                  Signature by: Nancy Drew

Comment

Why would any one want such a thing, I'm always disappointed with voice changes, no matter how close the voice is it isn't the same sign me up please and thank you.

-Redwall
                    There's no point in
                    Growing up
                    If you can't act
                    Childish
                    Sometimes
                    -Doctor Who the Fourth Doctor
                    Sig Shop:

Comment

Sign Me Up!

Sign me up!
                      ~St. Susan
                      “If we find ourselves with a desire____.
                      that nothing in this world can satisfy,

the most probable explanation is that
                      we were made for another world.”
                      __________________~ C.S. Lewis

Images are not allowed on the boards. "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light."- Job 12:22Images are not allowed on the boards.

Comment

Sign me up!

Comment

Sign Me up NOW!

please sign me up! Lani must stay!!!

Comment

No, this is not right; it's like another person will be the sleuth for the games-- no longer Nancy Drew but a poor substitute. This specifically is a big NO. Lani is an icon for these games. It will be... just heartbreaking to not have the same Nancy. It bothered me when Frank and Joe always changed voices between games. Now, the lead? Ugh, terrible.

PS. Just checked and Lani did not leave on her own accord, which I would sympathize with, if she chose to retire from the series. HeR wants someone else. Why? Has there ever been a petition for new voice actress lead? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! The hardcore Nancy Drew fans are not going to be accepting of this; it's basically starting a new series of Nancy Drew. Start the games from #1 again, because it will not be the same anymore. Not after 30+ games and 15 years, that legacy isn't something you just 'get past' with a quick switch of voice actor.

Sign me up, please. It's worth a shot.

DolphinStarr
                            Last edited by DolphinStarr; November 15, 2014, 05:27 PM.
                            and all I find are souvenirs from better times
                            ` * · . , ¸ _ ¸,.·´))´ ¨ ¯ ¨ ` ·›

Comment

Originally posted by DolphinStarr View Post

No, this is not right; it's like another person will be the sleuth for the games-- no longer Nancy Drew but a poor substitute. This specifically is a big NO. Lani is an icon for these games. It will be... just heartbreaking to not have the same Nancy. It bothered me when Frank and Joe always changed voices between games. Now, the lead? Ugh, terrible.

PS. Just checked and Lani did not leave on her own accord, which I would sympathize with, if she chose to retire from the series. HeR wants someone else. Why? Has there ever been a petition for new voice actress lead? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! The hardcore Nancy Drew fans are not going to be accepting of this; it's basically starting a new series of Nancy Drew. Start the games from #1 again, because it will not be the same anymore. Not after 30+ games and 15 years, that legacy isn't something you just 'get past' with a quick switch of voice actor.

Sign me up, please. It's worth a shot.

DolphinStarr
                              Exactly! It would be like starting the games all over! I completely agree!
                              Hollywood Nights... .. -:|:-
                              .. -:|:- ..............,•*¨¯¨*•, ...... -:|:-
                              ......,•*¨¯¨*•, .....',¸¸,• .....`•. ................•´¯)
                              .....( ... •,¸¸,'.. -:|:- . ..........`×.,¸__¸,.×´ ..•´
                              ......`•. ...................,•*¨¯¨*•, ...........•´
                              ..........`•. ....`•. ....',¸¸,• ....). -:|:- ( ..............,•*¨¯¨*•,
                              .. -:|:- .....`•. . `•. `×.,¸__¸,.×´ .........`×.,¸__¸,.×´ ... •,¸¸,'
                              ..................`•.¸_) .....................................-:|:-

©L.bulldog + Tigerpaw

Comment

sign me up as well

Comment

Working...
                                X