Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superspy2000 View Post
    What! I don't have wifi for one and a half weeks and
    I'm off the boards for about two weeks and this happens!?

NO NO NO NO NO! This can not happen HeR! This would be horrible! No matter who they got to replace Lani it wouldn't be the same. This isn't just some mystery game, it's my childhood! I fell in love with these games around the age of seven, and it wasn't just because of the music, setting, quotes, or even the mystery itself, no it was because of Nancy and Lani Minella is Nancy. You can't do this to Lani or to us HeR, you wouldn't just be replacing Lani, you would be replacing the whole game! If Lani retired because she wanted too (I would still be terribly sad), but I could respect that, but your just doing it because you want to. Nancy Drew games will never be the same without Lani, HeR. Lani Minella isn't just some lady with a voice, she is Nancy, she's my Nancy, she's our Nancy. Please don't try to change that, please don't take away our Nancy, HeR.

You can definitely sign me up for this, I hope this will change their mind. If not, Nancy will never be the same again, and I can't imagine that happening.

~Annie

Perfectly said Annie! Completely agree 100%!!!!
    Hollywood Nights... .. -:|:-
    .. -:|:- ..............,•*¨¯¨*•, ...... -:|:-
    ......,•*¨¯¨*•, .....',¸¸,• .....`•. ................•´¯)
    .....( ... •,¸¸,'.. -:|:- . ..........`×.,¸__¸,.×´ ..•´
    ......`•. ...................,•*¨¯¨*•, ...........•´
    ..........`•. ....`•. ....',¸¸,• ....). -:|:- ( ..............,•*¨¯¨*•,
    .. -:|:- .....`•. . `•. `×.,¸__¸,.×´ .........`×.,¸__¸,.×´ ... •,¸¸,'
    ..................`•.¸_) .....................................-:|:-

©L.bulldog + Tigerpaw

Comment

Sign me up!

Originally posted by superspy2000 View Post
      What! I don't have wifi for one and a half weeks and
      I'm off the boards for about two weeks and this happens!?

NO NO NO NO NO! This can not happen HeR! This would be horrible! No matter who they got to replace Lani it wouldn't be the same. This isn't just some mystery game, it's my childhood! I fell in love with these games around the age of seven, and it wasn't just because of the music, setting, quotes, or even the mystery itself, no it was because of Nancy and Lani Minella is Nancy. You can't do this to Lani or to us HeR, you wouldn't just be replacing Lani, you would be replacing the whole game! If Lani retired because she wanted too (I would still be terribly sad), but I could respect that, but your just doing it because you want to. Nancy Drew games will never be the same without Lani, HeR. Lani Minella isn't just some lady with a voice, she is Nancy, she's my Nancy, she's our Nancy. Please don't try to change that, please don't take away our Nancy, HeR.

You can definitely sign me up for this, I hope this will change their mind. If not, Nancy will never be the same again, and I can't imagine that happening.

~Annie
      I agree!! I've been playing these games since I was in the 1st grade!!! HeR CANNOT do this to us or Lani!!!
      Your signature has been removed because it is excessively long. Do be sure your signatures follow the guidelines of the Signature Ruler. Thank you.

Comment

Sign me up! Lani has been Nancy's voice since the beginning, and a new voice actress would drastically affect the games. I too have been playing since about first grade, and, at least in my mind, Lani is Nancy! However, if HeR really had a good reason for firing Lani, or if Lani chose to quit, I will respect that. I wonder what Nancy's new voice will sound like.

*edit* I have to say, I don't think it will be as hard for fans to adjust as it seems it will be. I've played several of the ND games in French, and obviously the French versions of the game have a different voice actress for Nancy. At first the different voice was hard to get used to, but now both voices depict Nancy in my mind.
        Last edited by Isis4ever; November 18, 2014, 03:21 PM.
        When you have eliminated the impossible
        - ʘ - whatever remains,
        however improbable
        must be the truth. ■- ▄ - Sherlock Holmes

Popping in for a short visit. I've missed you all!

Comment

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the
          world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

We are the people.

We are committed.

And maybe this is wishful thinking, but

We cannot give up.

(Did I cheer up the legions of sad fans??? No??? It didn't work on me either. )

Comment

It may be out of their control to keep Lani (what if they needed to cut back pay and Lani didn't accept?) but whatever the reason I will really miss her voice for Nancy and will sign this petition to show my support and thanks for all the games she's been a part of.

But, it kind of sounds like this might be about getting new fans to join which is risky and I feel is a mistake. I've been around the boards for awhile and have noticed a decrease in fans/posters since some other changes have been made.
            Castle Quote
            Sorenson: Really, we're gonna waste time on the insights of Nancy Drew here?
            Castle: Is that supposed to be an insult? Because Nancy Drew solved every case!
            I love this line!

Comment

Please include me on the list...I've been playing these games for literally half my life and I don't know if I could take it if we lost Lani for real. A lot of the original magic is already gone.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

we love you lani <3

Comment

Add me.
                The games will not be the same without her!:(

Comment

Please sign us up, we 100% agree she is irreplaceable
                  Currently Re-Playing: The Phantom of Venice

Comment

Wolfie: Oh my gosh, it never occured to me that the games adapted for other languages wouldn't have Lani as the voice actress... I don't want to get too off topic here, but if you happen to see my post, how different is the other voice actress? Is she more girly? Does she sound younger? Just curious.

Punchy: Nice pep talk!

Korey: Agreed there. After SPY and MED especially, I noticed how the board became so slow. It's so sad that the fans are leaving. I'm afraid that this might make more fans leave.
                    Last edited by Royal Payne; November 20, 2014, 05:27 AM.
                    Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company 🦄 Seastar 🐼 Panda 🦔 Phillip the Pygmypuff 🐎 Stardust 🖖 Spock 🐊 Albert the Sheepigator 🌛 Count Vismak

Comment

keep her!

Why change nancys voice now! Makes no sense! Sign me up too!

Comment

@royal payne / Korey: I think people post on facebook now, the HER page is pretty active, but it is just typical facebook "that's great!" stuff, no real communication or discussions, but I think that is the way the internet is going these days...

Comment

Sign me up. It won't be the same without her
                          .•*´¯`*•.
                          `._¸.•…)¸.-••-.¸
                          ……¸.•´……¸.•
                          …..( AMERICAN PHARAOH
                          ……`*•-.¸
                          …………`•¸2015 Triple Crown Winner
                          .•*´¯`*•¸…..)The 37 year drought has ended. A legend is born.
                          (…`•-•´…¸.•
                          `•-.¸_¸.-•´

Comment

It would not be a Nancy Drew game without her!

Sign me up! We CANNOT get rid of Lani!

Comment

Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                              @royal payne / Korey: I think people post on facebook now, the HER page is pretty active, but it is just typical facebook "that's great!" stuff, no real communication or discussions, but I think that is the way the internet is going these days...
                              Agreed, and fans are active on tumblr (and possibly Twitter? Idk)

@royalpayne The message boards are pretty dead yeah, but that's probably because most message boards have been dead for the last five years ke so :P

Comment

Please sigh me up!
                                ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
                                (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
                                .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
                                ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
                                ..( ..)
                                c('')('')

Comment

Working...
                                X