X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign me up!

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Payne View Post
      Wolfie: Oh my gosh, it never occured to me that the games adapted for other languages wouldn't have Lani as the voice actress... I don't want to get too off topic here, but if you happen to see my post, how different is the other voice actress? Is she more girly? Does she sound younger? Just curious.
      It's funny - I didn't expect it at first either, but then I thought, of course - Lani isn't a native French speaker! She definitely sounds more girly, and a bit younger too. Like I said, it did take some getting used to at first, but I've eventually come to be completely used to both Nancys. That's why I am hoping that the same thing will happen now.

If you're curious, you can probably find a video of the French games online. They are called "Les Enquetes de Nancy Drew."

​~Wolfie
      When you have eliminated the impossible
      - ʘ - whatever remains,
      however improbable
      must be the truth. ■- ▄ - Sherlock Holmes

Popping in for a short visit. I've missed you all!

Comment

I definitely agree, Lani Minella is the voice of Nancy Drew
        He is risen!
        .•*¨¯¨*•....•*¨¯¨*•.
        .•*¨¯¨*•.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸..`•-•*.….)(.….*•-•´..¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.
        (.….*•-•´...•*¨¯¨*•..`•.,¸_¸,.•´..`•.,¸_¸,.•´..•*¨¯¨*•...`•-•*.….)
        `•.,¸_¸,.•´©LG*•-•´….….....…..……..…`•-•*…..`•.,¸_¸,.•´

You'яe woяtн мoяe tнan Gold
        -Britt Nicole

Comment

Honestly, Her Interactive has really been going downhill for a long time. Now they've just gotten ridiculous. I keep playing the new games hoping that they've gone back to how they used to be. It's clear that that's not going to happen, but I suppose we all might as well keep trying to get through to HER. The games have gotten so far-fetched. And now what's even more far-fetched is they think it's a good idea to fire Lani so they can 'try something new'. All we want is for them to try something OLD!!! I'm adding my voice to the crowd.

Also, I guess I'm in a negative mood today (a Negative Nancy as it were ), but I really don't know that HI will listen to us. I dug up these old threads from YEARS ago to help prove my point:

Thread 1
          Thread 2
          Thread 3

These threads are from 2009 and 2005... Nearly 10 years ago!! We've been asking over and over again for the same things for 10 years, and haven't really gotten anywhere with it. I really doubt HER will care about all our concerns, especially with new leadership who just fired Lani for the sake of going in a 'different direction', which is the exact opposite of what the overwhelming majority of us have been asking for all this time.

Doesn't mean we should lose hope, though. I'm thankful for all of you who continue to fight for the cause!
          As Nick Falcone would say: Fight the power!
          Last edited by Goosey; November 21, 2014, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goosey View Post
            Honestly, Her Interactive has really been going downhill for a long time. Now they've just gotten ridiculous. I keep playing the new games hoping that they've gone back to how they used to be. It's clear that that's not going to happen, but I suppose we all might as well keep trying to get through to HER. The games have gotten so far-fetched. And now what's even more far-fetched is they think it's a good idea to fire Lani so they can 'try something new'. All we want is for them to try something OLD!!! I'm adding my voice to the crowd.

Also, I guess I'm in a negative mood today (a Negative Nancy as it were ), but I really don't know that HI will listen to us. I dug up these old threads from YEARS ago to help prove my point:

Thread 1
            Thread 2
            Thread 3

These threads are from 2009 and 2005... Nearly 10 years ago!! We've been asking over and over again for the same things for 10 years, and haven't really gotten anywhere with it. I really doubt HER will care about all our concerns, especially with new leadership who just fired Lani for the sake of going in a 'different direction', which is the exact opposite of what the overwhelming majority of us have been asking for all this time.

Doesn't mean we should lose hope, though. I'm thankful for all of you who continue to fight for the cause!
            I know what you mean...I'm really upset about this

Btw Sign me up for the petition! We need to try and stop this
            ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
            ★☆██████╗ /./.██████╗
            ★☆██╔══██╗.██╔════╝
            ★☆██║.....██║██║
            ★☆██║ ... ██║██║
            ★☆██████╔╝╚██████╗
            ★☆╚═════╝ //.╚═════╝
            ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
            COMICS

Comment

Originally posted by Goosey View Post

Thread 1
              Thread 2
              Thread 3

I agree! I have lost a lot of faith in HER because of this. They've listened to fans who wanted a Sonny Joon game and a Nancy's mom game and a River Heights game, but haven't listened to the fans who want changes that are actually important.

Now these "new things" they are trying, I'm sure it has to do with the Hardy Boys series and more games going to mobile. Personally, I'd rather have them just make the adventure series with LANI as Nancy than have a different voice actress plus more games on mobile and a Hardy Boys series and whatever else they dream up. If they've survived all these years with JUST the adventure series, why ruin what they do already in order to do something else in addition? I understand that businesses always look for ways to get more money and stuff, but I think they should be looking at US, the fans, too, but they aren't. They aren't listening to us. They say they take their feedback very seriously, but as you pointed out, they haven't listened to fan suggestions that could solve problems we've been complaining about for YEARS.

I'm hoping that this decision will cause such a huge fan uproar that they WILL rethink this decision, but it probably won't happen, and that's HER's loss. They've lost a talented voice actress and they'll lose a lot of fans. But I will definitely keep fighting for Lani no matter what.

--Derek

Comment

I think we've caused quite an uproar already. But it seems like all of us "classic" ND fans are and have always been really just banging our heads against a brick wall when it comes to trying to get through to Her Interactive. After 10 years of it, I really don't think they care.

Comment

Sign me up!!!!!

Comment

I want to sign up.

Comment

Sign me up!!!
                      'From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.Someday I intend reading it.' ~Groucho Marx (My favorite Marx brother)

'Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced'-James Baldwin

Comment

Sign me up, I don't think anyone else would be quite the same.

Comment

Sign me up!!

Comment

I thought I'd add tothis by saying what Lani Minella thinks of the petition. On Twitter she said that she wasn't sure that the petition would help, but "who knows". So there is hope yet! I'm sure if we get a large enough number of signers and email the list to HeR we can make a change!
                            Omg, where on earth have I been? I'm sorry I've been away from these boards forever. Life caught up with me.

BUT I'M BACK :D

Hello everyone.
                            Purple in the houseeeee.

Comment

I absolutely agree! There was nothing wrong with Lani! It really makes me worried-especially right after all the concerns over MED. And then (at least for me) LIE seemed to be going in the right direction. There's no need for a "New" direction. There already is a new direction. It is what many have been complaining about for some time now. Many threads just finished explaining why going back to the classics is what many people actually want.. and now... I get the feeling that Her doesn't really listen to the boards or at least selectively listens. I guess I just don't understand. Hopefully Her's official announcement will make things clearer. Of course I will buy number 32, but after that, Her will really have to show that they are not going the way we have been so worried that they are. However, I feel if Her really wanted to tell their long-time fans that they indeed are listening, they would have sent out some kind of reassuring message. After all, as someone already pointed out, they knew this kind of reaction would happen. And just as many others agree, Her will risk losing so much of their loyal fan base if they continue to change what made us stay with these games so long.(this more applies more to plot and dialogue aspects, but still...) Sorry for the rant, I'm just so sad and scared to think of what they might change next to bring in a wider (although it might not even be quite as wide as Her thinks) audience for their games.

Comment

I'm in! One of the many things I love about the Her Interactive Nancy Drew is Lani. I think her voice is perfect for Nancy, and it'd be weird having a voice change, even if it was slight. Between this and George's new voice (sure sounded different to me), what's going on? Not to mention Bess and George being absent for most of the new games.

Comment

Working...
                                X