Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep Lani Minella as the voice of Nancy Drew

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Keep Lani Minella as the voice of Nancy Drew

    Lani Minella has provided the iconic voice of Nancy Drew since the very beginning. That's fifteen years. And now she's been fired. That is just unacceptable. Not only is it a huge blow to the fanbase, but it's extremely disrespectful to Lani. Fifteen years of service and this is her reward? Awful. I think Lani should be rehired. I know for a fact that if anything, a new voice actress will cause a tremendous drop in sales. Lani is our Nancy. No one can replace her. HeR obviously isn't gonna rehire her if we don't give them a reason to. So let's do this. Let's get our Nancy back!!

  • #2
    Completely agreed!
    Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company Seastar Panda Phillip the Pygmypuff Stardust Spock Albert the Sheepigator Count Vismak
    ............_____
    ........,-:` \;',`'-,
    .......'-;_,; .':-;_,'.
    .... /;.. '/....,.._`.-\ ........ The Earth without art would be
    ....| '`. (`.... /` ` \`|
    ....|:...`\`-... \_.. / | .................... " |¯ .. |_| "
    ....|.... (.. `,...`\ ;'| ...................... |_ .. | |.
    .... \.... | .'.... `-'/
    ......`... ;/.........'
    ..jgs.. `'-._____.-'`

    Comment


    • #3
      Isn't it actually 16 years? 1998-2014?

      Anyway, I agree. Lani, imo, always did so well as Nancy. I don't know why HeR wants to replace her.

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree! She embodies Nancy Drew!
        To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

        My threads:

        R4JC!!
        Olivia Trey Penelope

        Comment


        • #5
          Agreed 100%.
          .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
          ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
          ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
          ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

          Hope everyone's having a great summer!

          Comment


          • #6
            Keep lani minella as the voice of nancy drew

            Lani Minella will always be a part of the Her Interactive family and we will continue to enjoy a tremendous working relationship with her. We hope to maintain this fantastic creative partnership for many years to come albeit in a different capacity than in the past. It’s too early for us to announce the new voice of Nancy Drew but as soon as we have made that selection we will make a formal introduction to all our fans.

            KoKo*´¨)
            ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
            (¸. •´ (¸. •´ *Fan

            Comment


            • #7
              No disrespect meant, but we are upset about Lani no longer voicing Nancy Drew. Thus, to say that she will continue to be a part of the HER team "albeit in a different capacity than in the past" is not a helpful response.
              [Stop homophobia]

              Comment


              • #8
                Ok HeR, I'm probably gonna come off as rude here, but will you please just give us an answer that you took time to think out and type instead of that copy and paste message?! It's not doing anything other than making us more annoyed than we already are. I think we can all agree that you owe us an explaination. Big time. Please, we just wanna know why you did what you did

                Comment


                • #9
                  that cut and paste response about Lani being forever part of the Her family is also the same response they are giving to every facebook post. This is the type of things that all corporations write when they make an unpopular decision. I doubt Lani will be doing any voice work for Her in the future.

                  Her used to be a kind of cool, indie company, now it just seems like all their responses are written by lawyers and totally corporate. Also I have tried to post to other threads on this subject, and my responses are being censored : ( this has never happened before. I wonder how many other people's posts arent being posted.
                  Last edited by paperstreet; November 14th, 2014, 11:20 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                    that cut and paste response about Lani being forever part of the Her family is also the same response they are giving to every facebook post. This is the type of things that all corporations write when they make an unpopular decision. I doubt Lani will be doing any voice work for Her in the future.

                    Her used to be a kind of cool, indie company, now it just seems like all their responses are written by lawyers and totally corporate. Also I have tried to post to other threads on this subject, and my responses are being censored : ( this has never happened before. I wonder how many other people's posts arent being posted.
                    Hi paperstreet, your post was not censored. The post contained a link to an outside site which was removed because this is a violation of the message board rules.
                    KoKo*´¨)
                    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
                    (¸. •´ (¸. •´ *Fan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dare_To_PlayND View Post
                      Lani Minella has provided the iconic voice of Nancy Drew since the very beginning. That's fifteen years. And now she's been fired. That is just unacceptable. Not only is it a huge blow to the fanbase, but it's extremely disrespectful to Lani. Fifteen years of service and this is her reward? Awful. I think Lani should be rehired. I know for a fact that if anything, a new voice actress will cause a tremendous drop in sales. Lani is our Nancy. No one can replace her. HeR obviously isn't gonna rehire her if we don't give them a reason to. So let's do this. Let's get our Nancy back!!
                      I agree. Lani Minella is a HUGE voice talent, and I am VERY disappointed (incredulous, really) that Her Interactive would think replacing her to be a good move on their part. Lani has done voiceovers for dozens, hundreds even, of games other than Nancy Drew, and all done to perfection. To get rid of Lani Minella is beyond foolishness; the company is incredibly lucky and fortunate to have had her doing the voicework for Nancy Drew for so long. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone could have so much as even contemplated replacing her, let alone actually doing it. It's just outrageous.

                      I'm the biggest Nancy Drew games fan there is, but I have to say that this is absolutely, without a doubt, the worst decision that Her Interactive has ever made. What on earth are they thinking???
                      Last edited by Tedbear2; November 14th, 2014, 05:23 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sign me up please!

                        Disappointed doesn't begin to express how I feel about this. I know for a fact that she should've been treated better. She has given her talent to Nancy, as well as other characters, and helped the company extremely. When I read a Nancy Drew book, I hear Lani Minella's voice. She perfectly embodies Nancy Drew, and I can't imagine anyone replacing her.

                        While I understand HeR may want to try experimenting and broadening their games (I have heard that sales have gone down), this is the worst possible way to do so.

                        And, I'm pretty sure Megan Gaiser wouldn't approve of this. Just putting that out there.
                        But, Thornton Hall isn’t exactly a breath of fresh air.
                        The murky air and the shadows that followed only seemed to muddle my brain more.
                        The possibility that Clara’s death was not murder was starting to become more than a plain consideration.
                        <<.return home.>> is coming back to the alternate ending boards
                        SEPTEMBER

                        (in the meanwhile, catch up on chapters 1-9 here)
                        stay tuned... ;-)

                        mylo

                        prayers for the world

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lost+Dreaming View Post
                          No disrespect meant, but we are upset about Lani no longer voicing Nancy Drew. Thus, to say that she will continue to be a part of the HER team "albeit in a different capacity than in the past" is not a helpful response.
                          Ditto.
                          Originally posted by Dare_To_PlayND View Post
                          Ok HeR, I'm probably gonna come off as rude here, but will you please just give us an answer that you took time to think out and type instead of that copy and paste message?! It's not doing anything other than making us more annoyed than we already are. I think we can all agree that you owe us an explaination. Big time. Please, we just wanna know why you did what you did
                          Ditto.
                          Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                          that cut and paste response about Lani being forever part of the Her family is also the same response they are giving to every facebook post. This is the type of things that all corporations write when they make an unpopular decision. I doubt Lani will be doing any voice work for Her in the future.

                          Her used to be a kind of cool, indie company, now it just seems like all their responses are written by lawyers and totally corporate.
                          Ditto.

                          This is also the EXACT SAME response being given on the Amateur Sleuth blog as well. I also mean no disrespect, but I'm sick of seeing the same message over and over again. It isn't addressing our concerns. I thought that HeR was better than this. It's really making me question the new leadership...
                          Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company Seastar Panda Phillip the Pygmypuff Stardust Spock Albert the Sheepigator Count Vismak
                          ............_____
                          ........,-:` \;',`'-,
                          .......'-;_,; .':-;_,'.
                          .... /;.. '/....,.._`.-\ ........ The Earth without art would be
                          ....| '`. (`.... /` ` \`|
                          ....|:...`\`-... \_.. / | .................... " |¯ .. |_| "
                          ....|.... (.. `,...`\ ;'| ...................... |_ .. | |.
                          .... \.... | .'.... `-'/
                          ......`... ;/.........'
                          ..jgs.. `'-._____.-'`

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mysterylover11 View Post
                            Sign me up please!

                            Disappointed doesn't begin to express how I feel about this. I know for a fact that she should've been treated better. She has given her talent to Nancy, as well as other characters, and helped the company extremely. When I read a Nancy Drew book, I hear Lani Minella's voice. She perfectly embodies Nancy Drew, and I can't imagine anyone replacing her.

                            While I understand HeR may want to try experimenting and broadening their games (I have heard that sales have gone down), this is the worst possible way to do so.

                            And, I'm pretty sure Megan Gaiser wouldn't approve of this. Just putting that out there.
                            Couldn't agree more. She has been making it clear on her twitter that she was fired. I just don't understand why HeR thinks this will boost sales. If anything, a lot of people might leave. I just don't understand their logic.

                            Originally posted by Royal Payne View Post


                            This is also the EXACT SAME response being given on the Amateur Sleuth blog as well. I also mean no disrespect, but I'm sick of seeing the same message over and over again. It isn't addressing our concerns. I thought that HeR was better than this. It's really making me question the new leadership...
                            Couldn't agree more. Giving that message doesn't say anything or give any information at all. I thought HeR was better than that. I know they want to make sales, but HeR Nancy Drew games are #1 every year in units and they sell 9 million units world wide. It's not like things weren't going well. But after the past few games, I heard (from another sleuth on this board) that sales have gone down. Do they really think that changing Nancy's voice will help anything? No. Her voice has nothing to do with sales going down. It's because of all the new changes that have been made and lack of plot. A drastic change that will make lots of fans walk away, will only make things worse.

                            And just saying, no disrespect meant, saying that someone who is being fired will always be part of the HeR family, really doesn't sound like family to me.
                            Last edited by ndtwister; November 14th, 2014, 09:00 PM.
                            Hollywood Nights... .. -:|:-
                            .. -:|:- ..............,•*¨¯¨*•, ...... -:|:-
                            ......,•*¨¯¨*•, .....',¸¸,• .....`•. ................•´¯)
                            .....( ... •,¸¸,'.. -:|:- . ..........`×.,¸__¸,.×´ ..•´
                            ......`•. ...................,•*¨¯¨*•, ...........•´
                            ..........`•. ....`•. ....',¸¸,• ....). -:|:- ( ..............,•*¨¯¨*•,
                            .. -:|:- .....`•. . `•. `×.,¸__¸,.×´ .........`×.,¸__¸,.×´ ... •,¸¸,'
                            ..................`•.¸_) .....................................-:|:-

                            ©L.bulldog + Tigerpaw

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Royal Payne View Post

                              Ditto.

                              Ditto.

                              Ditto.

                              This is also the EXACT SAME response being given on the Amateur Sleuth blog as well. I also mean no disrespect, but I'm sick of seeing the same message over and over again. It isn't addressing our concerns. I thought that HeR was better than this. It's really making me question the new leadership...
                              Ditto to all these dittos! :) HeR, I love you, you have made 31 AWESOME games, but this response is not what we deserve. Any news with the Twitter party today guys?
                              To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

                              My threads:

                              R4JC!!
                              Olivia Trey Penelope

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X