• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    NDsolver<3

• NDsolver<3
    replied

I will miss Lani every much!
    I can't think of anyone else to be the voice for Nancy! but I hope HeR picks a good person for Nancy's new voice actor!

Leave a comment:

• MoMiMaMa

• MoMiMaMa
    replied
    Keep Lani Minella as the voice of Nancy Drew

Lani Minella is Nancy Drew to many of us who own all of the games. She is a wonderful talent. Even becoming other voices - parrot in Blackmoor Manor. Would like to know what Ms. Minella's intake is on this. Did she have any say? It is unfortunate that HerInteractive has decided to shelve her like an old game.

Leave a comment:

• Marsa

• Marsa
    replied
    Originally posted by Tedbear2 View Post
    Reading over the posts on Facebook on this issue, Her Interactive said this (as part of a response to a lengthy post about the wish that Lani Minella would not be replaced):

"We always have the best interests of our fans in mind."

Sad to say, I have a hard time believing this now. Getting rid of THE Nancy Drew for the past 15-16 years - please tell me, how does this show a concern for the best interests of the players?

Rather, I feel that by doing what they have done, it demonstrates a total contradiction of their above statement.
    What what what. Which fans are they talking about? I've actually seen tons of posts on Facebook from fans who say that ND 32 shall be their last.
    The least we deserve is a proper explanation.

~Purple

Leave a comment:

• Ndfan1234

• Ndfan1234
    replied
    I agree! They do not have our best interests at heart now! I even thought of that exact same expression, Penelope! If something isn't broke, don't fix it :P

I too am debating whether I will buy ND33. We'll have to see when we get there. But the more silence we have from HeR, the more I will not want to continue, and that devastates me.

Leave a comment:

• Miley133

• Miley133
    replied
    Reading over the posts on Facebook on this issue, Her Interactive said this (as part of a response to a lengthy post about the wish that Lani Minella would not be replaced):

Sad to say, I have a hard time believing this now. Getting rid of THE Nancy Drew for the past 15-16 years - please tell me, how does this show a concern for the best interests of the players?

Rather, I feel that by doing what they have done, it demonstrates a total contradiction of their above statement.
    YES!! This decision makes me feel like they couldn't care less about us, our opinions, the character of Nancy or Lani Minella. For a company that claims to listen to their fans and care about them so much, they aren't listening and I feel betrayed and sick to my stomach over this. This is NOT okay and NOBODY is happy about this decision.

--Derek

Leave a comment:

• Royal Payne

• Royal Payne
    replied

Agreed completely. If they think they have 'the best interests of the fans in mind', then perhaps they should take a look at this thread and the petition and rethink that statement. All they've done is devastate us.

Leave a comment:

• Tedbear2

• Tedbear2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Royal Payne

• Royal Payne
    replied
    The only reason that I and my dad (he isn't a fan of the games, but I asked for his input anyways ) can come up with is that they are trying to find someone else who will do the voice for less money or something. But this doesn't really make much sense because they will probably loose more money by not having Lani's voice since many fans (including myself) are debating whether to even buy a game without her voice. This all doesn't make any sense. If something isn't broken, why try to fix it?

As you guys have said: We deserve a better explaination!

Edit: Spent too much time composing my post. So the hashtag didn't trend? That's sad...
    Royal Payne
    Last edited by Royal Payne; November 14, 2014, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nancycluedrew

• nancycluedrew
    replied
    Same. I really hope HER addresses this. They don't have to tell us everything, but I hope they can explain why this has happened, and what is meant by "needing a bigger audience and trying different things" (to quote Lani). I think these are things that need to be explained.

Leave a comment:

• Tedbear2

• Tedbear2
    replied
    I attended the Twitter party today and, unless I missed something, there was no mention of Lani Minella and the discontinuation of her voicework as Nancy Drew.

I really hope that HER doesn't just try to sweep this under the carpet like it's no big deal. It's a very big deal to get rid of the star of the ND games for the past 15-16 years. And, for me, Lani Minella is synonymous with Nancy Drew and I expect a real explanation. I will be extremely disappointed with Her Interactive if no real and understandable explanation (i.e., an explanation that makes sense) isn't forthcoming.

Leave a comment:

• Ndfan1234

• Ndfan1234
    replied
    Originally posted by Royal Payne View Post

Ditto.

Ditto.

Ditto.

This is also the EXACT SAME response being given on the Amateur Sleuth blog as well. I also mean no disrespect, but I'm sick of seeing the same message over and over again. It isn't addressing our concerns. I thought that HeR was better than this. It's really making me question the new leadership...
    Ditto to all these dittos! :) HeR, I love you, you have made 31 AWESOME games, but this response is not what we deserve. Any news with the Twitter party today guys?

Leave a comment:

• ndtwister

• ndtwister
    replied
    Originally posted by mysterylover11 View Post
    Sign me up please!

Disappointed doesn't begin to express how I feel about this. I know for a fact that she should've been treated better. She has given her talent to Nancy, as well as other characters, and helped the company extremely. When I read a Nancy Drew book, I hear Lani Minella's voice. She perfectly embodies Nancy Drew, and I can't imagine anyone replacing her.

While I understand HeR may want to try experimenting and broadening their games (I have heard that sales have gone down), this is the worst possible way to do so.

And, I'm pretty sure Megan Gaiser wouldn't approve of this. Just putting that out there.
    Couldn't agree more. She has been making it clear on her twitter that she was fired. I just don't understand why HeR thinks this will boost sales. If anything, a lot of people might leave. I just don't understand their logic.

Originally posted by Royal Payne View Post

This is also the EXACT SAME response being given on the Amateur Sleuth blog as well. I also mean no disrespect, but I'm sick of seeing the same message over and over again. It isn't addressing our concerns. I thought that HeR was better than this. It's really making me question the new leadership...
    Couldn't agree more. Giving that message doesn't say anything or give any information at all. I thought HeR was better than that. I know they want to make sales, but HeR Nancy Drew games are #1 every year in units and they sell 9 million units world wide. It's not like things weren't going well. But after the past few games, I heard (from another sleuth on this board) that sales have gone down. Do they really think that changing Nancy's voice will help anything? No. Her voice has nothing to do with sales going down. It's because of all the new changes that have been made and lack of plot. A drastic change that will make lots of fans walk away, will only make things worse.

And just saying, no disrespect meant, saying that someone who is being fired will always be part of the HeR family, really doesn't sound like family to me.
    ndtwister
    Last edited by ndtwister; November 14, 2014, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Royal Payne

• Royal Payne
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost+Dreaming View Post
    No disrespect meant, but we are upset about Lani no longer voicing Nancy Drew. Thus, to say that she will continue to be a part of the HER team "albeit in a different capacity than in the past" is not a helpful response.
    Ditto.
    Originally posted by Dare_To_PlayND View Post
    Ok HeR, I'm probably gonna come off as rude here, but will you please just give us an answer that you took time to think out and type instead of that copy and paste message?! It's not doing anything other than making us more annoyed than we already are. I think we can all agree that you owe us an explaination. Big time. Please, we just wanna know why you did what you did
    Ditto.
    Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
    that cut and paste response about Lani being forever part of the Her family is also the same response they are giving to every facebook post. This is the type of things that all corporations write when they make an unpopular decision. I doubt Lani will be doing any voice work for Her in the future.

Her used to be a kind of cool, indie company, now it just seems like all their responses are written by lawyers and totally corporate.
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• mysterylover11

• mysterylover11
    replied
    Sign me up please!

Disappointed doesn't begin to express how I feel about this. I know for a fact that she should've been treated better. She has given her talent to Nancy, as well as other characters, and helped the company extremely. When I read a Nancy Drew book, I hear Lani Minella's voice. She perfectly embodies Nancy Drew, and I can't imagine anyone replacing her.

While I understand HeR may want to try experimenting and broadening their games (I have heard that sales have gone down), this is the worst possible way to do so.

And, I'm pretty sure Megan Gaiser wouldn't approve of this. Just putting that out there.

Leave a comment:

• Tedbear2

• Tedbear2
    replied
    Originally posted by Dare_To_PlayND View Post
    Lani Minella has provided the iconic voice of Nancy Drew since the very beginning. That's fifteen years. And now she's been fired. That is just unacceptable. Not only is it a huge blow to the fanbase, but it's extremely disrespectful to Lani. Fifteen years of service and this is her reward? Awful. I think Lani should be rehired. I know for a fact that if anything, a new voice actress will cause a tremendous drop in sales. Lani is our Nancy. No one can replace her. HeR obviously isn't gonna rehire her if we don't give them a reason to. So let's do this. Let's get our Nancy back!!
    I agree. Lani Minella is a HUGE voice talent, and I am VERY disappointed (incredulous, really) that Her Interactive would think replacing her to be a good move on their part. Lani has done voiceovers for dozens, hundreds even, of games other than Nancy Drew, and all done to perfection. To get rid of Lani Minella is beyond foolishness; the company is incredibly lucky and fortunate to have had her doing the voicework for Nancy Drew for so long. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone could have so much as even contemplated replacing her, let alone actually doing it. It's just outrageous.

I'm the biggest Nancy Drew games fan there is, but I have to say that this is absolutely, without a doubt, the worst decision that Her Interactive has ever made. What on earth are they thinking???
    Tedbear2
    Last edited by Tedbear2; November 14, 2014, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X