X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tator_Tot
    replied
    Originally posted by magovani View Post
    I apologize if I sound harsh, but I still feel sick and livid about this. I feel worse about it today than I did yesterday, in fact. It's almost as if I'm going to be losing a very good friend.

HeR has already taken one "new direction." As far as I'm concerned, they went right off a cliff with MED. This is the main reason I haven't bought LIE. I no longer trust HeR Interactive and at this point, I'd rather spend my time and money elsewhere. Loss of trust is one of the worst things that can happen in a relationship, and once it's lost, it can be difficult (if not impossible) to get back.

I'm unable to even guess what HeR is trying to do to poor Nancy. Why mess with success? They seem to be taking a winning formula and tossing it right out the window.

And now, the imminent departure of Lani Minella will be casting a pall over LIE and the upcoming Sea of Darkness. I'm not sure I'll even be playing them. I feel utterly betrayed by HeR Interactive. I never imagined they could do something like this.

I definitely don't intend to play any Nancy Drew games in which Lani doesn't voice Nancy. HeR can just go off in its "new direction." I'll be going out the door and I won't be back. At least I'll have the earlier games to replay and enjoy. I'm especially grateful for that now.

Shame on you for what you're doing, HeR Interactive. Shame, shame, shame.
    Exactly HeR, stop messing with success! You are going to lose so many loyal customers! I, too, feel very betrayed, I never thought this would happen.

Leave a comment:

• DPL_93
    replied
    Since Lani it wasn't for financial reasons or personal reasons just that HeR wanted "different direction" it makes no sense at all to get rid of her. If they wanted something different she could change her voice up. If you compare SKC with LIE they are different the voice of Nancy has changed over the years.

Personally I think HeR have done this for financial reasons, the same reason they got rid of employees and outsourced. But they think they can convince us with the "Different/New Direction" story. I feel like HeR is trying to convince us what we want instead of asking us.

Honestly I can put up with all the changes HeR has made of the years because things can't stay the same for ever, but HeR getting rid of Lani has actually made me think twice about continuing to buy the games. I will be buying SEA but after that I'm not so sure.

Leave a comment:

• rjmj
    replied
    I agree with AnimeMonkee that there should be a more detailed explanation for the change. The situation kind of reminds me of a mother who says to her child "because I said so" and the kid never knows the real reason behind it. But all in all, I'll roll with changes as long as the games in concept generally stay the same and continue in production.

Leave a comment:

• AnimeMonkee
    replied
    Message to HeRinteractive

HeRinteractive,

I have been a fan of the Nancy Drew games since I was a kid and through all those years I have played (and enjoyed) every Nancy Drew game you've made.
    I've understood the changes you've made over the years and I also understand that change is needed, especially since it has been around for so long. (If you stick with the same thing over and over again it can get very boring very quick) While others have complained, I've seen the new games as another fun adventure with my favorite female detective and I love that you are putting a lot more emotion into the newer ones. (the older games were almost entirely about the mystery and the puzzles while the new ones are a lot more about the characters and their motivations)

But I do think it would be wise for you to give the fans a full explanation as to why you decided to get a new voice actress for Nancy.
    When people don't understand something or they feel that something is being kept from them they tend to feel upset or betrayed. Some people are going to be angry whenever there is change. (humans hate change) That's unavoidable. But not fully explaining your reason behind it so that the fans understand why it's happening will only give rise to unnecessary confusion and anger.

I will continue to buy your games. I will always be a fan of them. And I wish whoever ends up voicing Nancy Drew in the future the best of luck.
    But if you are truly worried about not having enough sales, than like I said, give the fans a full and detailed explanation. Or better yet. On your YouTube channel make a video that answers the fans' questions about it. If you do this, I guarantee that you will get a very positive response.

I hope that you will read this and take my words into consideration. I only want to help and watch your awesome games continue on and grow. If you never read this, than at least I tried.

~AnimeMonkee
    Last edited by AnimeMonkee; April 21, 2015, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nancycluedrew
    replied
    Originally posted by SleuthinItOut View Post
    I agree that HER has really declined in their games and it was an especially poor decision to get rid of such an awesome voice actor. I really do feel like the new CEO and possibly some people in the company either did not like the old games, which is hard to believe, or they just never played them and got to know the Nancy us fans/customers knew and loved. The second belief seems a lot more believable to me. Although I'm not saying it has to be true, it just makes sense to me as to why the newer games feel so lackluster.
    I find it hard to believe they don't like the older games - The new CEO herself says in the about me section, DAN is her favourite, and that's an older game. Also, the CEO worked for ten years on the board of directors of HER Interactive before becoming CEO. I think she knows the company pretty well, and the games themselves very well. I think HER has been trying new things out, and personally, I liked the direction they went in for SPY, and GTH - Those two felt like the older games while still being very modern. LIE is also very good, and reminded me of SSH, but again, felt very modern and fresh. I wish they would just stick to that, rather than changing Nancy's voice, and other things. Just focus on the path they're already on.

Leave a comment:

• magovani
    replied
    Originally posted by DolphinStarr View Post

Magovani, you have an excellent grasp of writing succently and clearly. Thank you for your truthful statements on this matter. I wanted to add to this point, as I did similarly on the other thread. With this change, which seems sadly to be unchangeable, there is no longer the ND Adventure Series #1-#32. It will be a new series of Nancy Drew Games, because of the "new direction" so they better rebrand it as such. Otherwise, it will be a major downgrade to the series and insult to those who enjoy the multitude of games before. And possibly, a given disappointment to those who had knowledge and/or interest in the games due to recommendations. Which in turn after Lani's last game, they will be presented with, "what? who? why?". I guess we'll just have to wait and see. . .
    Wow, thanks for the compliment, DolphinStarr!

Maybe they should call the first game after Lani's departure Nancy Who?The Mystery of the Vanishing Voice.

Leave a comment:

• DolphinStarr
    replied
    I'm unable to even guess what HeR is trying to do to poor Nancy. Why mess with success? They seem to be taking a winning formula and tossing it right out the window.

And now, the imminent departure of Lani Minella will be casting a pall over LIE and the upcoming Sea of Darkness. I'm not sure I'll even be playing them. I feel utterly betrayed by HeR Interactive. I never imagined they could do something like this.

I definitely don't intend to play any Nancy Drew games in which Lani doesn't voice Nancy. HeR can just go off in its "new direction." I'll be going out the door and I won't be back. At least I'll have the earlier games to replay and enjoy. I'm especially grateful for that now.

Magovani, you have an excellent grasp of writing succently and clearly. Thank you for your truthful statements on this matter. I wanted to add to this point, as I did similarly on the other thread. With this change, which seems sadly to be unchangeable, there is no longer the ND Adventure Series #1-#32. It will be a new series of Nancy Drew Games, because of the "new direction" so they better rebrand it as such. Otherwise, it will be a major downgrade to the series and insult to those who enjoy the multitude of games before. And possibly, a given disappointment to those who had knowledge and/or interest in the games due to recommendations. Which in turn after Lani's last game, they will be presented with, "what? who? why?". I guess we'll just have to wait and see. . .
    Last edited by DolphinStarr; January 6, 2015, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SleuthinItOut
    replied
    I agree that HER has really declined in their games and it was an especially poor decision to get rid of such an awesome voice actor. I really do feel like the new CEO and possibly some people in the company either did not like the old games, which is hard to believe, or they just never played them and got to know the Nancy us fans/customers knew and loved. The second belief seems a lot more believable to me. Although I'm not saying it has to be true, it just makes sense to me as to why the newer games feel so lackluster.
    Last edited by SleuthinItOut; January 6, 2015, 08:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tedbear2
    replied
    I feel utterly betrayed by HeR Interactive. I never imagined they could do something like this.

I've known about this decision since November, and I still feel upset by it - I don't think that will ever change.

Leave a comment:

• NDsolver<3
    replied
    Agreed with what Magovani said!
    Last edited by NDsolver<3; January 6, 2015, 04:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• magovani
    replied
    Originally posted by SleuthinItOut View Post
    Good points, unfortunately Lani has for sure been asked to leave/fired by HER. She posted a lot about it on her twitter page and responded to many loyal fans. HER says they want to "take a new direction" and that new direction already looks like its going to be bad. Seems as if your like me and many others in that we dont want a "new direction" but have been longing for the old one.
    I apologize if I sound harsh, but I still feel sick and livid about this. I feel worse about it today than I did yesterday, in fact. It's almost as if I'm going to be losing a very good friend.

HeR has already taken one "new direction." As far as I'm concerned, they went right off a cliff with MED. This is the main reason I haven't bought LIE. I no longer trust HeR Interactive and at this point, I'd rather spend my time and money elsewhere. Loss of trust is one of the worst things that can happen in a relationship, and once it's lost, it can be difficult (if not impossible) to get back.

Leave a comment:

• SleuthinItOut
    replied
    Okay, that does it. I've just found out about this and I'm completely aghast.

I've stuck with HeR Interactive through various changes, some of which have been tolerable and others I haven't cared for at all. Remember when Nancy's theme music disappeared? Back then, at least HeR was good enough to listen to fans and put it back.

I've stuck with HeR through recent games of uneven quality, including clunkers such as The Shattered Medallion.

In the old days, I'd buy new Nancy Drew games without knowing anything about them. Such was the strength of my faith in HeR Interactive to consistently turn out quality games. I was never disappointed.

When quality started to waiver, I still bought Nancy Drew games. Some had that old spark that makes the games so special; others have been disappointing. I currently have every game except Labyrinth of Lies.

Recently, I started re-playing some of the older games. I haven't played them in years, and I'd forgotten how wonderful they are. They may have clunky interfaces but IMO, they're superior to the Nancy Drew games of today.

Back to the issue at hand, it's one thing if this is Lani Minella's decision. But somehow, I don't think it is. If it isn't, HeR Interactive is hitting way below the belt, not to mention slapping loyal fans right in the face.

To me, Lani is Nancy Drew. Nancy's voice isn't broken, but it appears that HeR Interactive is going to fix it anyway. Well, that'll be it for me. I'm through sticking with HeR Interactive. If Lani Minella goes, so do I.

Good points, unfortunately Lani has for sure been asked to leave/fired by HER. She posted a lot about it on her twitter page and responded to many loyal fans. HER says they want to "take a new direction" and that new direction already looks like its going to be bad. Seems as if your like me and many others in that we dont want a "new direction" but have been longing for the old one.

Leave a comment:

• magovani
    replied
    Okay, that does it. I've just found out about this and I'm completely aghast.

I've stuck with HeR Interactive through various changes, some of which have been tolerable and others I haven't cared for at all. Remember when Nancy's theme music disappeared? Back then, at least HeR was good enough to listen to fans and put it back.

I've stuck with HeR through recent games of uneven quality, including clunkers such as The Shattered Medallion.

In the old days, I'd buy new Nancy Drew games without knowing anything about them. Such was the strength of my faith in HeR Interactive to consistently turn out quality games. I was never disappointed.

When quality started to waiver, I still bought Nancy Drew games. Some had that old spark that makes the games so special; others have been disappointing. I currently have every game except Labyrinth of Lies.

Recently, I started re-playing some of the older games. I haven't played them in years, and I'd forgotten how wonderful they are. They may have clunky interfaces but IMO, they're superior to the Nancy Drew games of today.

Back to the issue at hand, it's one thing if this is Lani Minella's decision. But somehow, I don't think it is. If it isn't, HeR Interactive is hitting way below the belt, not to mention slapping loyal fans right in the face.

To me, Lani is Nancy Drew. Nancy's voice isn't broken, but it appears that HeR Interactive is going to fix it anyway. Well, that'll be it for me. I'm through sticking with HeR Interactive. If Lani Minella goes, so do I.

Leave a comment:

• Sensible
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperSonik View Post
    If this is a petition, Sign me up I completely agree
    Yes! Same here!

Leave a comment:

• SuperSonik
    replied
    If this is a petition, Sign me up I completely agree

Leave a comment:

Working...