Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firing Lani is not going to give HER a larger audience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dare_To_PlayND View Post
    The only thing I have to say about this whole thing is that if HeR thinks this will draw in a larger audience, I'm sorry, but they're sadly mistaken. HeR, right now, you're not gaining fans. You're losing them. Myself very likely included. You guys have always said that you listen to and care about us. Where's that love and care right now, huh?
    Totally agree with everything you said!
    Cause if I don't like what I see in ND33 then I'm sorry but bye bye Nancy Drew!
    I wouldn't want it to be that way...but if I don't like what HeR has planed then it's going to be that way!
    ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
    (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
    .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
    ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
    ..( ..)
    c('')('')

Comment

A few years ago, another company made a Hardy Boys game with Jesse McCartney and Cody Linley as the voices for Frank & Joe and the game flopped horribly. If two famous actors can't sell a video game to their fans, I don't see how changing Nancy's voice is going to increase HeR's audience. Lani has contributed her voice to nearly 500 different projects, not just video games, and actually has a bit of a following in other gaming circles because of her work on other series. It is far more likely that she will come out of this split better than HeR. She's been voicing video games since before HeR was even its own division of American Laser Games. She is truly the master of her craft. HeR really needs to release a statement on this matter.
      Last edited by ChicaMisteriosa; November 27, 2014, 07:33 PM.
      SCK STFD MHM TRT FIN
      SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA
      CUR CLK TRN DAN CRE
      ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN
      WAV TOT SAW CAP ASH
      TMB DEDGTH SPY MED

SCK2 LCC RED iSHA

...How? I Dare to Play

Do you have concerns about MID? Ask HeR for a demo

Comment

I can't agree more with all of your replies.. I'm so happy all of you feel the same as I do.

Yes, the thing that truly kills me is that they didn't have to fire Lani, they chose too. ND games have been lacking lately, that's no secret, Does it occur to HeR that maybe they should try and make the games better instead of getting rid of one of the best things about them? This isn't going to attract any fans, and if they don't change their decision, I'm boycotting these games until Lani comes back.
        Niacin.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestone View Post
          This isn't going to attract any fans, and if they don't change their decision, I'm boycotting these games until Lani comes back.
          I really don't think Lani is going to come back, no matter how much we kick and scream (like I said earlier though, it doesn't hurt to try and make it happen). Unfortunately, I think that boycotting HER is the only way to really make them hear us (money talks), but I doubt that enough people will actually do that to make much of an impact. I think that this will all blow over soon enough and HER will not really feel any repercussions for their actions. It's nice to at least vent some very old frustrations with others who feel the same.

Because I really don't think that HER will really have much of a consequence (I am actually hoping that their sales take a nosedive from this- sure business is business, but Lani was so great and just CHOOSING to fire your best voice actor after 15 years with basically no warning is just such a *jerk* move), I am hoping that whoever this new CEO is actually has some vision and gets the rest of HER back on track. They've been floundering for a long time now; I'm not surprised that their sales are down. I don't understand how they never saw that once they started putting stupid things in the games and making them super gimmicky that everyone started complaining, or why they never did anything about it.

Sorry if all that was a bit confused; I'm a bit confused myself!
          Last edited by Goosey; November 25, 2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

As some people have noted, I think the only way to make them reconsider Lani is to boycott their games. They are a business after all, if we all boycott the games they will have to rehire Lani. I honestly don't feel bad about not buying the games after SEA. HER has proved that they are above all interested in money rather than their fans. Yes, HER obviously has to care about money, but it doesn't have to be their primary concern, and changing voice actresses will not make them more money. However, producing higher quality games will. I seriously don't understand their rational for this decision.
            [Stop homophobia]

Comment

I'm sorry but how is a boycott going to do anything other than actually cause Her to go out of business -_- I would guess they're already on their way to going out of business, I mean they cut Kevin Manthei 'cause of costs and I bet that's part of why they're sadly replacing Lani

Comment

I have always liked to give HeR the benefit of the doubt, and there isn't a game in the series that I haven't loved and played over and over. I stuck with them even when games like RAN, TOT, TMB, and MED came out, which most people hated, though I enjoyed them for the most part. I just feel like this really has broken a huge trust bond I had with HeR. I thought I could always count on them to make a great game, even when it isn't as widely liked as others. However, right now, it appears as though SEA could very well be my last game, and that makes me sad. And mad. Mad and sad. When I think back over the ten or so years of playing Nancy Drew, it takes up a good chunk of my life and is an era full of memory and nostalgia. Though I love the recent games, I still am not getting that same nostalgia. We all have wished they could make a return to classic games, and I know they have tried and come close with GTH and LIE, but it's still not the same. And without Lani and in a supposedly new direction, I just feel that this could be the end of my ND era, which is heartbreaking. I don't like what HeR is doing now, and without a real statement from them, I just can't help but feel left in the dust by HeR, as I'm sure all of us here, the die hard fans do. Apparently we don't matter anymore. I don't even know if this little rant has even made sense, it's just all so confusing right now about where I stand and where HeR stands, and it really all depends on their next move. I'll be holding my breath about what comes next, and hopefully we'll get some info soon.
                To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Payne View Post
                  Firestone: Completely agreed. Funny thing is, after playing LIE, I actually thought that HeR was heading in the right direction. I really enjoyed playing it and am currently replaying it, and I haven't enjoyed replaying a game this much since GTH. And just when I felt like faith in HeR was restored and all was well, to quote Brenda Carlton: “WHAM! See you at eleven ‘cause you just got nined!” I was hoping at first that it was all some sort of belated twisted Halloween trick. This is so disheartening.

I agree after playing LIE I was thinking wow HER is about to get back on track, they took into account many of our suggestions and Lie was a pretty solid game but then this..... I'm still confused....

I thought they were going back to the winning formula but then suddenly that want to change everything. They are firing - "letting go" - the person who voiced Nancy for the entire series - Lani's voice IS a representation of of the series - So by getting rid of her to me it's like saying they are completely about to get rid of what this game series has been. I feel like we are about to be in for a BIG change because they want to "draw in a larger audience" and go in a "new direction".

Getting rid on Lani to symbolically says getting rid of what the Nancy drew series means and is.
                  It seems they are about to rewrite the pages and - as much as it saddens me to say it - yes I think they might Reboot the series totally to try to get this new hypothetical fan base.
                  ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
                  ★☆██████╗ /./.██████╗
                  ★☆██╔══██╗.██╔════╝
                  ★☆██║.....██║██║
                  ★☆██║ ... ██║██║
                  ★☆██████╔╝╚██████╗
                  ★☆╚═════╝ //.╚═════╝
                  ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
                  COMICS

Comment

Like I mentioned on another post, Lani Minella replied to a Tweet on Twitter about our petition that we have going on. She says, "I have doubts but who konws? Thanks so much for your kind support!"
                    So what I'm going to do is make a list of all the signers this weekend and send them in an email to HeR. Does anybody think that's a good idea? Cause honestly, the signers on the boards are perhaps a 100 odd fans who probably won't play the games anymore. But we represent only a very small population of the fan base that is also fuming. My sister showed me some stuff on Facebook and I'm honestly amazed by the growing numbers of people who say they aren't going to play the games anymore.
                    I'm quite sure that the moderators of their Facebook page have seen their messages and the admins have seen their emails. I think it is honestly high time for them to let us know exactly what their ideas are. If they really think they're going to increase their fan base, we need to know their reason why. We've voiced our problems, and if they really don't see how this is affecting us... I'm quite appalled.

~Purple
                    Omg, where on earth have I been? I'm sorry I've been away from these boards forever. Life caught up with me.

BUT I'M BACK :D

Hello everyone.
                    Purple in the houseeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsa View Post
                      Like I mentioned on another post, Lani Minella replied to a Tweet on Twitter about our petition that we have going on. She says, "I have doubts but who konws? Thanks so much for your kind support!"
                      So what I'm going to do is make a list of all the signers this weekend and send them in an email to HeR. Does anybody think that's a good idea? Cause honestly, the signers on the boards are perhaps a 100 odd fans who probably won't play the games anymore. But we represent only a very small population of the fan base that is also fuming. My sister showed me some stuff on Facebook and I'm honestly amazed by the growing numbers of people who say they aren't going to play the games anymore.
                      I'm quite sure that the moderators of their Facebook page have seen their messages and the admins have seen their emails. I think it is honestly high time for them to let us know exactly what their ideas are. If they really think they're going to increase their fan base, we need to know their reason why. We've voiced our problems, and if they really don't see how this is affecting us... I'm quite appalled.

~Purple
                      Yes, I believe sending a list of the names is a great idea! I think the person who started the petition couldn't even keep up with it because there were so many names, lol. I feel like we need to show them how if you take away Lani, you basically take away the message boards, because the message boards right now are made up of the super loyal fans, while Facebook has a lot of the other fans. (Of course there's some overlap, but that's just how it appears to me. I could be wrong ) In summary, yes, go for it!
                      To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                      Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

Originally posted by Marsa View Post

~Purple
                        It wouldn't hurt to try!
                        ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
                        (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
                        .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
                        ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
                        ..( ..)
                        c('')('')

Comment

I would certainly encourage you to do this. And everyone write to Her Interactive as well, if you haven't already.

Comment

Marsa, it would be awesome if you could somehow get everyone from all the different communication channels on one list (Facebook, Twitter, the Forums, I'm sure there's more. A Google search on this topic would turn up lots, I think.) I'm not really into all of these things, but I'm sure you could find a way. Because just from reading bits and pieces from across the internet, the number must be staggering. There are forums on other websites that host the same opinions as here, and I do know that the Facebook, Twitter and other crowds have been very vocal.

I wish you luck!! It sounds like it may be quite a task, but if you can somehow get the word out across the multiple platforms, I'm sure you could pull it off.

Comment

She Came Known to people everywhere,
                              She Spoke To Fans in a Different way,
                              She Made Her Mark,
                              She Took Risks no other would Take,
                              To us Fans, she IS Nancy,
                              So She can't be replaced no matter how Hard you try,
                              She Did Over-acheivements that are too Great to match,
                              She Came And Repeated that every time,
                              She Did Ms. Drew's voice Incredibly,
                              She Has an Amazing voice,
                              She Can't be Underestimated or Replaced,
                              She Cared a Lot for her job, voicing a detective we Know,
                              She IS The Real Nancy,
                              She Does A Perfect job as Nancy,
                              She Can Really Entertain us, like no other actress could,
                              She Is Capable of doing Everything Nancy does,
                              You Can't Replace her if You try,
                              Her Voice is Everything Nancy is,
                              Her Acting is Unlike anyone else's,
                              Her voice is Radiant And Nice to hear,
                              We All Can agree she's the best,
                              she's one of The Only Things that keeps us playing the "bad" games,
                              She's Always been Wonderful,
                              We Can Always count on her to be Perfect,
                              Always Super, Her voice reigns,
                              She has The Most Beautiful Nancy voice imaginable,
                              She Does Everything Differently, that's what makes her great,
                              She Gives True fans Hope,
                              She'll Pull You away, as if wind were a small force,
                              Nancy Means Everything to her, Don't take that away,
                              Lani Is our Everything, Lani is Nancy.

*EDIT* AACK! I just realized I forgot GTH, I'm adding it in now. SO SORRY about that!
                              Last edited by JesusismyLord; November 29, 2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JesusismyLord View Post
                                She Came Known to people everywhere,
                                She Spoke To Fans in a Different way,
                                She Made Her Mark,
                                She Took Risks no other would Take,
                                To us Fans, she IS Nancy,
                                So She can't be replaced no matter how Hard you try,
                                She Did Over-acheivements that are too Great to match,
                                She Came And Repeated that every time,
                                She Did Ms. Drew's voice Incredibly,
                                She Has an Amazing voice,
                                She Can't be Underestimated or Replaced,
                                She Cared a Lot for her job, voicing a detective we Know,
                                She IS The Real Nancy,
                                She Does A Perfect job as Nancy,
                                She Can Really Entertain us, like no other actress could,
                                She Is Capable of doing Everything Nancy does,
                                You Can't Replace her if You try,
                                Her Voice is Everything Nancy is,
                                Her Acting is Unlike anyone else's,
                                Her voice is Radiant And Nice to hear,
                                We All Can agree she's the best,
                                she's one of The Only Things that keeps us playing the "bad" games,
                                She's Always been Wonderful,
                                We Can Always count on her to be Perfect,
                                Always Super, Her voice reigns,
                                She has The Most Beautiful Nancy voice imaginable,
                                She Does Everything Differently, that's what makes her great,
                                She'll Pull You away, as if wind were a small force,
                                Nancy Means Everything to her, Don't take that away,
                                Lani Is our Everything, Lani is Nancy.
                                Wow, this is pretty cool! Great job with this poem, you're so right, Lani is Nancy. I just can't see myself playing the games with a different voice. Oh, btw, you forgot GTH ;) But great job!!! I would give you reps, but I have given you some too recently ;)

My threads:

R4JC!!
                                Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

Working...
                                X