Requesting a demo for MID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumos View Post
    sign me up too. i won't be purchasing this game if i am going to hear nancy's heals clicking the entire time because that sound is honestly very triggering to me. i don't understand why we need to hear her stomping around. i did not like that in the "upgraded" version of LIE and i need a demo to ultimately decide if i like the new engine. if a demo isn't released then i will watch arglefumph play and slay it.
    perhaps HeR could put something in the settings so you could toggle the footsteps on/off ect?

I wouldn't mind having a demo so sign me up great idea :)

Really all I would want to see in the demo is the main mechanics of the game e.g the interface, navigation, how to interview a suspect if thats changed ect.

Even if the demo was just done in Nancy's room like it is in done SEA that would be great and wouldn't spoil any of MID

Comment

I've been playing Nancy Drew for a long time and I'm not exactly thrilled about the changes but I am excited to see what will happen with the new game. I miss the demos too. I don't believe they really spoiled anything though with them. It would be awesome if they brought them back though. Add my name to the list too.

Comment

Originally posted by DPL_93 View Post
        perhaps HeR could put something in the settings so you could toggle the footsteps on/off ect?

I wouldn't mind having a demo so sign me up great idea :)

Really all I would want to see in the demo is the main mechanics of the game e.g the interface, navigation, how to interview a suspect if thats changed ect.

Even if the demo was just done in Nancy's room like it is in done SEA that would be great and wouldn't spoil any of MID
        Well said! Sign me up too.
        Punchy
        Last edited by Punchy; August 25, 2016, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Sign me up! I don't think Her should do this for all new games going forward, but it would probably be a good idea for this one. Even if it were just something like a tutorial like DPL_93 said in Nancy's room, I think that would really help. Personally, I will probably still buy the games going forward, but I know a lot of people have problems with motion sickness and such. I also agree with with Lumos: when in doubt, watch Arglefumph!
          (¯*¤.¸¤
          .`¤. Rock and Roll Dear
          .. ..) -Prof. Hotchkiss
          .... .,*¨¯¨*¤
          ..*._.¤

Comment

I would purchase the game regardless. I love Nancy Drew games, and I trust that HeR will do a great job whatever they end up doing.

As for the Demo, I wouldn't mind it. After all, for not giving us a Fall game, it would be the least they can do!

Maybe the demo could just be one room where Nancy can walk around and interact with objects. It would be more of an engine demo than an actual game demo. Maybe Nancy can look at items and be like "Whoops, I can't use that until the full game!" or "Hey, let's not get ahead of ourselves!"

If they make a demo, it should be funny and not take itself seriously. That's my two cents anyways.
            You are speaking with an
            Official Member of S.P.I.E.D.

Comment

I have a feeling that is HeR releases a demo for the game engine, Nancy wouldn't be talking. They made such a big deal with keeping the voice actress a secret that I doubt the demo, if there will in fact be one, will feature the new voice actress.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Muffin View Post
                I have a feeling that is HeR releases a demo for the game engine, Nancy wouldn't be talking. They made such a big deal with keeping the voice actress a secret that I doubt the demo, if there will in fact be one, will feature the new voice actress.
                You're probably right on that one.
                Which, if HeR doesn't make a demo for MID, then this would probably be one of the reasons for it.
                ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
                (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
                .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
                ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
                ..( ..)
                c('')('')

Comment

Once they figure out the interface and controls, they should just port the SEA tutorial of Nancy's room into Unity, polish it up and make it look like a final product and release that as a demo. They could even use the same sound files.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicaMisteriosa View Post
                    After seeing the video HeR uploaded to YouTube of what LIE would look like in Unity, I'm having some serious doubts about the future of the series. With all of the changes that have been happening lately, I don't want to spend money on a game that I'll end up hating. In the past, HeR would post a demo of their games on the website for fans to download about a month before they were released. I think they said they stopped because the demos were giving away too much about the games. This time around, I would gladly take some minor spoilers in exchange for having my confidence restored!

~Signatures~
                    ChicaMisteriosa
                    actress19
                    Miss.Moonhart
                    paperstreet
                    hedgie
                    NDfan1234
                    NDsolver<3
                    phoenix star
                    xXxStarxDustxXx
                    veja
                    Florana
                    GoNancyDrew
                    crazyforanimals
                    Lumos
                    DPL_93
                    Hi

We have documented your request for a demo of MID and will do our best to make that happen

Stay sleuthy!
                    KoKo*´¨)
                    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
                    (¸. •´ (¸. •´ *Fan

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo_fan View Post
                      Hi

We have documented your request for a demo of MID and will do our best to make that happen

Stay sleuthy!
                      Nice! Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix star View Post
                        Once they figure out the interface and controls, they should just port the SEA tutorial of Nancy's room into Unity, polish it up and make it look like a final product and release that as a demo. They could even use the same sound files.
                        That's actually a great idea! And thanks Koko Fan!
                        To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                        Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

Hi

Stay sleuthy!
                          Thank you! It's nice to see that HeR is paying attention to fans throughout their recent transitions.
                          SCK STFD MHM TRT FIN
                          SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA
                          CUR CLK TRN DAN CRE
                          ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN
                          WAV TOT SAW CAP ASH
                          TMB DEDGTH SPY MED

SCK2 LCC RED iSHA

...How? I Dare to Play

Do you have concerns about MID? Ask HeR for a demo

Comment

Hi

Stay sleuthy!
                            Any update with this?

Comment

Working...
                            X