Requesting a demo for MID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting a demo for MID

After seeing the video HeR uploaded to YouTube of what LIE would look like in Unity, I'm having some serious doubts about the future of the series. With all of the changes that have been happening lately, I don't want to spend money on a game that I'll end up hating. In the past, HeR would post a demo of their games on the website for fans to download about a month before they were released. I think they said they stopped because the demos were giving away too much about the games. This time around, I would gladly take some minor spoilers in exchange for having my confidence restored!

~Signatures~
    ChicaMisteriosa
    actress19
    Miss.Moonhart
    paperstreet
    hedgie
    NDfan1234
    NDsolver<3
    phoenix star
    xXxStarxDustxXx
    veja
    Florana
    GoNancyDrew
    crazyforanimals
    Lumos
    DPL_93
    Last edited by ChicaMisteriosa; September 24, 2015, 10:48 AM.
    SCK STFD MHM TRT FIN
    SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA
    CUR CLK TRN DAN CRE
    ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN
    WAV TOT SAW CAP ASH
    TMB DEDGTH SPY MED

SCK2 LCC RED iSHA

...How? I Dare to Play

Do you have concerns about MID? Ask HeR for a demo

Thanks for making a post about this! I'd like to add that I request this, too. If this is a petition, you can add my name!
    a . broken . heart . to . lie . forever
    ¸·*¨¯¨*·¸...under tattered sails and 'neath ..¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
    ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸(.....`·-·`...............a . blackened . sky ..............`·-·`.....)¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
    `·-·`.......` · . ¸ _)¯¨ * · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ , . · * ¨¯(_ ¸ . · `.......`·-·`

Currently playing: Danger on Deception Island
    Currently reading: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin...(Plus college textbooks. Noooo!)

Comment

This would be very much appreciated. It would be nice to know for sure if people like me, who have motion sickness, could play the game comfortably.
      I became insane
      With long intervals
      of terrible
      Sanity
      - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I think this is a good idea, because many people may leave bad reviews. it is better to be able to try it for yourself. it could be a nice change!

Comment

I would love a demo of the game. After viewing the video of LIE on the Unity platform, I was not pleased. I know it is a rough cut of how the game will be on the new platform, but the video made me very dizzy. If it is any example of how the new game will be, I am afraid I will be unable to play it ... or will have to play it in very, very short bursts, perhaps in 10-15 min. increments. That means it may take me a month to finish the game as opposed to a 1-2 weeks. Regardless, I will still end up buying the game but if we can get a demo, I will at least know what to expect.

Julesy
          Happy 91st Birthday,
          Nancy Drew!

Nancy Drew was born when The Secret of the Old Clock was published on April 28, 1930!

Comment

I'll probably buy it regardless... I don't get motion sickness, but I do agree a demo would be needed for this game because I know there'll be a lot of questions regarding movement when this game comes out So I'll sign :)
            To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
            Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

I agree about a demo for this game!
              ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
              (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
              .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
              ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
              ..( ..)
              c('')('')

Comment

They definitely should do one. They made them from DAN to SAW and I don't know why they stopped but MID would really need one with this big of a change so users and game review sites, etc. can know what to expect.

Comment

This is a really good idea since most fans are on edge about this game.

I'm all up for a demo, just so I have a feel for the new program (even if I'd buy the game anyway).

Comment

I loved the video for LIE and thought it gave a nice idea of what to expect but I always enjoy a demo. I know Her got a lot of complaints that the demos they did make gave away too much but I thought they were great!
                    He has showed you, O man, what is good.
                    And what does the LORD require of you?
                    To act justly and to love mercy
                    and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:8

Comment

i used to love the demo, it made the wait more exciting : ) i miss the build up there used to be with the old games (release a mini game, a demo, etc) now it just seems the game just ... releases : )

Comment

Add me. I didn't think I got motion sickness, but that demo was so hard to watch. I know HeR promised the new game will still be point and click, but I want to know for sure. With all the new things about the game, and especially with the delayed release date, I think they need the demo to keep people interested.

Comment

Please add me to the list! I think a demo would be great, especially since we have no idea when the actual game will come out.
                          ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
                          ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
                          .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
                          (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
                          `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
                          ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
                          ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
                          .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
                          ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
                          ............................................©ac

Comment

Sign me up!

Add my name to the list, please!
                            My advice to you would be
                            never go to bed angry. Stay up...
                            and plot you revenge!
                            ~Tim Hawkins~

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life" John 3:16
                            Candy Corn, Princess Emmy,and Thumper,say hello!

Comment

sign me up too. i won't be purchasing this game if i am going to hear nancy's heals clicking the entire time because that sound is honestly very triggering to me. i don't understand why we need to hear her stomping around. i did not like that in the "upgraded" version of LIE and i need a demo to ultimately decide if i like the new engine. if a demo isn't released then i will watch arglefumph play and slay it.
                              AWESOME SHIPS:
                              += Drarry

+= Harmony

*edited* <-- i did not do this!
                              + = Dramione

if u love dis site follow the SignatureContentRules becoz jesus wud do it.xoxo gossip girl
                              ra ven claw
                              a ready mind ; those of wit and learning ; LUMOS MCDRIZZLE
                              T
                              SOMETIMES I FALL DOWN THE STAIRS AT NIGHT

Comment

Working...
                              X