Nancy on the Titanic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nancy on the Titanic!

I know this has been talked about before, there was a petition for it floating around a while back but would this be a great idea?! Kind of like CLK and Nancy could go 'back in time' & be on the Titanic? Maybe not change history but there could be a sub plot, and Nancy knowing the ship will sink has to help before time runs out. What do you guys think??
    My must read in-depth reviews

SCK, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR, CRE, HAU, SAW, TOT

Currently playing: ICE

put ned on the titantic and nancy can have frank

Comment

Well clock wasn't back in time, it was the first ND mystery novel, and it portrayed how society lived when it was written. With the game being #12 in the series it may have felt like she was going back in time, but really she didn't...

Titanic however was way earlier than even that, so I'm not sure that it would work... Unless she actually did go back in time...? :/ But it's an interesting idea!
      Last edited by Scheherazade; March 15th, 2016, 05:27 PM.
      "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." -Matthew 7:7

Jeopardy! ND Style! R1 R3 Play my game! Name That ND Animal! A PBM Game

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix star View Post
        I fully support this

Comment

May be like "Bad times, Big Crimes," where Nancy has a dream she's on the Titanic, or a sequence of dreams that sets her off to solve a crime that was never solved.
          There's no point in
          Growing up
          If you can't act
          Childish
          Sometimes
          -Doctor Who the Fourth Doctor
          Sig Shop:

Comment

This is a fantastic idea! It'd be interesting to start a new game series spin-off of the normal ones and have her go back in time to various historical events, just like the Titanic!

Comment

Originally posted by here2seetheshow View Post
              I know this has been talked about before, there was a petition for it floating around a while back but would this be a great idea?! Kind of like CLK and Nancy could go 'back in time' & be on the Titanic? Maybe not change history but there could be a sub plot, and Nancy knowing the ship will sink has to help before time runs out. What do you guys think??
              I don't know that I want to see Nancy go back in time. And I'm REALLY not a fan of the old ploy of, "I woke up and it was just a dream."

Though that WOULD effectively kill the idea of substituting mini games on her phone for REAL mini games, which would be HIGHLY REFRESHING at this point.

But possibly a game centered around The Unsinkable Molly Brown or some other Titanic related thing? We've had submersibles in the game before, but I still enjoy the idea of Nancy exploring the wreck.

The only challenge I see with any of this is that there have been a lot of ND games that feature ships, ship wreckage, and so forth.

Comment

Wicked

Originally posted by here2seetheshow View Post
                its a good idea they should use it.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix star View Post
                  Hahahahaha! That's the best.

Actually, I think that there is a Nancy Drew Hardy Boys super mystery about the Titanic (I never read any of these, but I saw one when I was shopping for books once). The plotline is something about witnessing the raising of the Titanic, and Joe gets kidnapped, and Frank and Nancy have to find him. I would so go for this plotline! I'll try to find the book title.
                  Last edited by Juliana+Walter; September 7th, 2019, 11:44 AM.
                  "One True Friend to all who are frightened or lost,
                  Whether great or small never factor the cost,
                  Catch the tears that fall and melt the frost,
                  Leave no bridge uncrossed...….

One True Friend who'll stay, though all others may run,
                  keep the wolves at bay till the battle is won,
                  Fill the darkest day with blessed sun,
                  If you need someone.
                  ...He will be One True Friend"

Merry Christmas to all, and never forget the reason for the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Juliana+Walter View Post
                    Hahahahaha! That's the best.

Actually, I think that there is a Nancy Drew Hardy Boys super mystery about the Titanic (I never read any of these, but I saw one when I was shopping for books once). The plotline is something about witnessing the raising of the Titanic, and Joe gets kidnapped, and Frank and Nancy have to find him. I would so go for this plotline! I'll try to find the book title.
                    Yes, the book is #35 in the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Supermystery series. The title is Operation Titanic. I have the book! I haven't read it yet. Here is the synopsis at the back of the book:

Together with Bess, Nancy Drew is on a cruise to adventure -- a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness the raising of the Titanic. But she has uncovered evidence that their ship may be under threat -- from a rogue CIA agent! As they follow the Titanic's fateful course into the icy waters of the North Atlantic, Nancy suspects that they too are on a voyage to disaster.

Meanwhile ... A helicopter swoops down onto the deck of Nancy's ship. On board are Frank and Joe Hardy! Posing as journalists, they are in fact working undercover for the Network, the ultrasecret U.S. intelligency agency. Their mission: Unmask a master of disguise who is planning to use the ship to pull off a chilling terrorist act. For Nancy Drew and the Hardys, uncovering the explosive truth about what lies at the bottom of the ocean is just the tip of the iceberg in OPERATION TITANIC.
                    My favorite character quotes
                    "Well, whoop-de-doo, it's Nancy Drew!" Silvio from Keep it Real (SSH)
                    "Karl has been put on this planet to test my patience." ~Anja Mittelmeier (CAP)
                    "What does turtle mean?" ~Sonny Joon (MED)
                    "Have a celestial day!" ~Abby Sideris (MHM)
                    "Pay no attention to the bird behind the curtain." ~LouLou (CUR)

"What's the big deal? It's not like it's Mark Twain or anything." ~Joe Hardy (TRN)
                    "You're a vampire! Seriously though, that's pretty messed up." ~Rentaro Aihara (SAW)
                    "Don't tell me! Don't tell me! Okay tell me." ~Dr. Quigley Kim (CRE)
                    "Did you get the INVERTEBRATES?" ~Clara Thornton (GTH)
                    "Semper ubi sub ubi." ~Joanna Riggs (SSH)
                    "The museum is on the exterior of the bag.The interior of the bag is not the museum." ~Grigor Karakinos (LIE)

The Rules .New member FAQ

Comment

Working...
                    X