Mysatery at The Jewish Comunity Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysatery at The Jewish Comunity Center

there is this Jewish Community Center in my home town its a really nice place and a really nice place for a mystery for Nancy Drew like maybe Nancy could solve a mystery at a community Center it could either be a ghost mystery or a murder mystery.

which one do you all think?

Originally posted by makosharkman View Post
    there is this Jewish Community Center in my home town its a really nice place and a really nice place for a mystery for Nancy Drew like maybe Nancy could solve a mystery at a community Center it could either be a ghost mystery or a murder mystery.

which one do you all think?
    Despite the fact that Nancy seems to be of a Christian (though not terribly religious, and maybe even agnostic/atheist - to date I don't think there's been a single religiously focused mystery) bent, I think it would be fun to have a Jewish mystery. I'd rather focus on the Jews as an ethnic group rather than as a religion.

Hopefully a bit of Yiddish might be part of Nancy's learning curve. And maybe how to make the perfect matzo ball soup. As far as gefilte fish - I know the first time I tasted it, I ran in horror, and imagine Nancy might too.

Matzo on the other hand is pretty good. Though there's a joke about a blind man being handed one and him asking, "Who wrote this gibberish?"

One thing, Mako, and no disrespect. I can see that you love ghosts. So do I, and I'm a practicing medium and have actually met several. But the average ND fan tends to not believe in ghosts. And more, NANCY herself doesn't believe in ghosts. Anytime there SEEMS to be a supernatural phenomena, the end of an ND book or HER mystery tends to explain things in "worldy" methods - hidden projectors, squeaky floorboards and so forth. So as much as a ghost-related game might be fun for the two of us, it probably doesn't fit with the Nancy genre.

As to murder mysteries...well I only read into the #150 or so first books, and I don't know if some of the newer Nancy mysteries play toe-tag with actual murders. But AT LEAST the early Nancys don't even go there. Heck, the original Nancy gets herself bashed over the head, locked in closets, has accidents manufactured by the bad guys left and right, and not once is there an actual murder in the books, and Nancy is unscathed by even the worst encounters. At worst she gets a bump on the head or somesuch.

It's all "clean," with crimes like money laundering, theft, stealing someone's inheritance, land takeover and so forth.

Would I be up for a more mature game where murder was on the table? Sure. But that's not the Nancy game that exists now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mydogtogo View Post
      Would I be up for a more mature game where murder was on the table? Sure. But that's not the Nancy game that exists now.
      Forgive me if I got this wrong - been a while since I played the newer games - but doesn't DED deal with actual murder? I'd love more "mature" games so I gladly take this as a sign that someday, it will happen.

That said, maybe it won't be long before we solve another murder mystery!
      ---

"
      We are all in the gutter,
      but some of us are looking
      at the stars."

- Oscar Wilde

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by Mercy View Post

Forgive me if I got this wrong - been a while since I played the newer games - but doesn't DED deal with actual murder? I'd love more "mature" games so I gladly take this as a sign that someday, it will happen.

OH! I think you might be right! It's been so long since I played that one!

Awesome! I'd love to see another murder mystery too.

Comment

Despite the fact that Nancy seems to be of a Christian (though not terribly religious, and maybe even agnostic/atheist - to date I don't think there's been a single religiously focused mystery) bent, I think it would be fun to have a Jewish mystery. I'd rather focus on the Jews as an ethnic group rather than as a religion.

Hopefully a bit of Yiddish might be part of Nancy's learning curve. And maybe how to make the perfect matzo ball soup. As far as gefilte fish - I know the first time I tasted it, I ran in horror, and imagine Nancy might too.

Matzo on the other hand is pretty good. Though there's a joke about a blind man being handed one and him asking, "Who wrote this gibberish?"

One thing, Mako, and no disrespect. I can see that you love ghosts. So do I, and I'm a practicing medium and have actually met several. But the average ND fan tends to not believe in ghosts. And more, NANCY herself doesn't believe in ghosts. Anytime there SEEMS to be a supernatural phenomena, the end of an ND book or HER mystery tends to explain things in "worldy" methods - hidden projectors, squeaky floorboards and so forth. So as much as a ghost-related game might be fun for the two of us, it probably doesn't fit with the Nancy genre.

As to murder mysteries...well I only read into the #150 or so first books, and I don't know if some of the newer Nancy mysteries play toe-tag with actual murders. But AT LEAST the early Nancys don't even go there. Heck, the original Nancy gets herself bashed over the head, locked in closets, has accidents manufactured by the bad guys left and right, and not once is there an actual murder in the books, and Nancy is unscathed by even the worst encounters. At worst she gets a bump on the head or somesuch.

It's all "clean," with crimes like money laundering, theft, stealing someone's inheritance, land takeover and so forth.

oh she is I had no idea that she was that wont make the this idea look bad would it? even though I believe
          religious should not matter with anything in life that we do.

anyway well the mystery could begin with a play like either they could have a play of Oliver Twist and the actor who played Bill Sykes is accident hang for real and his ghost haunt the community center but Nancy discovers the boy death was no accident or this when these teenager were doing a play of medevial story and one of those head lights fell just like in Stay Tuned For Danger and killed the lead actor and they learned it was not accident someone wanted him dead or it could be a western play when the two actors had show down they used fake bullets but someone switch them with real bullets and the two actors or one of them gets killed.

and your right I do it seems though there are not that many Nancy Drew ghost mystery that often and true not many people believe in ghost and Nancy does not believe in ghost either and the ghost myster's they have made there is always a reshanal explanation like its not really ghost but just people just like in Scooby Doo but like few movies and episodes of Scooby Doo they could have a twist where the ghost is real that would be a surprised and the first idea about the haunted school they should definetly make into a mystery game for Nancy Drew that would make a very cool bizzar mystery just like the others ones were.

and ghost of Thornton Hall was clear if it was really a ghost or not.

anyway we will see in time.

Originally posted by Mercy View Post

you really like it?
          Last edited by Clueless in SA; July 1, 2017, 08:22 AM. Reason: spam, double posting

Comment

Originally posted by makosharkman View Post
            oh she is I had no idea that she was that wont make the this idea look bad would it? even though I believe
            religious should not matter with anything in life that we do.

anyway well the mystery could begin with a play like either they could have a play of Oliver Twist and the actor who played Bill Sykes is accident hang for real and his ghost haunt the community center but Nancy discovers the boy death was no accident or this when these teenager were doing a play of medevial story and one of those head lights fell just like in Stay Tuned For Danger and killed the lead actor and they learned it was not accident someone wanted him dead or it could be a western play when the two actors had show down they used fake bullets but someone switch them with real bullets and the two actors or one of them gets killed.

and your right I do it seems though there are not that many Nancy Drew ghost mystery that often and true not many people believe in ghost and Nancy does not believe in ghost either and the ghost myster's they have made there is always a reshanal explanation like its not really ghost but just people just like in Scooby Doo but like few movies and episodes of Scooby Doo they could have a twist where the ghost is real that would be a surprised and the first idea about the haunted school they should definetly make into a mystery game for Nancy Drew that would make a very cool bizzar mystery just like the others ones were.

and ghost of Thornton Hall was clear if it was really a ghost or not.

anyway we will see in time.

you really like it?
            I am so confused how we started out with the idea of a Jewish Community Center, then ended up with ghosts, medieval westerns, Bill Sykes and Oliver Twist and Scooby Doo.

Bizarre indeed.

Maybe slow down a bit? One idea at a time?

And while I love the paranormal as much as you do, perhaps remove the word "ghost" from your next 3 posts, just as an exercise?

I think you have many creative ideas, but slow down and let's look at one at a time.

Comment

sorry about that

I am so confused how we started out with the idea of a Jewish Community Center, then ended up with ghosts, medieval westerns, Bill Sykes and Oliver Twist and Scooby Doo.

Bizarre indeed.

Maybe slow down a bit? One idea at a time?

And while I love the paranormal as much as you do, perhaps remove the word "ghost" from your next 3 posts, just as an exercise?

I think you have many creative ideas, but slow down and let's look at one at a time.
              I was just saying what ideas they could use for this mystery but I will slow down.

So where do you think We Should Start Over on this confersation?

Comment

I like the opening idea of Nancy solving a mystery at the Jewish Community Center. Yes, she should have Yiddish lessons. (I received them from a co-worker during quiet times at work. These are among the most precious memories!!!!! She was the best person, person on the job, teacher, etc.) I don't know what the mystery could be, though. A missing priceless Torah? A kidnapped rabbi?
                What are you, one of the Hardy Boys?
                Hey. The Hardy Boys solved every case!
                (look for it in The Gourmet Detective: Death al Dente movie)

Comment

i saw this tv show about a thing called a dibbuck box, that, in jewish lore, holds an evil spirit that haunts anyone who opens the box and releases the dibbuck

Comment

what a cool idea

Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                    i saw this tv show about a thing called a dibbuck box, that, in jewish lore, holds an evil spirit that haunts anyone who opens the box and releases the dibbuck
                    that would make a great mystery

Comment

In addition to that, we could have other cultural studies. I saw a blurb on the internet about Jewish healing rituals. Apparently, these are becoming popular. I wonder if we could study these aspects of Judaism. It would be in the same category as studying the tea ritual and caligraphy, as we did when learning about culture in SAW.
                      What are you, one of the Hardy Boys?
                      Hey. The Hardy Boys solved every case!
                      (look for it in The Gourmet Detective: Death al Dente movie)

Comment

okay then

Originally posted by Solver View Post
                        In addition to that, we could have other cultural studies. I saw a blurb on the internet about Jewish healing rituals. Apparently, these are becoming popular. I wonder if we could study these aspects of Judaism. It would be in the same category as studying the tea ritual and caligraphy, as we did when learning about culture in SAW.
                        well I was just refferining to community center but that works to.

Comment

Working...
                        X