Get a Nancy Drew Mystery Box Mailed to Your House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get a Nancy Drew Mystery Box Mailed to Your House

I recently heard about a special mystery service called "Hunt a Killer". This is a website membership paid service that sends customized mystery boxes to your house every month. Each mystery box contains coded messages, evidence, pictures, and pieces to solving a grander mystery.

The audience for this service is intended for adults, so keep that in mind if you are considering this.

What if HeR were to create a service like this?

HeR would create a mystery starring YOU. Nancy Drew needs help during her case and you are going to help her! Every month, HeR is going to send you a box containing Nancy's latest case as well as a letter from Nancy herself. Nancy will address the person and explain that she needs help to get further.

Items Included in Nancy's Mystery Box:
    - Letter addressed to YOU from Nancy!
    - Nancy's Case File (Or updates if the case expands upon more than a month)
    - Secret photos, coded messages, objects to look at and investigate
    - URL to an interactive website that shows Nancy's investigation progress?
    - A special HeR ND Item (Koko Kringle, ND Notebook, Stickers, Flash light, flash drive, hard cover/soft cover copy of one of the newer ND books, digital code for a kindle eBook version)

In order to solve the case, you must complete the puzzles and "send" them back to Nancy. Not sure how this would work. I suppose you could just pretend. Or if you're a parent, you can pretend you're sending Nancy a letter by showing your children how postage works.

I really think this would be a great service for mystery fans, Nancy Drew fanatics, and families to get involved with Nancy Drew with their kids.

I would probably charge $20-30 a month for monthly box deliveries. HeR should probably include a mystery box disclaimer explaining that it may take more than one box to solve the mystery.

For example, Case #1 is 3 boxes, all sent to me over the course of 3 months. Totaling $60 for 3 months.

Benefits of a Mystery Box Service:

1. It would keep current fans of ND active in the HeR Interactive community. The Mystery Box service would be separate from the adventure games, and community members can work together on the HeR forums to solve puzzles they receive every month.

2. Looking for a fun way to get your younger kids, cousins, or family members into Nancy Drew? Sending them the gift of a Nancy Drew mystery box would totally be worth it for them! Especially since Nancy is writing her letters to them! It would be a great family bonding experience!

3. If HeR charges a little more for each box, ($20-30 a box), they could include ND merchandise from their shop that fans would love to add to their collections.

4. A Mystery Box is a social media magnet. I will be that tons of people are going to be sharing their Nancy Drew mystery boxes on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. There wouldn't need to be that much advertising involved.

Overall, I think this would be a great idea for HeR to make some additional revenue without going through the development process of making video games. If Hunt a Killer can do it, so can HeR!
    Last edited by Det.JA; July 14, 2017, 08:52 PM.
    You are speaking with an
    Official Member of S.P.I.E.D.

That's a great idea! It sounds like Lute Crate but with a Nancy Drew spin on it. I'd definitely be down for code things and puzzles. I mean, they did have that puzzle card that came in the old game cases next to the disk. They could try doing something like that, and the puzzles on the Amateur Sleuth Blog seems like evidence that they could do it if they chose to.
    I like the idea of themed stickers and stuff too. Maybe there could occasionally be a piece of nice merchandise, like items they used to have in their online merch store. And getting a letter by Nancy sounds awesome, especially one written out specifically to the person it's sent to!
    I don't know how likely it is, but I hope that HeR considers this idea. It sounds like a lot of fun. And what better excuse is there for a mystery box than Nancy Drew herself?
    .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
    ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
    ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

First, I also think that this is a great idea. Very hands on and gets people working together and involved. Great way to introduce and re-introduce Nancy Drew to old and new fans.

Second, Her should really consider hiring you! Just by what you said I was sold
      ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
      ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
      .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
      (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
      `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
      ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
      ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
      .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
      ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
      ............................................©ac

Comment

Sounds like a really cool idea, I hope that they will do it.
        There's no point in
        Growing up
        If you can't act
        Childish
        Sometimes
        -Doctor Who the Fourth Doctor
        Sig Shop:

Comment

This is an awesome idea. If HeR decided to do this, I'd totally sign up!
          a . broken . heart . to . lie . forever
          ¸·*¨¯¨*·¸...under tattered sails and 'neath ..¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
          ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸(.....`·-·`...............a . blackened . sky ..............`·-·`.....)¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
          `·-·`.......` · . ¸ _)¯¨ * · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ , . · * ¨¯(_ ¸ . · `.......`·-·`

Currently playing: Danger on Deception Island
          Currently reading: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin...(Plus college textbooks. Noooo!)

Comment

I, too, think that this is an ingenious idea. The one thing I would not want is having a single case expand over multiple mystery boxes. This to me seems like a money-grabber, and you'd have to buy all the required boxes if you wanted to complete the case. One individual case per box seems (to me at least) more affordable/reasonable. Having merchandise included in the box could be fun, but I think it would be neat if the items were related to the case at hand. For example, if the case involves ghosts, it could include a thermometer/compass (or any device that has to do with ghost-tracking.) If the case deals with forensics, it could include a mini fingerprint-dusting kit. If the case involves Morse code, there could be a flashlight (for sending long-distance Morse code.) Anyways, those are just my thoughts to expand on the original concept. I really love this idea . . . you should write a letter to HeR and ask them to consider it! (Maybe a petition would help? Not really sure . . . petitions don't seem to have worked with HeR in the past.)

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback on this idea! I hope that HeR does read posts like this for ideas. At the end of the day, I just want to support a series that I'm really passionate about. I've played all the Nancy Drew games, and I really want HeR to bring us another adventure game soon!

The Hunt a Killer site is a monthly subscription service. The HeR one doesn't necessarily have to be a monthly subscription. I just figured with Nancy traveling everywhere, it would make more sense to get periodic updates from Nancy about the case she's working on and make the mysteries seem more realistic. Each box would contain a considerable amount of things to do while waiting for the next one.

I'm guessing 2-3 boxes tops would be a full mystery. If you charge $20 a box and buy it as a subscription, I suppose HeR could also include box bundles when the full mystery is out. (Boxes 1-3 for $20) This would help people catch up.

My reasoning for this is that HeR is a business at the end of the day and needs the revenue to support their digital software. I mean, look at the Hunt a Killer website. They charge a lot more money for these boxes. Upwards of $200 for complete experiences.
              You are speaking with an
              Official Member of S.P.I.E.D.

Comment

These are all cool ideas!

One thing you could do is to email HeR with a link to this thread, probably to their feedback email address given here.
                .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
                ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
                ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
                ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

Retracted, I will no longer be supporting HER.
                  Last edited by NewInvestigator; May 9, 2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X