Alians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alians

they should make a Mystery Game For Nancy Drew that involves Aliens maybe it could take place in Nebraska or Utah or even Arizona again or North or South Carolina or Dakota in a Surberban nighberhood.

or where did E. T take place at?
    Last edited by makosharkman; August 29, 2017, 12:43 PM. Reason: some thing a I forgot to add

I would actually love to see a game about aliens that didn't feature Sonny Joon. I don't know what Simon&Schuster's policy on science-fiction themes is (I know they want all supernatural elements to be explained away, but does that apply to the existence of extraterrestrial life too? ) but it would be interesting to get something similar to GTH, where the "alien" is seemingly disproven, but a shadow of doubt remains.

Mind you, I don't necessarily mean the usual little grey men routine. What you said about different possible settings is great - there are so many urban legends and tales of sightings/abductions that I think a game could be based off one or more of them without much of a problem. I can imagine a character like John Grey returning...maybe his TV show lost popularity and he switched genres, or something.

By the way, I haven't seen E.T. but I looked it up. It's set in California! Would be fun to see Nancy returning there, since she's only ever visited for the Dossier games.
    neverending song
    2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
    So far from me too is your home
    to which I can never find my way
    your fairy tale...

Comment

why not change it up

Originally posted by tsukiakari View Post
      I would actually love to see a game about aliens that didn't feature Sonny Joon. I don't know what Simon&Schuster's policy on science-fiction themes is (I know they want all supernatural elements to be explained away, but does that apply to the existence of extraterrestrial life too? ) but it would be interesting to get something similar to GTH, where the "alien" is seemingly disproven, but a shadow of doubt remains.

Mind you, I don't necessarily mean the usual little grey men routine. What you said about different possible settings is great - there are so many urban legends and tales of sightings/abductions that I think a game could be based off one or more of them without much of a problem. I can imagine a character like John Grey returning...maybe his TV show lost popularity and he switched genres, or something.

By the way, I haven't seen E.T. but I looked it up. It's set in California! Would be fun to see Nancy returning there, since she's only ever visited for the Dossier games.

they could change it up make the Aliens real like I said about my idea about the haunted school.

or it could be people and Nancy does the whole Velma explains like Velma does in Scooby Doo after they busted the crimanlas and learned the monster are just people but when Nancy does it and says how the culprit trick everyone but when Nancy mentions or ask the culprit how he or she did one of those tricks the culprit says he or she did not meaning it was real Aliens that did that.

also have you seen Phoenix Forgotten trust me you will love it its like mix in of E.T Nancy drew and The Blair Witch Project.

California yeah that would be a good state to and Nancy did solve a mystery in California that Message in a Haunted Mansion took place in that state.

Comment

I think an alien-themed mystery would be cool! It's a fun genre that ND hasn't really explored yet, and there's a lot of lore and urban legends to go off of. I love the idea of a desert setting too. Though personally I would prefer if the aliens weren't real, or at least not confirmed to be real. That would go more into the sci-fi realm, which wouldn't feel very Nancy Drew-like to me.
        Last edited by like2hike123; September 24, 2017, 08:39 PM.
        Rock and roll, dear.

Comment

Honestly i think an alien theme would feel a little redundant. We've already had alien talk in TMB and MED, as well as Sonny's alien doodles in many past games.
          I'm not saying they would never do aliens again, but they don't often address the exact same subject in multiple games. (Unless it's ghosts, though hauntings are a recurring theme in the books, so there's precedent for that)
          Listen, my child, to this story of dreams,
          And know that the beginning is more difficult than it seems.
          When the ten daughters are reunited in order,
          When the four-sided box loses its border,
          When the eye of the phoenix is in your hand,
          When the bird of fire can see again,
          When the moon sleeps and the sun plays,
          The king of the sky will shine his rays,
          And hidden beneath a river of colors
          Will lie a gate to golden wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by emikat80 View Post
            Honestly i think an alien theme would feel a little redundant. We've already had alien talk in TMB and MED, as well as Sonny's alien doodles in many past games.
            I'm not saying they would never do aliens again, but they don't often address the exact same subject in multiple games. (Unless it's ghosts, though hauntings are a recurring theme in the books, so there's precedent for that)
            I agree, that I'm pretty over the Sonny Joon type of thing.

Something with crop circles as part of the mystery might be fun. Maybe set it in Nebraska, Missouri or Kansas? Are there any ND books with something like that?

The thread did make me realize that Nancy hasn't taken on Bigfoot in any of the games. Nor have we yet had a game set in the Pacific Northwest. That might be fun. Other threads have suggested a mystery involving Native Americans, which make sense in this setting.

Comment

oh really why not real?

Originally posted by like2hike123 View Post
              I think an alien-themed mystery would be cool! It's a fun genre that ND hasn't really explored yet, and there's a lot of lore and urban legends to go off of. I love the idea of a desert setting too. Though personally I would prefer if the aliens weren't real, or at least not confirmed to be real. That would go more into the sci-fi realm, which wouldn't feel very Nancy Drew-like to me.
              why not real it would be exciting like one of the suspects could be a Alien like after the case is solved Nancy talks with one of the Suspects who is a Secret Agent but then Nancy notice something a bite off with him or her the suspect says he or she is a agents from another planet and vanish right in front of Nancy leaving stunned.

Comment

Originally posted by makosharkman View Post
                why not real it would be exciting like one of the suspects could be a Alien like after the case is solved Nancy talks with one of the Suspects who is a Secret Agent but then Nancy notice something a bite off with him or her the suspect says he or she is a agents from another planet and vanish right in front of Nancy leaving stunned.
                Because that would be too supernatural and otherworldly for ND games. The genre is and should stay mystery/adventure, not anything else. A lot of people would be put off.
                ---

"
                We are all in the gutter,
                but some of us are looking
                at the stars."

- Oscar Wilde

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by makosharkman View Post
                  Like I said, that would delve too far into the sci-fi genre for a Nancy Drew game. Nancy Drew games, like the books they're based on, have always been focused on whodunits and mysteries and that have earthly explanations, and I think they should remain that way.

If they were to do an alien themed game, I think it could be handled similar to the way werewolves were handled in CUR, or the way monsters were handled in CAP; we could read about alien lore and urban legends, or find crop circles like Mydogtogo said, or maybe even have an alien "sighting", which later turns out to be an illusion. They could leave the explanation somewhat ambiguous, sort of like GTH did with the ghosts. But having real aliens would be totally out-of-character for the series.
                  Last edited by like2hike123; September 27, 2017, 08:41 PM.
                  Rock and roll, dear.

Comment

predictable

Like I said, that would delve too far into the sci-fi genre for a Nancy Drew game. Nancy Drew games, like the books they're based on, have always been focused on whodunits and mysteries and that have earthly explanations, and I think they should remain that way.

If they were to do an alien themed game, I think it could be handled similar to the way vampires were handled in CUR, or the way monsters were handled in CAP; we could read about alien lore and urban legends, or find crop circles like Mydogtogo said, or maybe even have an alien "sighting", which later turns out to be an illusion. They could even leave it somewhat ambiguous, like GTH did with the ghosts. But having real aliens would be totally out-of-character for the series.
                    then the games would become to predictable and we would know they would not be real I am not saying the Alien or Vampire or wearwolf should be real but ghost on the other hand could be and maybe Alien because the fact is we do not know for certain if ghost or aliens are real its still possible vampire and wearwolves are a bunch of fairy tails but ghost and aliens who knows.

Comment

Nancy Drew games aren't about whether a certain creature is real. They're about who is behind the chaos. Figuring that out is just as "unpredictable", what with the different suspects and clues we find throughout the investigation.

For all we know, yes, ghosts and aliens may well exist, but it's a very controversial topic and honestly, is not something our beloved Nancy would believe in. I don't want that to be taken away.
                      ---

"
                      at the stars."

- Oscar Wilde

---

---

Comment

If they were to do an alien themed game, I think it could be handled similar to the way werewolves were handled in CUR, or the way monsters were handled in CAP; we could read about alien lore and urban legends, or find crop circles like Mydogtogo said, or maybe even have an alien "sighting", which later turns out to be an illusion. They could leave the explanation somewhat ambiguous, sort of like GTH did with the ghosts. But having real aliens would be totally out-of-character for the series.
                        I guess we could also learn the psychology behind the various instances of hysteria and mob mentality that have occurred around ufo sightings and "abductions". Like we learned about psychosomatic lycanthropy in CUR. that was interesting.
                        Listen, my child, to this story of dreams,
                        And know that the beginning is more difficult than it seems.
                        When the ten daughters are reunited in order,
                        When the four-sided box loses its border,
                        When the eye of the phoenix is in your hand,
                        When the bird of fire can see again,
                        When the moon sleeps and the sun plays,
                        The king of the sky will shine his rays,
                        And hidden beneath a river of colors
                        Will lie a gate to golden wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by emikat80 View Post
                          Sonny Junes Aliens were only a theory they were not the center of the mystery like the ghost were.

like I was saying Nancy should look into some missing people and hears rumors the missing people were abducted buy mystery there is even footage they revels they were but is it true? lol

and one of the Suspects is reveals to be a Aliens at the end of the mystery after the culprit is busted and the missing people are found like Nancy learns the Suspect is Detective like her but from another planet.

***merged***

Originally posted by Mydogtogo View Post
                          I agree, that I'm pretty over the Sonny Joon type of thing.

Something with crop circles as part of the mystery might be fun. Maybe set it in Nebraska, Missouri or Kansas? Are there any ND books with something like that?

The thread did make me realize that Nancy hasn't taken on Bigfoot in any of the games. Nor have we yet had a game set in the Pacific Northwest. That might be fun. Other threads have suggested a mystery involving Native Americans, which make sense in this setting.
                          I am sure they will figure something out.

and Bigfott would be nice.

they did have Native Americans in Shadow Ranch like Mary Yazzie but she was only one.

and do not forget The Abominable Snowman.
                          Last edited by hedgie; September 30, 2017, 08:18 AM. Reason: Mod's Note: To avoid a ban from the boards, please do not double post.

Comment

Originally posted by makosharkman
                            and one of the Suspects is reveals to be a Aliens at the end of the mystery after the culprit is busted and the missing people are found like Nancy learns the Suspect is Detective like her but from another planet.
                            Well, to be honest, this won't fly.
                            ---

"
                            at the stars."

- Oscar Wilde

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by Mercy View Post

Well, to be honest, this won't fly.
                              why do you say that what makes you think it wont make the games more exciting this is why I think in the next ghost mystery the ghost should be real to as some flare and spark with the mystery make it more interesting like my ideas about a mystery at a haunted school.

***merged***

watch the movie Phoenix Forgotten its like mix in of Nancy Drew E.T and The Blair Witch Project.

I am not sure what could happen in the mystery and how the mystery goes but here is what happens at the beginning three teenagers are driving on the road at night and after stopping at a gas station then they go ridding out on there bikes on a trail or just take a hike on a trail but they never come home they just vanish like ghost and sometime later a few other things happen like stuff gets stoles from stores animals vanish from the farms and a few other things and people seen strange light and something big like a space ship or just shadow figures that resemble Alians and Nancy comes to investigate and even she has help from Area 51 themselves who think it maybe Alians behind this mystery and Nancy eventaully discovers the culprits are just people not Alians but when Nancy confronts the person behind this mystery confess why he or she did this and how he or she fake it all and made the visual effects so real but when Nancy says Why Did You Kidnap Those Kids And Where Are You Keeping Them but the culprit says I Do Not Have Them I Never Took Those Kids I Do Not Know What Happen To Those Kids I Didn't Even Know Them Nancy turns the tables on the culprit and has him or her and his or her friends arrested.

but after Nancy prologue when writing to either Bess and George or Ned or the Hardy Boys or her father at the end of the mystery after she mention how she solved the case and stop the culprit and mentions his or her motive she then says However I Never Found Out What Happen To Those Missing Teenager Wonder What Happen To Them and either she says right then and there that Area 51 thank her for helping them so they gave here something as reward a video tap saying she has the right to know the truth but warns her to either not let anyone else see what is on that tap or says not to let that footage get out or after Nancy ending Prologue it says on the screen two weeks later then it shows Nancy Drew back at her house in River Heights she in her bedroom on her cellphone or she in the living room playing the Piano or she talking to Bess and George and Frank and Joe and her father in the living room then she hears someone knocking on the door and its either the General of Area 51 and he gives her the tap saying she has the right to know the truth and do not let anyone else see what is on that tap or its UPS delivery and she gets the tap in the mail and finds a note saying Do Not Let This Footage Get Out.

either way after she gets the tap she puts it in the VCR and see what it is and its the footage of the missing teenagers and it shows they were abducted all right but not buy people but buy Alians revealing Alians may exist.
                              Last edited by veja; December 26, 2017, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X