here is a suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here is a suggestion

like why not have a game contest like have all us Nancy Drew Fans post one or two of our ideas of a good Nancy Drew Mystery that we have posted here on game Suggestion somewhere else on Herinteractive and which ever idea the creators like the most they can make into a mystery game there could be one winner or even two winner's.

and why not do this ounce a year it could be a Christmas thing.

There might be legal reasons for why this couldn't happen. (Like who the rights would belong to or something.) And this was a quote from someone who contacted HeR.

"Gamers,
    Her Interactive has said that they are not going to use any plot or story suggestions for the games from users, so please only suggest Nancy Drew books for the games.
    Thanks,
    -McQ"
    I don't want to go among
    MAD people . . . -Alice
    oooOOOooOOOooOOOooo
    wHoArEyOu?uOyErAoHw

Comment

would be nice though.

Originally posted by DrewidMagic View Post
      There might be legal reasons for why this couldn't happen. (Like who the rights would belong to or something.) And this was a quote from someone who contacted HeR.

"Gamers,
      Her Interactive has said that they are not going to use any plot or story suggestions for the games from users, so please only suggest Nancy Drew books for the games.
      Thanks,
      -McQ"

they can either share or it wont matter like I don't want any credit I just want to see a cool mystery.

and it would be nice though if they did that ounce and while like go back and fourth from the publishers Simon & Schuster to the fans like make one game from Simon & Schuster then the next one from a fan then the one after that one from Simon & Schuster again because if they did that then we would have quite a lot more mysteries that way.

Comment

Originally posted by makosharkman View Post
        then we would have quite a lot more mysteries that way.
        Except now they aren't capable of even completing one. *cough*MID*cough*

It wouldn't have mattered whether or not the winners claim they don't want any credit. Legally, they will not be able to publish the game without settling a bunch of things, and I imagine there are quite a lot of road blocks they have to go over in order to do so.

Anyway... I don't think this is something an indie company like HeR is looking into.
        ---

"
        We are all in the gutter,
        but some of us are looking
        at the stars."

- Oscar Wilde

---

---

Comment

Say What?

Originally posted by Mercy View Post

Except now they aren't capable of even completing one. *cough*MID*cough*

It wouldn't have mattered whether or not the winners claim they don't want any credit. Legally, they will not be able to publish the game without settling a bunch of things, and I imagine there are quite a lot of road blocks they have to go over in order to do so.

Anyway... I don't think this is something an indie company like HeR is looking into.

Like What?

Comment

There are legal matters like intellectual property and copyright. Even if you write to the company and tell them they can have the rights to what you have written it has to be a legal document. And all that costs money which most places don’t want to deal with. I knew someone that worked for a huge entertainment company. Company policy was that if anyone gave you an idea for anything that the company would ever make the employee had to immediately submit it to the legal department. It would be extremely rare for them to ever use any idea submitted by the public. There are too many legal problems using other’s ideas. That is the same with using crossover characters from other series like you will never see Harry Potter characters in a Nancy Drew book or game. Too many legal issues.
            He has showed you, O man, what is good.
            And what does the LORD require of you?
            To act justly and to love mercy
            and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:8

Comment

Yup. Creativity must be legal. :)

Legally, the basic idea is tricky. But your idea prompted me to think of another way to express creativity. Gamers who have ideas about Nancy Drew games might try to develop their own ideas into other games or game series. They would not be able to use Nancy Drew or HeR properties, but they might be able to include generally similar concepts. For example, it would not be okay to plunk a different character into all the game locations from DOG, which takes place in Pennsylvania. However, a gamer might be able to incorporate other aspects of Pennsylvania into their unique game which features a different character who is noticeably not Nancy Drew.
              What are you, one of the Hardy Boys?
              Hey. The Hardy Boys solved every case!
              (look for it in The Gourmet Detective: Death al Dente movie)

Comment

I see

Originally posted by Solver View Post
                Legally, the basic idea is tricky. But your idea prompted me to think of another way to express creativity. Gamers who have ideas about Nancy Drew games might try to develop their own ideas into other games or game series. They would not be able to use Nancy Drew or HeR properties, but they might be able to include generally similar concepts. For example, it would not be okay to plunk a different character into all the game locations from DOG, which takes place in Pennsylvania. However, a gamer might be able to incorporate other aspects of Pennsylvania into their unique game which features a different character who is noticeably not Nancy Drew.
                well first off it would not hurt to get any ideas from anyone no matter if they work at Herinteractive or not.

and I would use my own ideas for my own games but I do not know how to make my own games I do not work at a Studio like Herinteractive or any Game Studio I am just reglar person like you who just a fan of the agme like Where Would I Start?

Comment

Working...
                X