X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culinary School Caper!!

Originally posted by Miri91 View Post
    Of the ones I've read the book I'd like to see made into a game the most is either The Double Horror of Fenley Place or Mystery on the Menu. I think a mystery centered around a cooking school would be a lot of fun and the whole Movie Set/Haunted House thing would lend to a great plot too.
    A cooking school mystery sound AMAZING!! Let's tresh this one out! How do you think they could do it in 2015/2016/2017?

Comment

• I would really love to have Nancy kidnapped or goes missing like in a Girl Detective Supermystery (I think it's the first one)

Or a game with Carson goes missing like The Hidden Staircase.

Oh and it would be really super awesome if there would be a game based on Case Files Vanishing Act and Case Files #65 Final Notes. I don't quite remember what number Vanishing Act is because the book I have doesn't have a book number on the cover...

Anyway, Vanishing Act has a missing musician in California and Final Notes has another musician in River Heights I think who may be murdered. Even though they both take place in River Heights/California, I would like to see this game, based on the two books, in Nashville, home of country music... I have not read either of the two books in a long time but I do remember some of the plot of these two stories.

So the two books I would really love to see in one game are:

Nancy Drew Files # 56 - Final Notes
      Nancy Drew Files - Vanishing Act.
      ~ MD12 ~

Comment

• Originally posted by mdetective12 View Post
        I would really love to have Nancy kidnapped or goes missing like in a Girl Detective Supermystery (I think it's the first one)

Or a game with Carson goes missing like The Hidden Staircase.

Oh and it would be really super awesome if there would be a game based on Case Files Vanishing Act and Case Files #65 Final Notes. I don't quite remember what number Vanishing Act is because the book I have doesn't have a book number on the cover...

Anyway, Vanishing Act has a missing musician in California and Final Notes has another musician in River Heights I think who may be murdered. Even though they both take place in River Heights/California, I would like to see this game, based on the two books, in Nashville, home of country music... I have not read either of the two books in a long time but I do remember some of the plot of these two stories.

So the two books I would really love to see in one game are:

Nancy Drew Files # 56 - Final Notes
        Nancy Drew Files - Vanishing Act.
        I like your ideas! Its actually a very plausible idea, because 1 HeR like to mix and mash plots from books and 2 there hasn't been a game set in Nashville before. Since Her likes to to redo ideas I could see them seeing this as the successor to secret of shadow ranch e.g another country based game.

Comment

• ND Case Files # 22: Fatal Attraction

For an update, one character's issue could be changed to a Deirdre issue, or even a Bess issue.

This book gives Nancy/Neddy some romance. It is a viable way to have another game in River Heights and additional locations.
          Last edited by Solver; July 17th, 2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miri91 View Post
            Of the ones I've read the book I'd like to see made into a game the most is either The Double Horror of Fenley Place or Mystery on the Menu. I think a mystery centered around a cooking school would be a lot of fun and the whole Movie Set/Haunted House thing would lend to a great plot too.
            In addition, there is a book called 'Recipe For Murder' from the case files that revolved around Nancy and Ned's adventures in a cooking school that they could use for a cooking theme. I agree, this would make a great game!
            Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company Seastar Panda Phillip the Pygmypuff Stardust Spock Albert the Sheepigator Count Vismak
            ............_____
            ........,-:` \;',`'-,
            .......'-;_,; .':-;_,'.
            .... /;.. '/....,.._`.-\ ........ The Earth without art would be
            ....| '`. (`.... /` ` \`|
            ....|:...`\`-... \_.. / | .................... " |¯ .. |_| "
            ....|.... (.. `,...`\ ;'| ...................... |_ .. | |.
            .... \.... | .'.... `-'/
            ......`... ;/.........'
            ..jgs.. `'-._____.-'`

Comment

• Hold on to your jet packs. This idea is a little out there.....

To take advantage of requested non-ND series books, why not pair ND with the other characters for just one or two games?

For example, ND could sleuth with the Dana Girls, Tom Swift, the Rover Boys, Penny Parker, Judy Bolton, or other characters. This would only require one or two of each character's books, which may be rare or scarce. It would help to preserve some of the book milieu in which ND has existed for many years.

Just a thought.....
              Last edited by Solver; August 30th, 2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Mystery of the Brass-Bound Trunk

I really wanted a game where Nancy was on a ship, and Sea of Darkness was good, but I want a game where she's on a moving ship almost the entire time, just like she was on a train most of the time in Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. Anyway, I recently read Mystery of the Brass-Bound Trunk, and that would fit the bill perfectly! Please make a game of this book!

Comment

• Originally posted by froglady99 View Post
                  I really wanted a game where Nancy was on a ship, and Sea of Darkness was good, but I want a game where she's on a moving ship almost the entire time, just like she was on a train most of the time in Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. Anyway, I recently read Mystery of the Brass-Bound Trunk, and that would fit the bill perfectly! Please make a game of this book!
                  I like the idea of a "locked room" mystery where she's trapped on the boat with the culprit.

Originally posted by mdetective12
                  I would really love to have Nancy kidnapped or goes missing like in a Girl Detective Supermystery (I think it's the first one)
                  I read that book! The "feel" of it sort of reminds me of ASH where Nancy was out of commission and Bess, George and Ned had to run the mystery. But it would be more interesting/intense if Nancy was the victim (was missing/kidnapped) instead of the suspect (stuck in jail.)
                  Last edited by Punchy; August 15th, 2016, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Girl of Shadows View Post
                    I think the Hidden Staircase would make a great game.
                    i'm glad someone else already stated this and I concur. I stated a while back that I'd like to see Nancy going to Notradam and that was a thing in this book if memory serves.
                    "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
                    William Shakespeare

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                      I've recently started re-reading some of my old Nancy Drew books and so far there are two that I would love to see as games.
                      The Clue in the Crumbling Wall: Essentially Nancy is asked to find a professional dancer who went missing 10 years ago and is set to inherit an old estate. I think it would work well because the estate is described as being overgrown and creepy and there would be plenty of places to explore. At the same time in the book Nancy is tasked with solving a few other mysteries as well, that could help in not only finding the missing women but also a treasure that had been left for her and hidden somewhere in the estate. If you use the book as source material there are plenty of challenges and mini games that could be created as well as some interesting characters.

The other one is The Hidden Window Mystery: In this one Nancy see's an ad asking for help finding a stain glass window that belonged to a man's family but disappeared years ago. Once again Nancy ends up being tasked with more than one mystery, be it discovering what her new neighbour is up to, who is haunting the Ivy Hall and whats making the weird noises behind the walls of the neighbouring estate. Again the book has plenty of material that can be used to create challenges and mini-games.

I think both these books have great premises that would translate well into games! Thoughts?

I adore both of these ideas. Perhaps it is because I love history and both of these books involve Nancy sleuthing about what happened to people and objects in the past. Both of these books are fabulous and possibly combined with plot pieces from other books (as HER often does) would make a great game!

Comment

Working...
                      X