No announcement yet.

Petition for More Mature Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put my name down, please! I'm with you!
    How much better to get
    ……wisdom than gold,¸•*¨¯¨*•¸
    …………………….¸•*¨¯¨*•¸..*•-»....)}
    ……………………{(.....«·¸.`•.,¸_¸,.•´to get insight
    Proverbs 16:16……. `•.,¸¸,.´'
    rather than silver!

My 2016 reviews:
    |TMB|

Comment

• I guess sign me up. I really do honestly agree with this. They have walkthroughs/cheats for the games. Which I use almost every time I play one of the games if I get stuck. And I'm not the only one who does. So why can't the kids under 10 use them too. The first nancy drew game i got was message in the haunted mansion when I was 9. And I didn't think it was hard at all. I'm 23 now. N love the games. Then I got a bundle pack. Where it had the first 4 games in it. Beat all of them within a week sand a half.

I also think that's why her is taking so long with the next game, because they're trying to fix what they lost in the games while trying to keep everyone's interest, likes, and opinions of the games in the game. Out of how much I agree with people being upset with the lose of the game. And agree that it has. Although I still find the games fun as I'm sure everyone to almost everyone still does. It really is starting to upset me that I'm still seeing posts like this.

Now I know I could just ignore them. But honestly, I just love the rest of the fans so much. And that can't the rest of you just maybe stop attacking her and just appreciate the game series we all have loved for years. And to continue to love it no matter what your harsh opinion is. If your a true can. No matter how bad the games get. You'll always love the games

And there could be the explanation that her has made such bad games Because we've been attacking them for this same reason for years. And that's billing soon them. Don't you maybe just think also that their taking so long on this game so they can fix the problem. I remember a lot of games had been post ponied a month or so from its relase date because they wanted to make it better. And I know a lot of us to all of us are extremely upset and mad that the original voice actor left. But you need to let that go too. If your a true fan, accept what is and continue living the games. I know her wouldn't ever disappoint us or upset us even if it does seem that way sometimes.
      Last edited by Sr.D; April 17, 2017, 12:45 PM. Reason: removing original 1st post quote
      I Solved all the games but 1!

Comment

• Sign me up! Only a few of the games have made me feel the same kind of tension I got from reading the books and I would love for some changes to be made.

Comment

• I've been playing the games since I was 7, without a problem. Sign me up!

Comment

• Sign me up! I started playing the first ND game back in 1999. I would love to play some that were more for adults.

Comment

• Would love an adult series! I started playing when I was 9! I am now 20. Need some more mature themes I believe. Would be awesome! Sign me up!
              -Angel <3
              ~Eagle Eye~
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")
              Put the bunny above on your siggy if you want HER to keep making ND games!

Comment

• I agree all the way! Sign me up!

Comment

• First, sign me up!

Second, I agree that if a less-than-10-yr -old is playing this game, it's WITH an adult/semi-adult at least. That or the kid is a prodigy. Assuming the former case, that also requires adult-ish consent for the child to even play.

Anyhow...if more mature games mean deeper and more layered characters, motives beyond the usual Greed and more varied crimes (as I'm pretty sure it could) then I'm all in.

Comment

• I would love this! Especially with ghost stories! The spookier the better!

Comment

• Sign me up too please!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fearepixeuhv View Post
                        I guess sign me up. I really do honestly agree with this. They have walkthroughs/cheats for the games. Which I use almost every time I play one of the games if I get stuck. And I'm not the only one who does. So why can't the kids under 10 use them too. The first nancy drew game i got was message in the haunted mansion when I was 9. And I didn't think it was hard at all. I'm 23 now. N love the games. Then I got a bundle pack. Where it had the first 4 games in it. Beat all of them within a week sand a half.

I also think that's why her is taking so long with the next game, because they're trying to fix what they lost in the games while trying to keep everyone's interest, likes, and opinions of the games in the game. Out of how much I agree with people being upset with the lose of the game. And agree that it has. Although I still find the games fun as I'm sure everyone to almost everyone still does. It really is starting to upset me that I'm still seeing posts like this.

Now I know I could just ignore them. But honestly, I just love the rest of the fans so much. And that can't the rest of you just maybe stop attacking her and just appreciate the game series we all have loved for years. And to continue to love it no matter what your harsh opinion is. If your a true can. No matter how bad the games get. You'll always love the games

And there could be the explanation that her has made such bad games Because we've been attacking them for this same reason for years. And that's billing soon them. Don't you maybe just think also that their taking so long on this game so they can fix the problem. I remember a lot of games had been post ponied a month or so from its relase date because they wanted to make it better. And I know a lot of us to all of us are extremely upset and mad that the original voice actor left. But you need to let that go too. If your a true fan, accept what is and continue living the games. I know her wouldn't ever disappoint us or upset us even if it does seem that way sometimes.
                        You know, while at first I was against more mature games, I suppose I could see doing one "mature" and one YA safe game a year under two different labels. "Nancy Drew Mature" on the new one. I'm not suggesting adding ***/dating into the mix at all (in fact that would be a bit creepy). But if you notice murder is never on the table, and with a more mature game it could be. And since Nancy is about 100 years old now, I'm sure she could enjoy a cocktail or a glass of wine to celebrate!

I've been playing ND since the early 2000's - I just turned 54 - and I agree that the fan base is maturing, though there's always room for new/young blood. But if they keep it PG I'll still be a fan.

I very much hope you're correct that the delay is caused by them trying to figure out how to bring back the things we loved about the early games. That would be totally worth the wait.

We know the switch to Unity is being done out of house, but yes, it could very well be that part of the delay might be that it takes a LOT of time to up our sleuthing ability. For instance some of us have asked (myself included and at the front of that campaign) be able to explore as much as possible. Search every drawer, read every bit of correspondence, tap on every wall, read every book, talk to way more people and explore many more locations. Okay I'd be happy if we could just read/search/tap/talk/explore even twice the amount we get to so far, and that would make a LOT more work for HER in plotting and creating locales and people. So yeah, maybe we ARE asking a lot of HER. And it's going to take more time. My only complaint is the lack of communication from HER in just what is causing the delays.

I don't think all the fans are "attacking" HER. In fact many of us who post a lot on the Suggestions board are diehard fans hoping to improve the game, make fun suggestions as well as spending our time between games fantasizing about future great ideas.

Comment

• Ahhh yes, I'll definitely support a more mature themed Nancy Drew. I remember as a kid, I'd be frightened by tiny things like whenever Nancy gasps or when I'm trying to run away from a culprit but I've grown and become desensitised and need more scary stuff to stimulate me :/ I believe that any game would always be better when they induce emotions from players. So far, we have felt sad with Nancy, laughed, smiled, fan-girled and felt scared for her and that's what made us love the games. However, I'd like to see an increase in the scare department with either physical or psychological factors.

Of course, I'm aware that it's a tough decision to make considering that HER should target young kids in hopes of producing life-long fans and we can't scare them off too soon with ghosts and all
                          Last edited by assila97; June 29, 2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X