No announcement yet.

.×*¯×·._»Petition For Less Third Person -×-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I didn't really care. But then I kept reading and now I totally agree with you! I've played DS games where you control Nancy and it's not as much as being Nancy yourself. In the earlier games you explored everything! In CRY, I really liked exploring the garden and everything, but I didn't like how they had you walk through the graveyard. It would've been nice to see the fountain and everything else from a different view. I hated how you had to explore the grounds in HAU as well. So sign me up!

Sammy
    BUSY WITH COLLEGE
    MISSING EVERY MEMBER ON HERE

Comment

Sign me up! I honestly think it is very annoying.
      Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”
      ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Cases Solved
      SCK SCKR STFD MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLK TRN DAN CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN WAC TOT SAW CAP ASH TMB DED GTH SPY MED LIE

Comment

I'm signing in hopes that HER will keep the game in first person. I did enjoy some of the third person puzzles that were in RAN, but it would have been nice to do more first person exploration somewhere in there.
        Castle Quote
        Sorenson: Really, we're gonna waste time on the insights of Nancy Drew here?
        Castle: Is that supposed to be an insult? Because Nancy Drew solved every case!
        I love this line!

Comment

Sign me up. Quite honestly, it actually kind of irked me, the amount of third person
          there was in RAN. :\ I'd much rather see things through Nancy's eyes!

kaitienator
          .....Charlotte Thornton
          ......................s h e . a l w a y s . w a s . c h a r l o t t e

Proud co-founder of ND Ultimate Alternate Endings

Comment

Awesome, thanks for all the signatures. I've been playing RAN, and I have to say, a very large portion of it is spent in third person when they really could've made at least some of it first person. =[ I really hope this petition can get enough signatures to bring it to HER's attention.
            ........--.......Maddy......--
            ...........¸•*¨¯*•,............,•*¨¯*•¸
            ..........((....*•-•’............’•-•*....))
            .¸•*¨¯¨*•,*•,¸¸,•*¨¯*•, ,•*¯¨*•,¸¸,•* ,•*¨¯¨*•¸
            ((....*•-•’...)).....*•-•’ ’•-•*....((.....’•-•*....))
            ..*•.,¸_¸,.•* ¨¯¨*•¸..........¸•*¨¯¨*•.,¸_¸,.•*
            ,•*¨¯¨*•¸.............))......((............¸•*¨¯¨*•,
            .‘•-•*.....*•.,¸_¸,.•* ©*NS* *•.,¸_¸,.•*.....*•-•’

...•*¯*•.» S u n s e t S i g s -×-
            ........Petition For Less Third Person
            .......Petition For More Mature Games

Comment

I'll sign.
              ~ W A R N I N G S ~ A T ~ W A V E R L Y ~ A C A D E M Y~
              Coming October 2009

This lovely signature is done by the very talented nanfan1314!

Comment

I Completely agree. The only time I could accept third person was in the end of CRE because Nancy was the third person.

Comment

I completely agree, sign me up!
                  ¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
                  `·-·*_…)………Can't Read My Scopa Face!......………………¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸
                  …… .·´ ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸……………………_…¸·*¨¯¨*·¸……`·-·*…_).∙*¨¯¨*∙.
                  ……(`·-·*…_)……………………_…`·-·*_…)`×.,¸__¸,.×´ `∙-∙*_…)) ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸
                  ……`×.,¸__¸,.×´…… ………¸.×*¨¯¨*×.,¸_¸,.×*©MysteryBook¸·*¨¯¨*·¸×*……_)
                  ……(………_`*×·.,¸___¸,.·×*´¸·*¨¯¨*·.,¸_¸,.×*¨¯¨*×.,¸_¸,.×*`·-·*_…)`×.,¸__¸,.×´
                  ……_`×.,¸(¯)_,.×´……_)`·.¸♥ `·-·*_…)*×.,¸`·-·*¸,.×*¨¯¨*×.,¸__¸,.×*
                  ……………`*×.,¸__¸,.×*`×.,¸__¸,.×´©dg
                  ~ Lady Gaga

Comment

I totally agree! Sign me up!

^That makes me happy.

Comment

I totally agree! Sign me up!

How many signatures do you need before you send it in to HER?
                      Dare To Play
                      I Am A
                      Ringer Trekkie Whovian And Potterhead

(Disclaimer: The Star Stands For Sirius, 'Cause He's Very Important, And I Couldn't Find a Smilie For Him)

Comment

I agree! I loved playing as Nancy in first person, it made the game so much more fun. I loved DOG mostly because of how we looked at the game; in first person. Sign me up!

gina
                        i fell in love with you - ♥ -
                        like bees to honey
                        ...........--------

Comment

I hate the 3rd person!! And I am so happy people have been making petitions to "ban" it. Like I loved DDI when we got to canoe and we could still see things through Nancy's eyes. It makes the game so much more suspenseful. Because [with 3rd person] you could see like a zillion miles around you, you could tell if people are coming up to knock you over the head and things like that, and it's no fun that way! If HER keeps the 3rd person there'd be no more turning around to see the culprit, because you could see him/her there all along and it would be no surprise to you!! So Sign me up!! I really hope we'll have some more games through Nancy's eyes instead of third person.
                          ........ ,•*¨¯¨*•.¸ .. Cause mirrors can’t see your heart
                          ........ ',¸¸,• ..... `•.,¸_¸,.>................¸.-•-.¸
                          ..<•-.¸ ........................|¯ `•.,¸_¸,.•´ ........)
                          .........`•.,¸_¸,.•´¯) .... ¸.-•> ............... <•´
                          (_¸.•´ ©L.bulldog & Rise Against

sorry I've been gone so long.
                          really miss you all!
                          -rachel <3

Comment

I'm all for third person and all, but I prefer my adventure games in first person.

Sign me up, please and thanks!

Comment

I definitely agree, and I never realized how much I agreed until I read your petition! Sign me up!
                              when i grow up i wanna be nancy drew

Comment

I agree as well. Contolling Nancy in RAN especially was upsetting to me. The game summaries have always said "...Can you, as Nancy Drew..." but that doesn't even happen 100% of the time anymore. As I was controlling Nancy in RAN, I felt like some omniscient, anonymous person looking down on her, controlling her like a robot. Plus, HER is try to gradually reveal Nancy's face, and they're doing it all wrong. Since when is Nancy a brunette?! On the Bat Steep she had brown hair. That was the last straw. Honestly, it struck my mind the other day that perhaps they do third-person stuff because it requires less work. All's you need to make is a background and have it scroll across the screen as Nancy drives her golf cart. Shouldn;t HER put just a little bit more elbow grease into the creation of the game for our satisfaction? I wholeheartedly agree with you, *Nancy Star*.

Crescendo (:
                                crescendo

Comment

Working...
                                X