Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay Bob-The-Bay....how about this for a more detailed PLOT:

Nancy's headed to Mexico!

Nancy has agreed to help out her dad's old co-worker, *Jose*, on his farm in exchange for staying in Mexico for the summer. So far, the summer has been pretty great! She has learned a lot about farming and about the old traditional ways of the Hispanic people, including the language, food, and culture. She helps tend the fields of corn, and helps out every morning with the livestock.
    *Jose* even tells Nancy that many, many years ago, on the land that his farm is on now, used to be the old Aztec Empire! There have been stories passed down for generations in his family about an old Aztec shrine located somewhere on his property that contained solid gold ears of corn (since corn was sacred to the Aztecs and was their main source of food)! The Aztecs worshiped the shrine in hopes of pleasing the Gods in order to have a good crop season in the years to come. But *Jose* tells Nancy that no such shrine has ever been found, and all it must be is a tall-tale told to the kids to spark their imaginations.
    But a short few weeks after Nancy arrives, there have been strange noises and sightings in the corn fields at night. The dogs bark and growl from the porch and the barnyard is overrun with chaos. One by one, the farmer's animals are disappearing, threatening his way of life and his means of income. With his farm dwindling, he will surely go bankrupt and be forced to sell his home and land. He blames the unfortunate events on the Chupacabra, a monster that feeds on animals and a local legend around these parts of Mexico.
    Is there an actual living legend terrorizing the farm, or has someone heard the stories and is now trying to scare away anyone who stands in the way of finding the lost shrine?
    The clock is ticking down and Nancy must gather her courage and find the Aztec shrine before El Chupacabra forces everyone off the property!
    Join Nancy in her next adventure:

Nancy Drew and The Monster of Mexico!

General Character Profiles
    ----The Farmer: After working in the United States, this farmer has come home to his roots in Mexico. Running a farm is hard, honest work and is now his only source of income. He has agreed to let Nancy stay the summer in exchange for a little help around his farm. Although he does need the extra help, is there an underlying motive in having a detective stay on his land that supposedly hides a secret shrine containing solid gold corn pieces? Or is he really just a simple farmer trying to make a living?
    ----Unknown Character
    ----Unknown Character
    ----Unknown Character
    ----Unknown Character

Running a farm is hard work! In this game, Nancy must tend the cornfields by learning when to pick ripe corn, knowing the different types of corn in the fields, and knowing what type of fungus can grow on the crops...

Feeding chickens is something Nancy is no stranger to, but milking cows is a completely different ball game! Nancy must feed the chickens and learn how to milk a cow to fill up buckets of milk to be sold or used for cheese making. Make enough cheese to sell for the farm and earn some pesos for every wheel of cheese you make!

Mexico is full of new and old traditions! Learn about the history, language, and beginnings of Mexico, including learning about the Aztec people that lived here so many years ago!

And that's what I could come up with. What do you think? Need more input into making the game...everything's open to imagine!

**The name "Jose" is general, stereo-typical, and completely subject to change! Hope I did not offend!
    Last edited by *~mYsTeRiA~*; July 21, 2010, 03:37 PM.
    ^Clicky^
    You know you want to!

You can help spread the word!!!
    Please re-post in your Siggy if you support Nancy in Greece!

Comment

That sounds good! I like it. Hopefully HeR will make this into a game. Also, since I learned about Mexico in Spanish class and how they use the metro, Nancy can travel by that through whatever city they choose for her to be in.
      Notice:
      Bob~the~Bay's back! If you remember her...
      Marry the Night ; I'm a warrior queen. . .

//+´ stars in our eyes cause we're
      HAVING A GOOD TIME, eh, eh, so happy
      ... i could die ... and iT's aLRigHt

Thank you IceChick for the beautiful Gagafull sigg!! This song is one of my favorites! I'm so happy, I could die...

Comment

That would be a really great game! I'd love that! Sign me up!
        ///...its too cold outside
        for angels to fly...\\\

Click away!

Comment

Okay Bob...I updated my plot....Need input and help with some of the stuff!
          ^Clicky^
          You know you want to!

Comment

Originally posted by *~mYsTeRiA~* View Post
            *Jose* even tells Nancy that many, many years ago, on the land that his farm is on now, used to be the old Aztec Empire! There have been stories passed down for generations in his family about an old Aztec shrine located somewhere on his property that contained solid gold ears of corn (since corn was sacred to the Aztecs and was their main source of food)! The Aztecs worshiped the shrine in hopes of pleasing the Gods in order to have a good crop season in the years to come. But *Jose* tells Nancy that no such shrine has ever been found, and all it must be is a tall-tale told to the kids to spark their imaginations.
            But a short few weeks after Nancy arrives, there have been strange noises and sightings in the corn fields at night. The dogs bark and growl from the porch and the barnyard is overrun with chaos. One by one, the farmer's animals are disappearing, threatening his way of life and his means of income. With his farm dwindling, he will surely go bankrupt and be forced to sell his home and land. He blames the unfortunate events on the Chupacabra, a monster that feeds on animals and a local legend around these parts of Mexico.
            Is there an actual living legend terrorizing the farm, or has someone heard the stories and is now trying to scare away anyone who stands in the way of finding the lost shrine?
            The clock is ticking down and Nancy must gather her courage and find the Aztec shrine before El Chupacabra forces everyone off the property!

I have a tiny issue or two with this...
            • It sounds like a Scooby Doo plot, the old, scare people off the property! bit***edited*** It's way to similar, down to the title.
            • El Chupacabra has no connection to the Aztec Empire. "The Goat Sucker" is a "recent" occurence, its first sightings happening in the 1990s.
              • "The first reported attacks occurred in March 1995 in Puerto Rico. In this attack, eight sheep were discovered dead with puncture wounds in the chest and completely drained of blood."
            Sorry if I'm being a know-it-all...

*I'm working on typing up a plot idea.*

(Also, Bob~the~Bay, your translation of ***edited*** is incorrect. Basic spanish is a present-tense language, meaning that your siggie would really read "We go to Mexico with Nancy")

No Web Links or Email Addresses:
            Do not post any web links, URLs, or email address links in the message board. Self promotion of
            personal websites and step by step instructions to get to a website are not allowed.

Also:
            Posting Language:
            Post in English only, unless the foreign language used is quoted directly from a game.

Please realize that the purpose of a petition is to agree with the idea being presented. Petitions are not for discussions. Should you read a petition that you do not agree with, please do not post. Instead, you are welcome to create your own petition with your own idea.
            Last edited by catsandbooks; July 24, 2010, 12:07 PM.

I've pretty much quit the forums. I'll pop on once in a while, I guess... I probably won't be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkxRhino View Post
              • It sounds like a Scooby Doo plot, the old, scare people off the property! bit. ***edited*** It's way to similar, down to the title.
              • El Chupacabra has no connection to the Aztec Empire. "The Goat Sucker" is a "recent" occurence, its first sightings happening in the 1990s.
                • "The first reported attacks occurred in March 1995 in Puerto Rico. In this attack, eight sheep were discovered dead with puncture wounds in the chest and completely drained of blood."

(Also, Bob~the~Bay, your translation of "Vamos" is incorrect. Basic spanish is a present-tense language, meaning that your siggie would really read "We go to Mexico with Nancy")
              Yeah, but someone trying to find something left by the Aztec could be using the legend of the chupacabra to scare people away...And I know that animals are usually completely drained of blood...but that seems a little dark for HER to make a game based on...easier to say the animals are just disappearing for younger players.

And I've never even watched Scooby Doo the monster of mexico! lol but GMTA! haha
              Last edited by catsandbooks; July 24, 2010, 12:08 PM.
              ^Clicky^
              You know you want to!

Comment

• It sounds like a Scooby Doo plot, the old, scare people off the property! bit. ***edited*** It's way to similar, down to the title.

(Also, Bob~the~Bay, your translation of ***edited***" is incorrect. Basic spanish is a present-tense language, meaning that your siggie would really read "We go to Mexico with Nancy")

My sister said the same thing about the first place 'it' was seen, in Puerto Rico. I picked Mexico though because that's where everyone who believes says it could be found now.
                I looked up on the internet how to say Let's go to Mexico with Nancy, that's what it said. I'll fix it (since I don't remember anything from spanish class) first chance I get. Thanks! :)
                Last edited by catsandbooks; July 24, 2010, 12:09 PM.
                Notice:

Thank you IceChick for the beautiful Gagafull sigg!! This song is one of my favorites! I'm so happy, I could die...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob~the~Bay View Post
                  My sister said the same thing about the first place 'it' was seen, in Puerto Rico. I picked Mexico though because that's where everyone who believes says it could be found now.
                  I knew it was first seen in PR, and trust me, when I told my husband about it being in Mexico for the sake of the game..he strongly protested! Lol he's from PR and said that the Chupacabra is their legend! lol! I thought it was funny!

But it's for a game..so I'm sure no one will care as long as the game is well thought out.

Bob, did you read my updated plot, character profile, and gameplay for it?
                  ^Clicky^
                  You know you want to!

Comment

I want to save HeR from going into a Law Suit...

The bit about the original sighting wasn't to shoo y'all away from the idea of Mexico. I was trying to make an example of the time when the Urban legend of El Chubacabra started.

I also want to make sure this has a bit of accuracy.
                    • The Aztecs did not, infact, care for corn in a religious way. It was meerly food. They instead worshiped Quetzalcoatl, the feathered serpent who gave corn to man.
                    • The only time that corn was dipicted or revered in the time of the Aztecs was when Quetzalcoatl was around.
                    • Aztecs cities, temples, and villages were all built on or near water. El Chupacabra is usually connected with the desert, unless it is in Puerto Rico.
                    • Many of El Chupacabra's sightings have been in the Chihuahuan Desert.
                    I'm very sorry if I appear rude... I tend to be very analytical and critical, especially when it comes to history, legends, and mysteries.
                    Last edited by PinkxRhino; July 21, 2010, 04:04 PM. Reason: I'm sorry for seeming so mean... D:

I've pretty much quit the forums. I'll pop on once in a while, I guess... I probably won't be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by *~mYsTeRiA~* View Post
                      I knew it was first seen in PR, and trust me, when I told my husband about it being in Mexico for the sake of the game..he strongly protested! Lol he's from PR and said that the Chupacabra is their legend! lol! I thought it was funny!

But it's for a game..so I'm sure no one will care as long as the game is well thought out.

Bob, did you read my updated plot, character profile, and gameplay for it?
                      I'm from PR too (well born in the U.S). HeR can change it to PR if they want but, Mexico is where lots a people are saying 'it' was last seen. (Which is funny, how would 'it' get from PR to Mexico, that's the real mystery)
                      Notice:

Comment

Originally posted by Bob~the~Bay View Post
                        I'm from PR too (well born in the U.S). HeR can change it to PR if they want but, Mexico is where lots a people are saying 'it' was last seen. (Which is funny, how would 'it' get from PR to Mexico, that's the real mystery)
                        lol, true...that is the real mystery.

he was born in the us too....but that didn't stop him from protesting. he's ben saying nancy should go to PR. lol

Well, if it's too much of a technicality, then change the type of monster terrorizing Mexico.

The Aztec story is a little rough, but could be fine-toned into a good plot...

And the game play could be really good. It's got good bones...just have to fine tune it.
                        Last edited by *~mYsTeRiA~*; July 21, 2010, 04:17 PM.
                        ^Clicky^
                        You know you want to!

Comment

The bit about the original sighting wasn't to shoo y'all away from the idea of Mexico. I was trying to make an example of the time when the Urban legend of El Chubacabra started.
                          In fact, many of El Chupacabra's sightings have been in the Chihuahuan Desert.

I just want this mystery to make sense and be good.

'Cause many of the recent games have been a let down (Can you say WAC?)

Comment

My idea for the mystery! ~Under Construction~

Plot Summary:
                            Nancy Drew is paying a visit to Mexico, planning to have a vacation provided by Luis Mandez, a friend and retired colleague of her father.
                            Luis lives in a lavish Hacienda on a mountainous stretch of land outside the city of Sierra Roja. He loans out the land to a group of ranchers that raise goats and sheep on the property.
                            Upon her arrival to the Hacienda, Nancy finds a cold silence has been going on between Senor Luis and his tenants. She starts to gain pieces of the story, learning that fractions the live stock have vanished.
                            Matters worsen when another disappearance happens. Only, this time, it's not animals that are taken, but Ignacio Mandez, the son of Senor Luis!
                            In Sierra Roja, rumors offer a most chilling explaination--El Chupacabra. Is it just a tall tale spurred by fear, or has this terrifying "urban legend" reared its head, coming to life to haunt the people of Sierra Rojo? And why is this beast beginning to terrorize the town?
                            All too soon, Nancy is falling head first into a new mystery, filled with deceit, secrecy, and goats.
                            Characters (still being edited)
                            Luis Mandez - Owner of the Hacienda where Nancy is staying.
                            Ignacio Mandez - Son of Luis.
                            Carlita Dulce - Wife of the head rancher on the land. Carlita is very superstitious and a notorious gossiper.
                            Thomas Dulce - The boss rancher on Senor Mandez's property.
                            Pilar Delgado - A native of Sierra Roja.
                            Last edited by PinkxRhino; July 24, 2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Plot Summary:
                              Nancy Drew is paying a visit to Mexico, planning to have a vacation provided by Luis Mandez, a friend and retired colleague of her father.
                              Luis lives in a lavish Hacienda on a mountainous stretch of land outside the city of Sierra Rojo. He loans out the land to a group of ranchers that raise goats and sheep on the property.
                              Upon her arrival to the Hacienda, Nancy finds a cold silence has been going on between Senor Luis and his tenants. She starts to gain pieces of the story, learning that fractions the live stock have vanished.
                              Matters worsen when another disappearance happens. Only, this time, it's not animals that are taken, but Ignacio Mandez, the son of Senor Luis!
                              In Sierra Rojo, rumors offer a most chilling explaination--El Chupacabra. Is it just a tall tale spurred by fear, or has this terrifying "urban legend" reared its head, coming to life to haunt the people of Sierra Rojo? And why is this beast beginning to terrorize the town?
                              All too soon, Nancy is falling head first into a new mystery, filled with deceit, secrecy, and goats.
                              Characters (still being edited)
                              Luis Mandez - Owner of the Hacienda where Nancy is staying.
                              Ignacio Mandez - Son of Luis.
                              Carlita Dulce - Wife of the head rancher on the land. Carlita is very superstitious and a notorious gossiper.
                              Thomas Dulce - The boss rancher on Senor Mandez's property.
                              Pilar Delgado - A native of Sierra Rojo.
                              Hey, this is great! I love it! Thanks :)
                              Notice:

Comment

It sounds good, but I just have one question:

Why has the son been taken? What relates him to the chupacabra?
                                ^Clicky^
                                You know you want to!

Comment

Working...
                                X