Petition for Greece!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for Greece!

I want to see Nancy go to Greece, and I know there is already a petition to go there, I'm just trying to get more sigs and help out!

Here's my ideas about ND going to Greece:

Hmm...Okay, how about this for a PLOT:

The culprit had read an ancient scripture about finding a pouch full of ancient Drachma coins (among other gems and jewelry) that was supposedly left by the Gods for someone who was worthy to find it. They were trying to restore their faith in man, and left clues for the lucky person with wit and enough brawn to figure out their cryptic puzzles. If real, the pouch would be worth a fortune today.
    While trying to figure out where the treasure might be, and keeping with the "Greek" theme, the culprit is going undercover in the night as Medusa. If anyone "sees" the culprit in action, a cold, gray statue is the only thing left of them left where they last stood to be found the next morning; appearing that they have completely turned to stone (but unknownst to us that they are actually being kidnapped).
    The culprit also leaves a note on the "statue" stating that unless the rest of the townspeople wishes to be turned to stone, they would stay away, giving the culprit a chance to look for the coins without prying eyes.
    But appearently, they don't know Nancy Drew!
    Could the ancient scripture be telling of unfounded treasures of a time long forgotten?
    Or could this just be another myth?
    Nancy must solve an ancient mystery using nothing but her wits and recover the treasure before the whole city of Crete is turned to stone!
    Join Nancy Drew in The Curse of Medusa!

General Character Profiles:
    ----The Artist/Sculptor: Someone that makes a living selling mini-sculptures of Greek gods/goddess' out of his studio office to tourists that wish to take home a souvenir. Could they possibly be capable of making life-sized statues? Or are they being framed?
    ----The Street Vendor: Always leaving to run errands and take little breaks here and there, are they being truthful in everything they do? Or could they be tired of a job where they make just enough money to get by and is now looking for a "get-rich-quick" scheme?
    ----A Greek Mythologist: A person (Not of Greek Origin/from some other country) who went to school and became a Greek Mythologist and came to Crete, Greece to work as a teacher of Greek Mythology (Go Alpha Beta Phi!!!...all Greek alphabet, another puzzle later on perhaps?). They love the country, culture, food and especially the myths. They know the ins and outs of every myth...even Medusa's. Do they truly enjoy their job? Or have they been corrupted after finding a certain scripture about a pouch full of coins that could be worth a fortune?
    ----A Museum Curator: Someone who works in a museum of Greek History. They have set up shop in a replica of one of the ancient temples, but the relics and artifacts are very real. With a Doctorate Degree behind them, they are in charge of the acquisition and storage of a museum's collections. Being up close and personal and able to touch many of these artifacts is a Curator's dream, but has this particular curator been trying to follow the clues left on these pieces of ancient history? Only time (and Nancy, of course!) will tell.
    ----Tour Guide: This person deals with tourists all day. They take groups of people on tours all across the city of Crete, as well as to some neighboring isles and show what Greece has to offer. Usually, an average person would have to use a map to navigate around, but not this tour guide. This tour guide knows the area so well, that one of the tours even includes a brief look into parts of the catacombs that hasn't been blocked off by the city! But just how well does the tour guide know the dangerous catacombs? For someone who knows the land so well, it would be easy to know all the secret back-ways to find lost treasure!

With so many suspects, it's pretty much anyone's game...Or is someone trying to throw us off the trail by putting out a stone statue of themselves and "disappearing" from us, making us think they are the victim...or are they? Only the game will tell.

If Nancy went to Crete, Greece; could you imagine the game play?

The beautiful, warm sunshine blanketing the sloping geography of Crete overlooking the ocean...

All the gray stone statues of Gods and Goddess' of ancient greek mythology past with hidden clues carved into them?
    ----Secret flip out panels that hold puzzles that no one has ever even noticed! Nancy would be the first to ever gaze upon them since they were made!

The white marble temples and buildings made of a different time in history...what secrets they could hold etched in their floors or walls...
    ----Clues and secrets built into buildings like the Parthanon, and temples like the Temple of Athena.

The ancient myths and stories of all the Gods and Goddess'....Athena (Goddess of War and Wisdom), Zeus (God of the Sky and Weather), Hercules (Hero, son of Zeus), Hermes (Messanger/Deliverer for the Gods), Aphrodite (Goddess of Love and Beauty), Poseidon (God of the Seas) ...could you imagine all the puzzles?
    ----I figure the first puzzle we'd have to do is check out a website and we'd have to match the greek gods/goddess' to what they were known for so we have a basic knowledge of each...
    So we find a Hermes statue, Oh, what's this? a secret panel that flips out on the base of the statue? We have a messanger/delivery puzzle? We have to deliever this sword to Athena? It's been missing all these years? She needs it in case a battle ever breaks out tp protect her people? Okay....*Takes sword to the Temple of Athena and places in a marble stone block that has a slit cut into it (Like the Sword in the Stone) Done..Secret compartment pops out like a drawer and there's another piece of parchment paper with...what's this?
    Another puzzle!!! Who woulda guessed? lol Every puzzle gives a clue to the next God/Goddess' puzzle..

Since Greece is made up of many islands, maybe we would have to use Greek astronomy and zodiac to navigate to certain islands with an ancient map to uncover ancient ruins of a time long forgotten...?

To earn money (Euros)...Maybe we can convince a street vendor to let us make Greek Salads for hungry tourists...Spinach, Olives, Tomatoes, Red Onions, Cucumbers, Bell Peppers, Feta Cheese, Beets, Vinegar and Olive oil...A lot to choose from, and a lot of different salad combinations for our customers....
    ----Maybe the vendor has to run some errands or is just wanting a little break and agrees to let us run the little salad cart for the time that he's gone and allows us to keep what we've earned for doing him a favor!

Ooooh, and maybe we can buy all kinds of things..like baklava! Mmm yummy. lol Or like in Shadow ranch, where we had to bake a cake for Tex, or in Danger by Design where we had to make Chocochip mint cookies for JJ...maybe we would have to make Baklava for someone or for an event as one of our puzzles...and we make Greek salads just for money..
    That way, we still do a little cooking/baking or whatever and that is a "Have to" in the game to progress, and only when we need money we have to make Greek salads...but we're not REQUIRED to do repetetive cooking like in ICE. You only make salads whenever you need money.

And they can put in catacombs. Can't think of Greece and not think catacombs!
    ----Maybe HER could make the catacombs between a mix of the woods in DOG and the underwater tunnels in DAN, and we'd find the kidnap-ee hidden away deep within this maze!

So Far I have:

1)*~mYsTeRiA~*
    2)Allie-Oops
    3)nancydrewfreak3
    4)shadowspinner
    5)kinkaida
    6)ihavewonthemall
    7)BrownEyedgrl
    8)Hermes
    9)Bob~the~Bay
    10)Hardy-Girl
    11)Spaghetti
    12)JokerSidekick14
    13)loonylovegood32
    14)haunted_mansion
    15)Canadian Sleuth
    16)JenLovesNancy
    17)PrivateEye17
    18)nancydrewsolver
    19)PinkxRhino
    20)nicocullen
    21)pinkluver99
    22)nancydrewfinder
    23)HOOGENWEIMER16
    24)livelaughlove10
    25)djc2650
    26)CHEESE PUFFS
    27)nancydrewfreak3
    28)bringthanoize
    29)nancyneedtoknow
    30)skittlesm&m
    31)sneakydancer101
    32)GravityDefyer
    33)Black Diamond
    34)balletgirl
    35)ilyx3
    36)hamsterhaven11
    37)Hoppy227
    38)superslueth18
    39)penhawks_pwn_
    40)NancyDrewNerd
    41)uni079
    42)ihappy
    43)Adventure gamer
    44)*SUPERLUCKY#13*
    45)CanadianPenguin
    46)aberta22
    47)SpringHusky
    48)TeamDrew
    49)gingo123
    50)heidikram
    51)Nature Drew
    52)NANCYDREWGRLO0O
    53)CutieCoco
    54)nancyfanmomdd
    55)bluesky12
    56)Bookworm467
    57)DownWithTwlight
    58)Det.NancyDrew10
    59)Joculatrix
    60)

I need a whole bunch more. I inch up only a few a day. I'm trying to get 500.
    *~mYsTeRiA~*
    Last edited by *~mYsTeRiA~*; October 19, 2010, 06:19 PM. Reason: Adding sigs/more text.
    ^Clicky^
    You know you want to!

You can help spread the word!!!
    Please re-post in your Siggy if you support Nancy in Greece!

This sounds like a wonderful idea!!!! I love the whole plot line with Medusa! Oh my goodness, definitely sign me up!

-Claire
    "If life were a good book,&professor hotchkiss, tmb
    you'd be my favorite reoccurring character."

…………………(¯`+¸
    …….¸×´¨¯¨`¤¸….`׸.`¤¸…….(¯`׸
    …….`·-·*…….`+¸….`¤¸.`׸….`¤¸..`+¸…….(¯`+¸
    …………………..`×.,¸_)….`+¸…..`׸..`¤¸....`׸...`¤¸
    …………………………………`¤.,¸_)…..`+¸….`¤¸...`׸
    ………………………………………………..`×.,¸_)

Comment

Oh my gosh, I love your idea, sign me up!
      ...........[</3]..ifinallybrokedown........`«.,¸_¸,.·´¨¯)·.,¸_¸.....
      ....[ secret love ) my escape..takemefarfaraway

.............secret [ ♥ ], are you there?............
      please take me anywhere but here......
      .....(¯`·¸...........´¯`·(¯`,..,.·»...·´......../........
      ............`·.,¸_¸,.·´............`·.,...`·-·´..- mayday parade

Sorry that I haven't been on much guys! I've been super busy with gigantic art and science culminating projects, and my exams start tomorrow (my last official school day was today! Yay!) So I'll be back some time next week! See ya then! :D

Comment

sign me up!
        jen loves nancy

Comment

Mmm, Baklava!

Oo, so very compelling! Plus, I'm up for anything involving Feta Cheese and Baklava!!! [I was raised on Mediterranean food...]

Sign me up, please!

[Also, I maybe wrong, but wasn't Athena the Goddess of Wisdom while Aries was the God of War?]

[One more thing, if you ever need help or something, I'd be glad to assist you. No, I'd be honored! And may I put a link to this in my siggie area?!? ]

Nancy in Greece!
          PinkxRhino
          Last edited by PinkxRhino; July 20, 2010, 01:48 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts added! :D

I've pretty much quit the forums. I'll pop on once in a while, I guess... I probably won't be missed.

Comment

Okay, I just updated the original post (added character profiles), feel free to look and leave comments.
            ^Clicky^
            You know you want to!

Comment

SIGN ME UP!
              *♥-,.,-♥*-,.,-♥**♥-,.,-♥*-,.,-♥*
              Love
              ♥-,.,-♥*-,.,-♥**♥-,.,-♥*-,.,-♥*
              Is not a fight
              But its something worth fighting for

Comment

I would love to have a game in Greece. I took a World Mythology class just because I love Greek myths. Sign me up

Comment

Originally posted by PinkxRhino View Post
                  Oo, so very compelling! Plus, I'm up for anything involving Feta Cheese and Baklava!!! [I was raised on Mediterranean food...]

Sign me up, please!

[Also, I maybe wrong, but wasn't Athena the Goddess of Wisdom while Aries was the God of War?]

[One more thing, if you ever need help or something, I'd be glad to assist you. No, I'd be honored! And may I put a link to this in my siggie area?!? ]

Nancy in Greece!
                  You know, as much as I roam this thread, I don't know how I've completely missed your reply! *jaw drops* Astonishing!

I thought that Athena was the Goddess of War and Wisdom..I knew she was the Goddess of Wisdom as well...but I thought she also did war...I could be wrong, and props for noticing! I knew that Aries is the God of War...I forgot about him when I was posting. I would be happy to change it to add Wisdom as one of her glorious traits.

And about your siggy, I was happy you made one. I don't know how to make those..and of course you can use it! I was just trying to figure out how to put something like that in mine as well. lol. I'm very computer literate, I can hack into computers, reprogram computer software through the BIOS, and I can even reboot/reprogram someone else's computer from my computer using IP addresses, but I guess signatures are too much for me. lol
                  *~mYsTeRiA~*
                  Last edited by *~mYsTeRiA~*; July 20, 2010, 03:53 PM.
                  ^Clicky^
                  You know you want to!

Comment

that sounds liek an amazing idea invlolving mythology would be awesome
                    Ouran Highschool Host Club

Only those with excellent social standing and those from filthy rich families, are lucky enough to spend their time

here at the elite private school, Ouran Academy... The Ouran Host Club is where the school handsomest boys with

too much time on their hands entertain girls who also have way too much time on their hands. Think of it as

Ouran Academy's elegant playground for the super-rich and Beautiful...

I"ll Show you a Sweet Dream Next Night
                    "You could never betray her, because you are under her obligation. You are being let to live because of that, Zero. By me..."
                    "You've finally fallen to the bloodlust of beasts, Zero Kiriyuu."
                    - Kaname Kuran

Comment

I just did some digging... Turns out, Aries and Athena (she's also Goddess of Wisdom) share being the dieties of War. So, we were both right! :D

And this may sound silly, but I thought that maybe you had skipped my post because of my "Aries" thing. I wasn't trying to insult or anything! I just really want to help. It's my dream to help make a Nancy game.
                      PinkxRhino
                      Last edited by PinkxRhino; July 20, 2010, 04:43 PM.

I've pretty much quit the forums. I'll pop on once in a while, I guess... I probably won't be missed.

Comment

I love your idea! It's awesome (: I really hope HeR listens and takes your idea into consideration! I'd love to play this game!
                        so sign me up please!
                        -megan
                        &Megan!

♥happy 2O11 (: I hope it's everything you want it to be and more
                        12 more days (:

t h ε • a v ، ∂ • a a я ∂ v a я Ԟ s •

Comment

Copy and paste the code below after pressing quote. Please put it in your siggie and spread the word!

PinkxRhino
                          Last edited by PinkxRhino; July 21, 2010, 09:03 AM. Reason: Changed the font. This one looks cooler!

Comment

Sign me up! This is an amazing idea and I would most definitely play this game! I really hope this idea goes throug to HER and they make it into a game!
                            I know Secrets Can Kill!
                            I Stayed Tune for Danger!
                            I deciphered The Message in a Haunted Mansion!
                            I found The Treasure in Royal Tower!
                            I witnessed The Final Scene!
                            I won't tell The Secret of the Scarlet Hand!
                            I pet The Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake!
                            I rode The Haunted Carousel!
                            I sensed Danger on Deception Island!
                            I whispered The Secret of Shadow Ranch!
                            I cured The Curse of Blackmoor Manor!
                            I solved The Secret of the Old Clock!
                            I rode The Train to Blue Moon Canyon!
                            I know there's Danger by Design!
                            I saw The Creature of Kapu Cave!
                            I followed The White Wolf of Icicle Creek!
                            I heard The Legend of the Crystal Skull!
                            I unmasked The Phantom of Venice!
                            I witnessed The Haunting of Castle Malloy!
                            I know The Ransom of the Seven Ships!
                            I was given The Warnings at Waverly Academy!
                            I twisted in The Trail of the Twister!

I cast The Shadow at Waters Edge!
                            I wore the necklace with The Captive Curse!
                            I proved my Alibi in Ashes!

CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMB OF THE LOST QUEEN!

Comment

SIGN ME UP!

Comment

Working...
                              X