Nancy and the Scottish play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nancy and the Scottish play!

What if Nancy went to the theatre and there was a production of Macbeth, which (for those who don't know) is supposed to be cursed?

She can go undercover as an understudy or something, and investigate mysterious things that go on because of the "curse".

Maybe they could bring in Jasmine Ivy and she can be all hysteric. Whatcha think?

roxsto
    Moonwitch
    *~mYsTeRiA~*
    kristlew99
    Tiny_Dancer
    Veil
    George Fayne 23
    penhawks_pwn_
    kw_drewfan
    tuskel
    mrscullen17
    ClandestineDuck
    ILOVENANCYDREW7
    samajama
    harry 1
    Miss_Fayne
    nancydrew1953
    nancyflowerbox1
    bananasforND!
    KeenOnKeene
    nancydrewgeek13
    [email protected]

Huzzah! 22 and counting...please rate! I'm aiming for 150.
    Last edited by AmandyShrew73; March 20, 2012, 11:12 PM.
    My Petitions
    Click them, please!:
    Nancy and the Scottish Play
    Nancy Drew @ Comic-Con!!!
    Nancy on the Queen Mary!!!

You know you play too much Nancy Drew when you call your boyfriend and tell him you "could use a hint."
    <3-Amandy Shrew

"-Everything we're about to do is exciting! I'm -----EXCIT---ED!!!"
    F--EF-ERI P---EIX-ES!!! Witc)( of Life 38D

1 Peter 3:3-4

I support Nancy going all over the globe.
    Scotland would be another I'd like to see.
    ^Clicky^
    You know you want to!

You can help spread the word!!!
    Please re-post in your Siggy if you support Nancy in Greece!

Comment

While it is a good idea for her to go to Scotland, I meant the Scottish play (M*cbeth by Shakespeare), because it is rumored by theatre geeks to be cursed. Any other Shakespearean play would be good as well.
      My Petitions
      Click them, please!:

You know you play too much Nancy Drew when you call your boyfriend and tell him you "could use a hint."
      <3-Amandy Shrew

Comment

I love all Shakespeare plays and think this would make for a really interesting mystery.

But, HER only takes suggestions based on Nancy Drew books. I'll be honest--I haven't read very many. Is there an ND book that involves Shakespeare in some way?

Nancy Madness! 2014 is HERE!

Looking for another game?
        Check out my original ultimate unofficial game guide

Comment

Originally posted by AmandyShrew73 View Post
          While it is a good idea for her to go to Scotland, I meant the Scottish play (M*cbeth by Shakespeare), because it is rumored by theatre geeks to be cursed. Any other Shakespearean play would be good as well.
          Yeah, I think any of his plays would be cool. And Dancer, maybe one of the books mention a play or production of some sort. I havent read that many of the books either
          it's not who you are u n d e r n e a t h
          but w h a t you do
          that defines y o u ; ; ;

Comment

It would be tons of FUN!!!
            I'll sign right up.

Lexis

Comment

I did some poking around and found a Nancy Drew Digest called "Crime in the Queen's Court." An Elizabethan festival is a target for sabotage!

I think this would be the perfect book to base the kind of game we'd like on.

Nancy Madness! 2014 is HERE!

Looking for another game?
              Check out my original ultimate unofficial game guide

Comment

Oh my gosh, thank you for responding! I've never read many of the books, either, just some, but I've never had an idea of mine catch on like this, either.

@ Tiny_Dancer. Yeah, I love Elizabethan era stuff and Renaissance festivals. Good idea!
                My Petitions
                Click them, please!:

<3-Amandy Shrew

Comment

if HER did make a game like this it would be awesome, especially because of the macbeth curse.

Comment

Wow! I am a major theater geek, and I'd just like to say that I think this would be a great game!
                    I would LOVE to see a real theater in a ND game - not a previous theater where magicians performed and is now a movie house - a real, honest-to-goodness theater. {FIN is still my favorite game, don't get me wrong, but yeah} This idea actually sounds realistic and like it would make a good game. Plus, Crime in the Queen's Court sounds just similar enough to pass for the book the game would be based on. :) I think I'm going to take this idea into consideration and contemplate what I would make the game like if it were mine. Haha :D
                    Reps + 5 stars!

kaitienator!
                    Last edited by kw_drewfan; August 25, 2010, 10:13 AM.
                    .....Charlotte Thornton
                    ......................s h e . a l w a y s . w a s . c h a r l o t t e

Proud co-founder of ND Ultimate Alternate Endings

Comment

So, here's what I'm thinking: maybe one of the witches could have been after the role of Lady Macbeth (maybe Jasmine Ivy got it or something) and didn't get it, then there's some girl who is a huge fan of Jasmine. And they're both looked at immediately as obvious suspects and evidence is found for it. So they're both interrogated, and all the while it's the (actress who plays a witch)'s former best friend who's super jealous that her friend gets to be in the play when she just got her start in theatre and this girl's been working at it all her life (I'm making this off the top of my head, by the way). The real culprit also knows that if she gets rid of Jasmine, then her ex-friend will take her palce and that she can't handle a role like that. She just wants to humiliate her... to be continued. What do you think?
                      My Petitions
                      Click them, please!:

<3-Amandy Shrew

Comment

Interesting... *scratches beard* :)

And then we could have puzzles making props and costumes - a very important bit overlooked by almost everyone not working in a theatre, she sais, having completed a propman course in Uni. ;)

I absolutely would love a proper theatre game, I so wanted to like FIN, but I didn't at all (as you can see in my sig). And everything and anything to do with history and costume history is a definite vote from me, so sign me up!

tuskel,
                        sincerely
                        |SCK|STFD|MHM|TRT|FIN|SSH|DOG|CAR|DDI|SHA|CUR|CLK|TRN|DAN|
                        |CRE|ICE|CRY|VEN|HAU|RAN|WAC|TOT|SCK(R)|SAW|CAP|ASH|
                        |TMB|DED|GTH|SPY|MED|LIE|SEA| |LCC|RED|

|red a|orange b|yellowgreen c|green d|blue e|
                        rules

Currently Reading: "The Thirteenth Pearl"

Comment

Fantastic!

Originally posted by Tiny_Dancer View Post
                          I did some poking around and found a Nancy Drew Digest called "Crime in the Queen's Court." An Elizabethan festival is a target for sabotage!

I think this would be the perfect book to base the kind of game we'd like on.

I have actually read that Digest, Tiny_Dancer! It was great! I agree. This would be an awesome game. Plus, Macbeth is my favorite Shakespeare play!
                          Please call me Ziva

Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.
                          ~Mother Teresa~

Click on the king as Alexander the Great to sign my Petition for Nancy in Ancient Greece!

Sign this petition to support having a say in how Ned looks in future games! Click --->

Comment

Haha! That could be really interesting. (More than once have I been sent outside to spin around 3 times, curse, and ask to be let back in for accidentally saying the name.) I'd love to see this going on in an urban theater--back to NYC, maybe? Or even just Hartford?
                            "For a while these reveries provided an outlet for his imagination; they were a satisfactory hint of the unreality of reality, a promise that the rock of the world was founded securely on a fairy's wing..."
                            --The Great Gatsby

You want the "old Nancy" back? Let's talk about it!

Comment

I love that idea! If this is a petition I'll sign it. But I don't remember who Jasmine Ivy is. Could someone refresh me?
                              Please Wait While We Send Your Request.
                              *Catchy Phone Music You Always Get If
                              You're Put On Hold Plays*

Hello.
                              You have reached اrىm§ُn,
                              a awesome six chap long SSH AE by
                              ILOVENANCYDREW7.
                              Please leave a comment and rating
                              after the link.
                              This is a recording.
                              *LINK*
                              © Nance_Rox_101