♥ Pℓєαsє мακє sнıp oƒ sнa∂oωs, HєЯ! ♥

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ♥ Pℓєαsє мακє sнıp oƒ sнa∂oωs, HєЯ! ♥

I've read rumors that HeR may not make SOS, which really saddens me because I really adore the Dossier Series. Now, I know that the rumors may not be true, but I thought it'd be cool to have a thread listing all the people who want this game as much as I do.
    Adding to my point here, at the end of RED, there is a teaser for SOS, and it looks really awesome! Quite frankly, I don't think it's fair to give us a teaser that awesome and then not make it, you know? So if the rumors are indeed true, (I'm saying 'if', here people!) and HeR really isn't planning on continuing this series, I plead with them to at least make SOS since I, along with many others, have watched and soaked in every morsel of the teaser and have become very excited for this game.
    If you want HeR to make SOS, please feel free to sign the list with me. :)

P.S.: Here are three other petitions if you want HeR to keep making the Dossier Series: , and .
    Edited: And here is a fascinating petition to make SOS into an adventure game: If we can't have it as a Dossier Game, this seems like the way to go. :)

Edit: I want to thank everyone who signs with me for doing so. I'd post thanking you if I could, but since I can't unless it to discuss something about this or answer a question, I guess this is the next best thing. ;) So thank you! ♥ It means a lot to me!

Edited 3/12/2011: Wow, today the 10th person signed! Awesome! :)

Edited 3/17/2011:
    Oh no, the rumor is true (for the most part)!

SOS has officially been 'put on the bench' as Inter_Sleuth put it. (The link to the post where I found that information is here.) So I'm very bummed. :( Maybe if HeR sees this and sees all the people wanting it, they will take it off the bench and finish it. That is my hope at least.

Edited 3/18/2011: Wow, yesterday we reached 20 signers! Thanks guys! You are awesome! :)

Edited 3/20/2011: 25th signer! Yay! :)

Edited 3/24/2011: 30th signer! Thanks everyone! :)

Edited 4/5/2011: 40th signer! Thanks guys!

Edited 4/20/2011: 50th signer! Another milestone reached! Wahoo! Thanks everyone! :)

Edited 5/8/2011: 55th signer! Thanks guys! :)

Edited 5/26/2011: Wow, we now have over sixty people who have signed! Awesome! Thanks everyone! :)

Edited 6/2/2011: Over 70 signatures! Wahoo! :) Thank you so much, guys! :)

Edited 6/6/2011: Wow, 75 signatures! Another milestone reached! That's awesome! Thanks everyone! :)

Edied 6/7/2011: Wow, we're now over 80 signers! Yay! Thanks guys! :)

Edited: 6/19/2011: Over 90 signatures now, and over 100 posts! And thanks 60sNDfan for linking to the petition. :) Yay, thanks everyone for signing! You're awesome! :)

Edited 6/24/2011: We've reached 95 signatures today! Only five more and we'll reach the milestone of 100 signers! Thanks guys! :)

Edited 7/3/2011, at 3:07 P.M: Oh my, we're only two away from 100!!! Thanks guys!

Edited 7/3/2011, at 8:54 P.M: YAYAYAYAY! We've reached the 100 milestone today! Sweeeeet! Thanks everyone, you rock!

Edited 9/24/2011: Wow, we're only two away from 110! Thanks for signing, guys! :)

Edited 10/7/2011: We've reached 110!!! Thanks so much everyone! :)

Edited 10/20/2011: We have 115 signers! Awesome! Thanks guys! :)

Edited 12/25/2011: We have 120 signers! Whooo!!! :) Thanks you guys! You're awesome!

Edited 5/9/2012: *Shrieks* We've arrived at 125 signers! Thanks everyone, you guys are AMAZING!

Edited 5/27/2012: WHOA, we've reached over 135 signers now! Thanks so much, guys! :)

Edited 8/27/2012: Eep! We've passed 140 signers! Thanks to all! *Hugs*

Edited 9/12/2012: We're now at 148 signers! Yay! :) Just had my mind blown by the idea for a Kickstarter for SOS here. That would be so awesome! Unfortunately, we can't make a petiton for that though. *Sigh*

Edited 9/26/2012: We've reached the 150 signers milestone! *Throws confetti*

Edited 10/23/2012: We're up to 155 today! Thanks so much everyone!

Edited 5/22/2013: We reached another milestone today. Thanks so much you guys; you rock! :D

Edited 7/4/2013: We're up to 165! Thanks so much for signing!

Edited 8/9/2013: We're over 170! You guys rock! :D

Edit 4/28/2014: Are you wanting this game so bad that you'd help fund its release? Then check out this awesome thread by x jane fan x: Would HeR consider finishing Ship of Shadows if fans funded its completion?

So, here is the list. If you want your username listed in a special way, don't hesitate to ask! I'll update the list as frequently as possible:

1. Royal Payne
    2. Drew Detective
    3. DrewFan18
    4. It's Locked.
    5. Tom Thatcher
    6. NancyDrew122337
    7. senior drew fan
    8. emy7101
    9. snowee8
    10. - Pretty Paz
    11. SuperMystery025
    12. kylerdrew
    13. keep-me-posted
    14. 100%CATLOVER
    15. NancyDrew78
    16. James the Snoop
    17. [email protected]
    18. Rianna
    19. skittlesm&m
    20. KeronStar
    21. SwiMMinsTAr456
    22. sluthng4clues
    23. Nany D.
    24. diabeticangel
    25. NancyNatureGirl
    26. KeenOnKeene
    27. kristlew99
    28. Redwall
    29. Crystal_Talian
    30. belle_lover
    31. Kyokai
    32. ilovedodi
    33. celtic13
    34. MysteryBook
    35. tsukiakari
    36. mysterygirl607
    37. S1L2E3U4T5H6 (Ireland Luvr)
    38. theBlueWidow
    39. nancydrewfan115
    40. Athos the first
    41. nancyflowerbox1
    42. NancyXDrewO<3
    43. ihavewonthemall
    44. Miley133
    45. pintolove1
    46. NancyDrewgal111
    47. Mystery Fan 77
    48. letshappybento!
    49. shmoopaboots
    50. nednancy4ever1
    51. tuskel
    52. Calico Cat 13
    53. popcornGirl
    54. superslueth18
    55. ~NANCYDREW31FAN
    56. nancyxgo-round
    57. horsesN'mystery
    58. oceanianow
    59. mysteryhelp279
    60. (SassyDetective
    61. Reina
    62. Tiny_Dancer
    63. SteelMagnolias
    64. GetAClueGirlz
    65. BrownEyedgrl
    66. shadowspinner
    67. CutieCoco
    68. nancy_drew352
    69. hypocrates
    70. gwenny28
    71. NDGirl12182
    72. lovepug120
    73. Nature Drew
    74. KissMeLovely
    75. PoppyDada☼
    76. Kayla (mints123)
    77. x jane fan x
    78. Lyn (vjw1234)
    79. MommaofThree♥ (mommaofthree)
    80. George Fayne 23 (Lexis)
    81. mrscullen17
    82. TARDIS
    83. loverofnancy
    84. margggarrettt14
    85. Nancy Drew for
    86. pizzamonster555
    87. Hermes
    88. nancynut123
    89. babywantcookie
    90. 60sNDfan
    91. over 40
    92. klinetomars7711
    93. fashionflair
    94. Pi Guy
    95. happy_bunny
    96. Treasure_Seeker
    97. ~nancy-gal~
    98. loonylovegood32
    99. ndrew52
    100. Rupert#1Fan
    101. BeatleBand12
    102. arw8928
    103. livelaughlove10
    104. thecluecrew
    105. titanicgurl
    106. Bla-Ding!
    107. DachshundPup26
    108. luv coucou!
    109. DutchJames
    110. mystery mate
    111. soccerluver04
    112. dellkitty
    113. Sharpayevans101
    114. Jonty Rocks
    115. Rent_Rules
    116. Shnuckles99
    117. --GroovyGirl--
    118. RandomBananas
    119. Gegee23
    120. Namine12
    121. disneyfan17
    122. asiagoAttorney
    123. luv2micky
    124. Daphne911
    125. Penny~Penvellyn
    126. mnky81
    127. cemeterydrive
    128. mdetective12
    129. St. Susan
    130. silvercat22
    131. Hill-Top
    132. GivememoreND
    133. dectivesarah
    134. Team Bess
    135. LouLouluvr
    136. disneygirl12
    137. Nancy's Twin281
    138. monks9
    139. guineapigsrock
    140. Daae48
    141. Junkfood11
    142. DumbDetective
    143. CrystalDanger17
    144. Baron of Braganza
    145. MoonRaven
    146. jbnancydrewfans
    147. loveadobie
    148. GoNancyDrew
    148. Ndfan1234
    149. Claraballet
    150. Caity
    151. Monroe111
    152. steelbluewings
    153. kellbell318
    154. nancydrewfan225
    155. kasarific
    156. DaisysGirl
    157. mysticaldim
    158. NancyDrew119
    159. EloiseDrew
    160. shiregirl
    161. Heights9Fan
    162. ChicaMisteriosa
    163. snowwolf
    164. sleuthmcb
    165. Vanilla Muffin
    166. WeepingAngel1
    167. bumblebeex3
    168. inners17
    169. Nancydrewgirl03
    170. hazel99cat
    171. Krolmeister
    172. [email protected]
    173. steffachino
    174. MoonRaven
    175. sassyvicki1231
    176. Romans8_28
    177. NWDS
    178. alyrich2
    179. countrykatt
    180. Yelhsa4682
    181. cDRO
    182. superspy2000
    183. Bookwyrm70
    184. Isis4ever
    185. Lone White Wolf

Last edited by Royal Payne; October 12, 2014, 04:35 PM. Reason: Adding to the signers! Thanks guys! :D
    Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company 🦄 Seastar 🐼 Panda 🦔 Phillip the Pygmypuff 🐎 Stardust 🖖 Spock 🐊 Albert the Sheepigator 🌛 Count Vismak

I haven't played any dossier games yet... but I see no reason for them to stop making them now! They should at least make a few more... sign me up Penelope!
    Yay first signer
    Spread the word! On
    March 5
    We're going to set a new
    HER Record
    click here for more info

The HeR message boards taught me to be a girl who "isn't afraid"
    and to pursue my dreams! THESE very boards made me the
    creative girl I am today... thank you Herians! Though I don't have
    much time for ND these days, I sign in now and again to see
    what 'fun' is still being had here. -Penny

Comment

I don't know if you read the newest post from Inter Sleuth but it was mentioned at the end that they would talk about SOS soon. No idea when. But it didn't sound like HER was going to get rid of it. Of course I could be wrong.

Sign me up anyways!

The Ghost of Thorton Hall

Jamie is my Jace Wayland

Comment

I don't know if you read the newest post from Inter Sleuth but it was mentioned at the end that they would talk about SOS soon. No idea when. But it didn't sound like HER was going to get rid of it. Of course I could be wrong.
        Oh really? I read it, but I thought it was implied that they might not continue it. Hmm, maybe I took it the wrong way. But I'd still love to know how many people want this game as much as I do. :)
        Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company 🦄 Seastar 🐼 Panda 🦔 Phillip the Pygmypuff 🐎 Stardust 🖖 Spock 🐊 Albert the Sheepigator 🌛 Count Vismak

Comment

I could be completely wrong. I hope I'm not because I would love to play it!

The Ghost of Thorton Hall

Jamie is my Jace Wayland

Comment

Oh, I hope you're right too! :) I reeeeeally do!

Comment

Sign me up!!! ;)

~Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Inter_Sleuth View Post
                P.S. We'll talk Ship of Shadows soon. I promise.
                Yep, I agree with DrewFan18--if it were set in stone that they weren't going to make SOS at all, Inter_Sleuth's comment would've been different. What I gather from everything that's been said (and unsaid) up to this point is that the Dossier series had been put on hiatus indefinitely (as it didn't get quite the hoped-for numbers, I imagine), while HeR tried to gauge member (and general consumer) response to a few other newer concepts over the past year:
                - Special Editions via site pre-order (TOT:SE, SAW:SE)
                - Remastered Editions (SCK2 aka SCKR)
                - Online-only gifts (Favorites tin)
                - Audio/"Radio" drama
                - Mobile Mysteries (iSHA)
                - Giving the Nintendo thing another go (Hardy Boys on the DS)

The 80th Anniversary year was a busy one for HeR, no doubt about it!

(Now, of course, with ND25 on the horizon, I'm sure there's the decision about what to do with the speculation about whether or not it will be a "special" game, given that it's #25 after all. They may have already long decided this (and it might just be another awesome game, but not special because of the number), but I can't help but give it one more nudge! Two words: River Heights. Oh, and a third: please!)

I do believe that we die-hard pro-SOS members (and at least some of the mods!) have by now gotten HeR's attention enough to where they plan to do *something* to accommodate us (after all, SOS already was a teaser trailer, so that ship has already sailed, pardon the pun). It's just that, in order to run things responsibly from a business standpoint (we do want them to be able to keep a full staff, after all!), they've needed to see where these other initiatives would end up.

My guess (only a guess) is that SOS will end up being a site-only purchase (possibly extended to a very large online store, as with the Favorites tin), at least initially. But who knows, HeR has pulled more than one rabbit out of their hat over the years, and I remain nothing less than fully impressed with their work.

So, long story short, sign me up please, Royal Payne!
                Last edited by Tom Thatcher; March 7, 2011, 06:49 PM.
                Tom Thatcher
                If you see Becca Sawyer, let her know that Mr. Twain says we need to stop playing around and switch last names back, or else he's going back to being Mr. Clemens. (Of course, being a humorist, he was probably joking.)

Comment

Wow, very insightful post as always, Tom Thatcher! :) Thanks for this!
                  Originally posted by Tom Thatcher View Post
                  Yep, I agree with DrewFan18--if it were set in stone that they weren't going to make SOS at all, Inter_Sleuth's comment would've been different.
                  Which proves that I need to stop being such a pessimist... but I'm glad that I am most likely wrong!
                  What I gather from everything that's been said (and unsaid) up to this point is that the Dossier series had been put on hiatus indefinitely (as it didn't get quite the hoped-for numbers, I imagine), while HeR tried to gauge member (and general consumer) response to a few other newer concepts over the past year:
                  - Special Editions via site pre-order (TOT:SE, SAW:SE)
                  - Remastered Editions (SCK2 aka SCKR)
                  - Online-only gifts (Favorites tin)
                  - Audio/"Radio" drama What is this? I hadn't heard about this, I don't guess.
                  - Mobile Mysteries (iSHA)
                  - Giving the Nintendo thing another go (Hardy Boys on the DS)
                  Wow, I didn't realize that they tried so many different concepts in such a short time.

The 80th Anniversary year was a busy one for HeR, no doubt about it! True!

(Now, of course, with ND25 on the horizon, I'm sure there's the decision about what to do with the speculation about whether or not it will be a "special" game, given that it's #25 after all. They may have already long decided this (and it might just be another awesome game, but not special because of the number), but I can't help but give it one more nudge! Two words: River Heights. Oh, and a third: please! And a fourth from me: Ditto!)

I do believe that we die-hard pro-SOS members (and at least some of the mods!) have by now gotten HeR's attention enough to where they plan to do *something* to accommodate us (after all, SOS already was a teaser trailer, so that ship has already sailed, pardon the pun Punny indeed!). It's just that, in order to run things responsibly from a business standpoint (we do want them to be able to keep a full staff, after all!), they've needed to see where these other initiatives would end up. Agreed.

My guess (only a guess) is that SOS will end up being a site-only purchase (possibly extended to a very large online store, as with the Favorites tin), at least initially. If you are right, I hope that it is sold in boxed edition as well and not just as a download. But who knows, HeR has pulled more than one rabbit out of their hat over the years, and I remain nothing less than fully impressed with their work. Me too. :)

So, long story short, sign me up please, Royal Payne!
                  Done!

Comment

To answer your question about the radio drama, the Nancy Drew Radio Mysteries are something that HeR has been producing on their channel on a certain well-known Internet free media site--episode four was just released. The episodes are brief (a few minutes long) but quite hilarious and very well-made (no big shocker there--it's HeR)!

For the link to the channel (and to follow info and notices about future episodes being added), check out "Little Jackalope's" (Mysty's) posts on the Amateur Sleuth blog--most recently her March 3 post. As always, you can get to the Amateur Sleuth blog by the link at the bottom of the Community landing page, or by the link in the Amateur Sleuth sticky posted by nikeheart at the top of the Blogs & Tweets forum.

Enjoy! :

(Side note: Always remember that a member should refer people to the Amateur Sleuth blog only in those two ways mentioned above, not by posting the link oneself as it's an external site, as per nikeheart's sticky mentioned above. Same goes for the NDRM site, hence my "roundabout" answer.)

Last edited by Tom Thatcher; March 8, 2011, 07:24 AM.
                    Tom Thatcher
                    If you see Becca Sawyer, let her know that Mr. Twain says we need to stop playing around and switch last names back, or else he's going back to being Mr. Clemens. (Of course, being a humorist, he was probably joking.)

Comment

I've only played one dossier mystery but this one, The ship of Shadows sounds interesting. :) If HeR made it I would love to play it. Sign me up.

Comment

I am a dossier fan and really want HER to make SOS. Please sign me up.
                        ~~~ Senior Drew Fan ~~~
                        From Secrets Can Kill to Shadow at the Water's Edge
                        Nancy Rocks !

Waiting for "The Captive Curse"

Comment

I haven't heard about this! When/Where did HeR say that they weren't going to make SOS?? (not as in like a doubting way just like i want to read it!!!!) That makes me soooo sadd! I <3 dossiers just as much as adventure!

100% sign me up!
                          Hello.

Comment

Originally posted by emy7101
                            I haven't heard about this! When/Where did HeR say that they weren't going to make SOS?? (not as in like a doubting way just like i want to read it!!!!) That makes me soooo sadd! I <3 dossiers just as much as adventure!
                            Oh no, they haven't said that they aren't making it. But the thing is, they haven't said they are either, so I was beginning to get worried they they might not, hence this thread.

P.S.: Inter_Sleuth's last post on the Notes From HeR Interactive board said that they will talk about SOS soon, but I'm not sure if the news is going to be good or bad. I'm hoping it's good. (That's another reason I made this thread: I was hoping that if they had decided not to make it, that seeing this thread might change their mind.) :)

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Payne View Post

Oh no, they haven't said that they aren't making it. But the thing is, they haven't said they are either, so I was beginning to get worried they they might not, hence this thread.

P.S.: Inter_Sleuth's last post on the Notes From HeR Interactive board said that they will talk about SOS soon, but I'm not sure if the news is going to be good or bad. I'm hoping it's good. (That's another reason I made this thread: I was hoping that if they had decided not to make it, that seeing this thread might change their mind.) :)
                              oh ok thanks
                              Hello.

Comment

Working...
                              X