This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Board Software Upgraded

We upgraded the message board software over the evening. Please let us (by replying to this thread) or contacting moderators if you find any issues.
    From Your Friendly Webmaster

I think it's very odd, when you look at a users profile the add to buddy list thing is gone and last post is gone too. You are only able to put a user on your ignore list. The additional informations the user have written is gone too.
    An other thing I am a little puzzled about is the tags thing on the bottom of the page of the threads.
    ♥Kimmie ♥

.•*¨¯¨*•. Just when you thought
    `•-•*.....) it was safe to go back on the computer...
    ...…¸.•´.....•*¨¯¨*•. Trail of the Twister
    ..•*¨¯¨*•. (......*•-•´ .•*¨¯¨*•. ...........•*¨¯¨*•...
    (.….*•-•´ ¸.•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*.....).•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*.....).•*¨¯¨*•.
    .`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´ `•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´ `•.,¸,.•´......*•-•´

©LadyGreenleaf

Comment

A lot of the User's profile is messed up; it's all spread out with barely any words. The "Add User to my buddy list" is gone, but the "Add User to my ignore list" is there.

Also there's the edit tags thing below each page. I clicked on the word tags and it said search tags or something. You can also click on edit tags too.
      " The 'King of Pop' is not big enough for him. I think he is
      simply the greatest entertainer that ever lived ";;
      " He raised the bar and than
      broke the bar. " ;;
      Berry Gordy

Comment

I am puzzled by the new update. Everyone's profile seems to have been deleted. I can't even access my own profile. Are people not allowed to have them anymore??

Jessi
        ..... ' Downy feathers
        .....k i s s . y o u r . f a c e <33
        ..........and flutter everywhere;

............reality is _--
        ...a . l o v e l y . p l a c e , . b u t
        ........: : I wouldn’t want to \ .
        ............................ live there.

Comment

*phew* I thought it was just my account!

Why did you get rid of the profiles? Was it for security reasons?
          Darn...i thought it was kinda fun having these! :(
          Is this leading up to the new board?

Thanks!
          -Laura

Comment

I also noticed the freinds list is gone. :(

I am a bit confuzzled (confused/puzzled) from the changes... :)

Does anyone know when they will put up the new webpage?

-♥♥-
            Sarah
            Thanks to HER Interactive for filling my childhood with so much fun. Extra thanks to the wonderful friends I made back then. I haven't forgotten any of you. Wishing everyone the very best. <3

Comment

So, I'm not the ony one? That's good. Anyway, my profile is also all messed up, like everything is deleted. And, for me, also when I try to click a page, it comes up all messed up. Like the user who started the page, is in the middle and the replys are on top and on bottom of her.

And, I'm also wondering, are they putting the new website up today?
              cassie

Comment

Other than the Tags box at the bottom of each thread, I've also noticed:

On the Alternate Endings Board one of the threads has a symbol on the right side of the Thread Title line, just above where the rating stars appear, that I've never seen before. It looks like a little light blue pointed pencil. I've looked all over for another symbol like that and haven't found any.

It doesn't really qualify as an "issue", but I just thought I'd mention it since it's something different.

(P.S. Thanks for all your hard work here on the message board Markk!!!)

Comment

The blue, pointy thiung is a tag, which you can add to an ae/thread so if someone searches a certain keyword, say, "Baloney" then that ae would come up as a search answer. :)

♥Sarah
                  Thanks to HER Interactive for filling my childhood with so much fun. Extra thanks to the wonderful friends I made back then. I haven't forgotten any of you. Wishing everyone the very best. <3

Comment

Oh, thank you imonlyatwin1065! So does that mean that I "tagged" that AE when I did a search somehow? I often do searches of my own posts for hints/tips answers, and have never knowingly tagged something. How do I "untag" a thread?

Thank you for your help, and I'm sorry to be taking up space on this thread when it doesn't seem to be at all pertinent to the upgrade after all!

Comment

Yeah, this is odd. So I'm not the only one that has the odd profile screen. Well that's not good. Just like you Sarah, I'm a bit worried. Why did it turn like that? Was it like an accident? Or did HI mean to do this? I can't even see the detective levels in the profile or the signature. Not good.

--Derek

Comment

At the bottom of the page, theres an 'Edit Tags' button and a button that just says 'Tags'. To add tags, you click 'edit tags'. You can add up to only two per thread. You can also delete them by clicking 'edit tags'. You don't automatically add tags, you have to do it manually, so whatever you searched is not added on to that thread's tags. :)

♥Sarah

Comment

But, what are the tags for exactly? And, what will they do?

cassie

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOcean View Post
                            But, what are the tags for exactly? And, what will they do?

cassie

Aren't they like a key word that will help you find the thread or something?

--Derek

Comment

A tag is generally a keyword you can use to search for threads (or items, I've seen it on other websites). When a user types in a keyword, say, "Baloney" and a tag for a thread is 'baloney' or if the thread contains that word, then that thread will come up and it will make searching a tad easier for us. :)

Yep, Derek, thats basically what it is. :)

♥Sarah

Comment

Working...
                              X