This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't we just except it?

Okay, before I start off on this little speech, I'd just like to tell the mods that you are free to close it because it's just a comment, but I think this needs to be said.

For the past few days I've been seeing so many threads popping up with people complaining about the changes being made to the message board, and frankly it's been driving me crazy! Why don't we all just stop complaining and deal with the changes? It's going to happen anyway, so why don't we just try to be happy about it? The administrators are doing their best, and sure it may not be our favorite thing ever, but why do we have to complain?
    To illustrate the position of the admins, I want you to imagine that you decided to re-design some room of your house where a bunch of your friends come to hang out and spend time. So you design it and plan it out, pick new artwork and paint color, then you start your project; part way through some of your friends come over and start complaining about your project saying "Why did you chose that? That looks so bad! That's an ugly color! I liked the way it was before."
    Wouldn't you feel bad because they're complaining about all of your hard work?
    That's how I see it with the boards. We all come here to hang out, and spend time, and now it's getting a face-lift, but people are complaining about all of the admin's hard work.
    So I say, why don't we give them some slack? And let's face it...by this time next year, we'll probably have forgotten all about this little ordeal. Most (if not all) of us will probably love the new burgendy color, and if we are still complaining within a years time, that's just strange. I'm sorry.

Anyway, I know that this will be closed, but I just had to get it off my chest. So thank you for reading.

~Emi/Cakesniffer~
    Excuse me; I've just come by the latest whirlwind and I have ether all over me. Such a journey! My eyes are full of stardust. I still have a little planet fur on my spurs. A comet hair on my doublet!

~Cyrano

So true.
    In Christ Alone
    My hope is found
    He is my shield, my strength, my song!

Comment

Totaly!

-Rose
      let's steal us a
      wedding × stable ¤ concert! × hOspItal ¤ LABORATORY × baseball game ¤ movie set × SKI resoRT ¤ miracle
      l e v e r a g e

Comment

I don't think it will be closed, but you are so true. I respect your opinion and I agree with parts. I agree that you shouldn't diss on people's hard working effort, and we all need to stop complaining. But we can state our opinion. If someone doesn't like something your aloud to state an opinion because that's what your doing. I think people should have a respectful opinion. But like Thumper says: "If you can't say somethin' nice don't say anything at all!" Of course opinion I think should be welcome to a message board, but lets not complain. Big differences between complain and opinion. Well I just wanted to add my opinion (HAH! How conveniant!) so thank you for posting this and finally putting light into some people's eyes (I hope!) Because I'm rather annoyed too!
        ¯¨´*·~-.¸¸,.-~*´¨Love Never Dies¨´*·~-.¸¸,.-~*´¨¯

-:|:-...•*¨¯¨*•.....•*¨¯¨*•..….
        .•*¨¯¨*•.¸..`•-•*.….)(.….*•-•´ ¸.•*¨¯¨*•.
        ........•´.•*¨¯¨*•. `•.,¸_¸,.•´..`•.,¸_¸,.•´ .•*¨¯¨*•.`•...-:|:-
        (...`•-•*….).……………..-:|:-....(.…*•-•´...).
        `•.,¸_¸,.•´ .…-:|:-.………………`•.,¸_¸,.•´.
        Ƭнєcαѕєcяєω
        .•*¨¯¨*•..……………..-:|:-……….•*¨¯¨*•.
        (.…*•-•´....•*¨¯¨*•....... .•*¨¯¨*•. ..`•-•*.…)
        `•.,¸_¸,.•´ .•*¨¯¨*•.`•.•´.•*¨¯¨*•...`•.,¸_¸,.•´
        -:|:-.(….*•-•´..) (. `•-•*)……
        ©LG`•.,¸_¸,.•´.. `•.,¸_¸,.•´.-:|:-

×؛°”?`”°؛×ℓα νιє вσнємє×؛°”?`”°؛×

Comment

Those of us who oppose the changes are not complaining. We merely are stating our opinions. We are not wrong to do so, as long as we respect everyone else's opinions. Hopefully, it will help the administration, by letting them know that we always appreciate a heads up (and maybe a poll to give our opinions) before they drastically change the board. And yes, I know that if we don't like it, we don't have to stay. I'm afraid that may happen with a lot of us who are opposing the change...

Everyone has a right to respectfully state their opinions on this site. Whether we like each others opinions or not. So I suggest that we all stop complaining (I include myself in that) about each others views, whether they may be good or bad.

Respectfully,
          ♥Carrie
          .....¸×*¯*׸......¸×*¯*׸
          ....(......♥._)....(_.♥......)..All in favour
          .¸×*¯*׸.....of..........¸·*
          (_.♥......*·.¸_¸.·*¯*·.(
          ...*·¸........(.........♥._)
          ..♥._).......*׸.men.(......♥’¯)
          .........(¯’♥......).......*׸_¸×*
          ..........*׸_¸×*.........¸·*...who slay
          ...........¸·*..dragons (...♥¸
          ..........(_.♥..(¯’♥.......)׸_)..say “I”
          *׸_¸×*
          ©RC + Bess Marvin

Bored? Here is your solution!

Comment

Originally posted by cakesniffer View Post
            To illustrate the position of the admins, I want you to imagine that you decided to re-design some room of your house where a bunch of your friends come to hang out and spend time. So you design it and plan it out, pick new artwork and paint color, then you start your project; part way through some of your friends come over and start complaining about your project saying "Why did you chose that? That looks so bad! That's an ugly color! I liked the way it was before."
            Wouldn't you feel bad because they're complaining about all of your hard work?

I agree with you, and great metaphor for the whole thing.

I can't stand how some people are treating the administers! It's not like they are going to stop making Nancy Drew games, they are just changing the website. Most likely, some of the people who see it now and might not like it, will love it when they see how the new site works as a whole. By seeing only screen shots, it can lead to some rushed ideas that may not be true. We will all have a special place in our hearts for the old (present) website, but soon we will have a new one to laugh and enjoy on. Besides, Nancy Drew is always ready for a new change, think of it as a mystery where we need to hunt down what secrets the new website will have.
            What a more mature Nancy Drew game with more suspense and action? Sign this petition by kittylove112 if you said yes!
            ------>

Comment

Working...
            X