Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep System?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rep System?

    Is the rep system done away with? Has it been replaced with the ability to 'Like' posts?
    "One True Friend to all who are frightened or lost,
    Whether great or small never factor the cost,
    Catch the tears that fall and melt the frost,
    Leave no bridge uncrossed...….


    One True Friend who'll stay, though all others may run,
    keep the wolves at bay till the battle is won,
    Fill the darkest day with blessed sun,
    If you need someone.
    ...He will be One True Friend"


    Merry Christmas to all, and never forget the reason for the season!

  • #2
    It would appear so. Hmmm....
    ..............•*¨¯¨*•.
    .•*¨¯¨*•. (.....*•-•´
    `•-•*.....) `•.¸
    ……¸.•´…..•*¨¯¨*•. callas
    ..•*¨¯¨*•.. (.....*•-•´.•*¨¯¨*•. ...•*¨¯¨*•.... .•*¨¯¨*•.
    (.….*•-•´ ¸.•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*.....)..`•-•*.....) .(.....*•-•´
    .`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•..•*¨¯¨*•.¸..`•.¸
    ...................`•.,¸,.•´......*•-•´ `•-•*......`•-•*

    ©LadyGreenleaf

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by callas View Post
      It would appear so. Hmmm....
      Callas- can we do custom avatars now?!?! or is that for moderators only?
      "One True Friend to all who are frightened or lost,
      Whether great or small never factor the cost,
      Catch the tears that fall and melt the frost,
      Leave no bridge uncrossed...….


      One True Friend who'll stay, though all others may run,
      keep the wolves at bay till the battle is won,
      Fill the darkest day with blessed sun,
      If you need someone.
      ...He will be One True Friend"


      Merry Christmas to all, and never forget the reason for the season!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Juliana+Walter View Post
        Is the rep system done away with? Has it been replaced with the ability to 'Like' posts?
        According to the new FAQ section that was nearly impossible for me to find two days ago--I've linked it here--the reputation system has been replaced with likes. The likes are supposed to give reps, but it is unclear whether rep points or rep power still exists. I, for one, am quite sad because it might mean that we can never progress to new titles based on our accumulated reps. Hoping that ALL of our questions will be addressed by the administrators soon. Even the moderators haven't been debriefed yet from my understanding.

        Comment


        • #5
          The Help link is found at the bottom of the page.

          By "title", if you meant your Detective Level, that was based on number of posts not reputation.

          Your reputation monitor is the orange bars that have "cute" little sayings that popped up if you hovered over them.
          ~~ LadyLinda ~~ -----

          LINKS...ND20+ Easter Eggs & Glitchs...CAP Phone Charms...ND Game Extras...TMB Phone Charms

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Juliana+Walter View Post

            Callas- can we do custom avatars now?!?! or is that for moderators only?
            I tried it to see if we *can*, and I was waiting for someone to mention it so I know that others can see it. Have you tried? I would just request/recommend using an avatar or character, rather than an actual picture of yourself if you do. We are not trained on the new boards yet and don't really know what will be allowed. I would assume that pictures of oneself would not be allowed and would avoid doing that.
            ..............•*¨¯¨*•.
            .•*¨¯¨*•. (.....*•-•´
            `•-•*.....) `•.¸
            ……¸.•´…..•*¨¯¨*•. callas
            ..•*¨¯¨*•.. (.....*•-•´.•*¨¯¨*•. ...•*¨¯¨*•.... .•*¨¯¨*•.
            (.….*•-•´ ¸.•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*.....)..`•-•*.....) .(.....*•-•´
            .`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•..•*¨¯¨*•.¸..`•.¸
            ...................`•.,¸,.•´......*•-•´ `•-•*......`•-•*

            ©LadyGreenleaf

            Comment


            • #7
              How do I change my Avatar?
              To add an avatar to your account, please visit your user profile. You can visit your User Profile by clicking on your name in the upper right corner and selecting "User Profile" from the drop down menu.
              Once on your user profile, hover your mouse over the default avatar presented. You will be shown a link to upload your avatar. Click on it and follow the instructions on the screen. If you're avatar is too large, you will be provide with an opportunity to clip the image to fit.
              Following the above instructions, I am not able to get the link to upload an avatar when hovering the mouse.
              Perhaps this function is allowed only for Moderators at this time.
              ~~ LadyLinda ~~ -----

              LINKS...ND20+ Easter Eggs & Glitchs...CAP Phone Charms...ND Game Extras...TMB Phone Charms

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LadyLinda View Post
                The Help link is found at the bottom of the page.

                By "title", if you meant your Detective Level, that was based on number of posts not reputation.

                Your reputation monitor is the orange bars that have "cute" little sayings that popped up if you hovered over them.
                Oops, sorry for the misinformation! Somehow I never realized that the detective level was based on posts and not reps. That would explain why mine hasn't changed at all. I love the little sayings, and, thankfully, those are still there.

                As for the avatars, no one seems to be able to get them, despite repeated attempts by multiple members. The FAQ section didn't make it sound like avatars were restricted to only moderators, so I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get them back. I miss running around the boards as Harper.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by callas View Post

                  I tried it to see if we *can*, and I was waiting for someone to mention it so I know that others can see it. Have you tried? I would just request/recommend using an avatar or character, rather than an actual picture of yourself if you do. We are not trained on the new boards yet and don't really know what will be allowed. I would assume that pictures of oneself would not be allowed and would avoid doing that.
                  Yea, don't worry, I wouldn't do a pic of myself- nor was I planning to. After all of the gray lookalike standard avatars, it was refreshing to see someone had figured out how to change theirs. Do you remember how you changed your avatar? I tried going under my personal settings, but all I could find was select that I wanted one displayed, but there were no options to change it.
                  "One True Friend to all who are frightened or lost,
                  Whether great or small never factor the cost,
                  Catch the tears that fall and melt the frost,
                  Leave no bridge uncrossed...….


                  One True Friend who'll stay, though all others may run,
                  keep the wolves at bay till the battle is won,
                  Fill the darkest day with blessed sun,
                  If you need someone.
                  ...He will be One True Friend"


                  Merry Christmas to all, and never forget the reason for the season!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LadyLinda View Post

                    Following the above instructions, I am not able to get the link to upload an avatar when hovering the mouse.
                    Perhaps this function is allowed only for Moderators at this time.
                    It seems to only be available for SuperMods right now because I can't do it either.
                    ¸.•*¨¯¨*ّ¸......catsandbooks
                    ((
                    ..*•.¸_¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.......... A library is not a luxury
                    ......¸.•*.....*•.¸_¸))............... but one of the necessities of life!
                    ......*•.¸_¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸... .¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.
                    .................................H.W. Beecher + ©allas؛•.¸_¸.•؛
                    Please follow the rules................................................... ...............Isaiah 40:31
                    FAQ and New Member Resources
                    [/FONT] Please be sure your signatures follow the Siggie Ruler. ◄ Click here to double check.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Another thing I liked about the rep system is that you could see who was giving you reps- especially for things like opinion pieces, you could see who agrees with you. I mean 'liking' posts is fine, but I wish I could see who likes my posts.
                      "One True Friend to all who are frightened or lost,
                      Whether great or small never factor the cost,
                      Catch the tears that fall and melt the frost,
                      Leave no bridge uncrossed...….


                      One True Friend who'll stay, though all others may run,
                      keep the wolves at bay till the battle is won,
                      Fill the darkest day with blessed sun,
                      If you need someone.
                      ...He will be One True Friend"


                      Merry Christmas to all, and never forget the reason for the season!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        With a sad heart, I will get rid of my picture since it really isn't fair. I didn't realize it wasn't on for everyone and I am sorry for the confusion.

                        Originally posted by Juliana+Walter View Post
                        Another thing I liked about the rep system is that you could see who was giving you reps- especially for things like opinion pieces, you could see who agrees with you. I mean 'liking' posts is fine, but I wish I could see who likes my posts.
                        Are you able to see the number of likes? I can see 4 for the quoted post, and when I click on the 4 I can see who they are. Is that something you are able to do?
                        Last edited by callas; November 24th, 2019, 02:44 PM.
                        ..............•*¨¯¨*•.
                        .•*¨¯¨*•. (.....*•-•´
                        `•-•*.....) `•.¸
                        ……¸.•´…..•*¨¯¨*•. callas
                        ..•*¨¯¨*•.. (.....*•-•´.•*¨¯¨*•. ...•*¨¯¨*•.... .•*¨¯¨*•.
                        (.….*•-•´ ¸.•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*.....)..`•-•*.....) .(.....*•-•´
                        .`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•..•*¨¯¨*•.¸..`•.¸
                        ...................`•.,¸,.•´......*•-•´ `•-•*......`•-•*

                        ©LadyGreenleaf

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am able to see the number of likes and who likes the post, both in my messages and by clicking on the number of likes on a post. Sometimes it says "1 other" in the messages tab, which I assumed was a guest, but it might have been another member. I'll be sure to check the actual post now. That makes me feel better about the rep system changes.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by callas View Post
                            With a sad heart, I will get rid of my picture since it really isn't fair. I didn't realize it wasn't on for everyone and I am sorry for the confusion.
                            Aww man- I liked your avatar! Don't feel bad- I don't care if you have it- I'm sure we will all be able to get our own soon.


                            Are you able to see the number of likes? I can see 4 for the quoted post, and when I click on the 4 I can see who they are. Is that something you are able to do?
                            I tested it out and it does work for me. Thanks!
                            "One True Friend to all who are frightened or lost,
                            Whether great or small never factor the cost,
                            Catch the tears that fall and melt the frost,
                            Leave no bridge uncrossed...….


                            One True Friend who'll stay, though all others may run,
                            keep the wolves at bay till the battle is won,
                            Fill the darkest day with blessed sun,
                            If you need someone.
                            ...He will be One True Friend"


                            Merry Christmas to all, and never forget the reason for the season!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X