Installing STFD on Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing STFD on Windows 7

Hoo boy, I know, crazy me and my old games.

I'm trying to install STFD on Windows 7 from a disc but whenever I click to run the setup it just pops up with a box asking if it can make changes to the computer, I click yes, and nothing else happens. I know how to take care of later problems with installation but not this. Any ideas? Thanks!

~Ari
    Proud Member of the CRE Easter Egg Clue Crew!
    Along with Royal Payne, disneygirl12, Ndfan1234, mdetective12, secretariat, highondrew and Vanilla Muffin!

~Ari

I recall that something similar happened to me. I would try opening up Windows Task Manager, clicking on the Processes tab, and ending the setup process; that is, if it's there. (Be careful not to kill anything else, of course. )
    Then try restarting the installation.

I hope that helps! (STFD is one of my favorite games btw. )
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

*ba dum da tsh*

Comment

Thanks, I tried that and it almost started working...but no luck :( Any other ideas?

~Ari
      Along with Royal Payne, disneygirl12, Ndfan1234, mdetective12, secretariat, highondrew and Vanilla Muffin!

~Ari

Comment

I would try closing down most of your open programs. That might help.

And, I guess you could always do the tried and true "reboot".
        There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

*ba dum da tsh*

Comment

Thanks Krol, I was able to figure it out! I had to run it in compatibility mode for Windows 2000 and that sorted it out :) Much appreciated!

~Ari

~Ari

Comment

Working...
          X